muimui
Des Korean BBQ
india Rosa
Impasto
ichigo ichi ou yokato yokabai
bistro la franquette
satay brothers
beba restaurant
ca c’est genre pour une famille de 4 avec pas trop d’accool et plus de bouffe (that's like for a family of four without too much alcohol but legit food quantity)"

I've been to Satay Brothers it was really good, it's Singapurian food.
Thanks! Appreciate the feedback!

• Love
Reactions: Toene

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I’ll beg to differ. I had a horrendous experience with a takeout order. Worst smoked meat I’ve had in my life. There were loads of unchewable, stringy, hard fat pieces that I couldn’t imagine would ever appear in an order for medium fat 2 lbs. smoked meat dish.

I lived too far away to go back and return it so I chose instead not to go back. And threw it out. It was disgusting. If I want smoked meat now, I’ll go to Schwartz’s or Dunn’s.
TBH I'm just going on reputation. But my guess is that with the employee shortage they may have to hire younger or less-skilled people. Having cut smoked meat myself in a cantine I worked in at ~18yo, medium-fat is rarely asked. Everybody wants lean/medium. It's also the part (fat) of the piece of meat that's has the most nerves and chewy parts so you have to discard the bad slices. If the cook is careless it's not gonna be good.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
TBH I'm just going on reputation. But my guess is that with the employee shortage they may have to hire younger or less-skilled people. Having cut smoked meat myself in a cantine I worked in at ~18yo, medium-fat is rarely asked. Everybody wants lean/medium. It's also the part (fat) of the piece of meat that's has the most nerves and chewy parts so you have to discard the bad slices. If the cook is careless it's not gonna be good.
I had been going there for years, so I knew the place. It was never a high end product, but not as bad as I got it either. So I had more than reputation to go on.

My incident happened just before the pandemic. This was way beyond the normal level of fat that goes into a medium order. It’s inexcusable that it was inedible. I’ve also been going to Dunn’s and Schwartz’s for years and never had a bad experience so I would recommend the latter two spots to anyone visiting town — you’re bound to get a standard of quality.

Reactions: yianik and Toene

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Hey I cant find it on the Brossard arena webpage (maybe I'm blind), so I thought I'd take my chance here:

Does anyone know the schedule of the Habs practices? I'm in town this week and would love to go, specifically Tuesday.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Are you at a loss for words? Or just changed your mind at the last minute? :laugh:
I keep accidentally opening this thread on mobile (how everything pop ups/moves up suddenly) instead of posting in the GDTs lmao

Alcohol may or may not be a factor as well :sarcasm:

C0biWU3.gif

Last edited:

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Driving in from Kingston for tomorrow night's game, not looking to park anywhere remotely close to downtown. What would be the best place to park and take a train to the arena? Relatively close to A20 preferred.

Thanks

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Making my long awaited return to Montreal to take in a Bruins game for my birthday. Did it once in 2008, and again in 2009, haven't been back since. You guys steered me to Cafe Presto in 2008 and it was a solid rec back then. Not sure if it's the same today. Staying at the Sandman in Longueuil as I have before, familiar enough with the subway to get to the game.

Just need a dinner spot for the lady and I. Not looking for pub grub, something on the nicer side preferred.
Decided on the main for pregame sandwiches. Although I’m a little confused about the subway now. Apparently coming from Longueuil carries an additional charge? I assume i can stick a credit card into a kiosk at the station to get a pre loaded ticket? I’m gonna be going from longueuil to Sherbrooke with a transfer at berri uqam, then another trip from Sherbrooke to Bonaventure, and lastly from Bonaventure to longueuil with a transfer in berri uqam.

Can i load 3 trips onto a ticket at a kiosk?

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Hey all. I'll be up in MTL for the Devils game on March 11. I was just looking for some recommendations on places near the arena to get a nice dinner at before the game. I've been to Montreal 50 times but the places I usually eat at typically don't open til 5-5:30 cutting it close to game time. Any suggestions? Thanks so much and nice win kicking our asses last night. One of those games the Devils have a million shots and lose. Happens a lot.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My daughter and I are driving up for the last game of the season (vs the Bruins) I have been to Montreal a couple of times (many years ago) but never to a game there.

We have a hotel and tickets and as long as my hip holds out (needs replacement) we will be there.

My daughter has never been there. Any suggestions on a city tour?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
My daughter and I are driving up for the last game of the season (vs the Bruins) I have been to Montreal a couple of times (many years ago) but never to a game there.

We have a hotel and tickets and as long as my hip holds out (needs replacement) we will be there.

My daughter has never been there. Any suggestions on a city tour?
You probably better off Google it. Posters on here don't seem to know much about Montreal or Bell Centre

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You probably better off Google it. Posters on here don't seem to know much about Montreal or Bell Centre
We are here. We are doing a bus tour tomorrow. I am old and need a new hip so cannot walk far. We just did the big ferris wheel. It is beautiful weather. Also here is another old time Bruins HF poster @DKH.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Is the Bell center tour worthwhile? can sample those famous dogs?

Guess it would be foolish to ask anything else eh?lol.

So much for buying everyone a round then.lol

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is the Bell center tour worthwhile? can sample those famous dogs?

Guess it would be foolish to ask anything else eh?lol.

So much for buying everyone a round then.lol

It's been many years since I had the tour.... There's no food... The habs hall of fame set up was kind of cool.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
It's been many years since I had the tour.... There's no food... The habs hall of fame set up was kind of cool.
Thanks anyways but we've come and gone. We saw a show there and that was more than enough.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
Have an Air BnB around St Denis and Rene Levesque, will be there for Metallica so August. What some awesome places there to drink? Cocktails, craft beer type stuff? Walking distance or something I can metro it to!

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
If any of you want dirt cheap Metallica tix (a pair) for tonight, that I bought way too high a price and I won’t be able to make it, PM me.

Section 263, 125$ each. Ticketmaster won’t let me sell them below 165, and they take a cut…

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Top notch Reuben ? Will.be there Sunday for most of the day ? Good family restauramr ideas that is more $$ than $$$ ?'

White Out 902

I'm usually right.
Aug 17, 2017
Cape Breton Island
Hello Canadiens fans! I am coming to your lovely city to enjoy your beautiful food and a hockey game against the Jets on the 28th. Can anyone give me some recommendations on the fastest or most efficient way to get out of the arena and get ottawa? I'll have a rental car thank you in advance and I'll see you at the orange julep

Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad