The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Hey guys. Flyers fan here in peace. Road tripping up the Montreal for Monday and then heading to Quebec Tuesday for a short little adventure

I'm gonna try to catch the Nashville game. As a neutral fan, are the nosebleeds bad? Between gas and all the local beer, figure I'll cut a few corners and get cheaper seats and just going to the bell is an adventure on its own for me.

Any good advice. Any recommendations of things to do near the bell center as a tourist? Pre game and post game spots?

Thanks for the advice!

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Hey guys. Flyers fan here in peace. Road tripping up the Montreal for Monday and then heading to Quebec Tuesday for a short little adventure

I'm gonna try to catch the Nashville game. As a neutral fan, are the nosebleeds bad? Between gas and all the local beer, figure I'll cut a few corners and get cheaper seats and just going to the bell is an adventure on its own for me.

Any good advice. Any recommendations of things to do near the bell center as a tourist? Pre game and post game spots?

Thanks for the advice!

Yeah you'll find relatively cheap tickets in the at the bell centre before the game starts and you can check ticket prices on the habs website (cheapest is 62.00$ for the furthest row from the ice in the blues). Don't drive your car downtown unless your ready to pay for expensive parking, I'd suggest leaving it at the hotel. There won't be any festivals or special events on that day in town. If you like bars Crescent street is where you'll find most ''high end'' bars in town and there should be some action there even if its Monday. Not sure what type of entertainment you're looking for, this city has it all, but its not the high season and you're going there on a Monday so it might not be the best ambiance.

I'd suggest just walking around the bell centre and discovering some of downtown for yourself.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Yeah you'll find relatively cheap tickets in the at the bell centre before the game starts and you can check ticket prices on the habs website (cheapest is 62.00$ for the furthest row from the ice in the blues). Don't drive your car downtown unless your ready to pay for expensive parking, I'd suggest leaving it at the hotel. There won't be any festivals or special events on that day in town. If you like bars Crescent street is where you'll find most ''high end'' bars in town and there should be some action there even if its Monday. Not sure what type of entertainment you're looking for, this city has it all, but its not the high season and you're going there on a Monday so it might not be the best ambiance.

I'd suggest just walking around the bell centre and discovering some of downtown for yourself.

Hey thanks for the advice! We are staying about 3 blocks from the bell so plan to walk. Sounds like there is a lot around there. Helpless wandering is usually the best for of sightseeing so sounds like the bell area is perfect.

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Hey thanks for the advice! We are staying about 3 blocks from the bell so plan to walk. Sounds like there is a lot around there. Helpless wandering is usually the best for of sightseeing so sounds like the bell area is perfect.

As long as your helpless wandering happens on Ste-Catherine's street (located few streets North of the Bell Centre) you should be good to go.

Anywhere else is pretty pointless

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
Hey all, I'm coming to Montreal for my first time for the Grand Prix in June. Im not a huge racing fan but my friend is buying the tickets and ive always wanted to visit your city. Obviously im a huge hockey fan. Are there any museums or merchandise spots i could check out while im there? Id like to get a souvenir or see a neat tribute to the sport if there is any.

I appreciate any responses. Also, is there a particular cuisine or restaurant i should definitely check out? I might only get to check out one or two places, whats THE thing to see in Montreal?

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Hey all, I'm coming to Montreal for my first time for the Grand Prix in June. Im not a huge racing fan but my friend is buying the tickets and ive always wanted to visit your city. Obviously im a huge hockey fan. Are there any museums or merchandise spots i could check out while im there? Id like to get a souvenir or see a neat tribute to the sport if there is any.

I appreciate any responses. Also, is there a particular cuisine or restaurant i should definitely check out? I might only get to check out one or two places, whats THE thing to see in Montreal?

Montreal's nightlife is THE thing to see... There are so many options, during the F1 there will be a lot of action on crescent street.

Puzzles

nice sauce
Jun 22, 2012
Montreal

after you're done partying on Crescent etc, go to Schwartz' and get yourself a smoked meat sandwich in the wee hours. Or get a poutine from anywhere. Monkland also has a lesser known GP celebration where they shut down the street and have live music and food trucks. Go to Prohibition for brunch and get the fried chicken and french toast.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
after you're done partying on Crescent etc, go to Schwartz' and get yourself a smoked meat sandwich in the wee hours. Or get a poutine from anywhere. Monkland also has a lesser known GP celebration where they shut down the street and have live music and food trucks. Go to Prohibition for brunch and get the fried chicken and french toast.
I definitely have to try poutine. Fried chicken and french toast sounds godly

Jack Bauer

May 30, 2007
Cape Breton
Going to Montreal for 4-5 days at the end of September...girlfriend has tickets for Adele.

Would be nice to catch a pre-season game but I assume that's doubtful.

We plan on staying close to the Bell Center. Any tips I should know about the area? Anything we should try to plan and see? Will probably have all of Thursday and Saturday to get out and see the city with the concert being on Friday.

We plan on driving up and back. Any helpful tips or things we should go out of our way to see would be appreciated.

Puzzles

nice sauce
Jun 22, 2012
Montreal
Going to Montreal for 4-5 days at the end of September...girlfriend has tickets for Adele.

Would be nice to catch a pre-season game but I assume that's doubtful.

We plan on staying close to the Bell Center. Any tips I should know about the area? Anything we should try to plan and see? Will probably have all of Thursday and Saturday to get out and see the city with the concert being on Friday.

We plan on driving up and back. Any helpful tips or things we should go out of our way to see would be appreciated.

If you're driving, might as well stop at Smokemeat Pete. I'd say it's better than Schwartz' for smoked meat, but location wise not so great.

Lex444

Jun 22, 2009
Is the bell center a safe place for fans with opposition jerseys? I was thinking of bringing the family to the Rangers-Montreal game on the 26th. The seats im looking to buy would be up top in the cheap seats. Is this ok for kids?
Thank you

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Hey all,

Heading to Montreal for Easter and wanted to try to get some autographs with my son. I've heard we'd basically have to hang out by the parking garage at Brossard. Is this the case and if so, what time should we be there? any advice would be appreciated.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
Hey all,

Heading to Montreal for Easter and wanted to try to get some autographs with my son. I've heard we'd basically have to hang out by the parking garage at Brossard. Is this the case and if so, what time should we be there? any advice would be appreciated.

I'm going with my family too. Staying at the Sheraton downtown. I have the same plan as you.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm going with my family too. Staying at the Sheraton downtown. I have the same plan as you.

Yeah, not sure of our chances meeting anyone at the Bell Centre. I got my son's P.K. jersey signed when I was in Nashville during the All-Star break but now he wants his hat signed and a picture... May arrive Friday morning, so I might pass by Brossard early afternoon.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
What's Easter Sunday like downtown? Is it mostly business as usual, busier or do things shut down?

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
In Montreal for the first time with a few buddies. Looking to get some last minute tickets to the Rangers game tonight, but I realize it's a big ticket game on a Saturday night against an Original 6 team. Would we be able to find discounted tickets after puck drop around the Bell? any advice?

Also, if getting into the game doesn't happen, are there any big sports bars in the immediate area that'll show the game? Looking for a cool hockey experience, so the busier and rowdier the bar is, the better! :)

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
In Montreal for the first time with a few buddies. Looking to get some last minute tickets to the Rangers game tonight, but I realize it's a big ticket game on a Saturday night against an Original 6 team. Would we be able to find discounted tickets after puck drop around the Bell? any advice?

Also, if getting into the game doesn't happen, are there any big sports bars in the immediate area that'll show the game? Looking for a cool hockey experience, so the busier and rowdier the bar is, the better! :)

Yeah there's a lot of scalpers around, you can probably bargain with them and get the ticket prices really low.

Enseignant

Mar 31, 2016
England
Recently became a Habs fan after a long period of flirting with the idea and dipping in and out of interest.

I'm from the North East of England and I've cast longing glances to Montreal for a very long time now. I'm hoping to come on holiday in the next few months, so I'm following this thread with interest.

Hope you will all welcome me here as I plan to stick around.

J'apprends le français. Je suis terrible!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->