The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

angusyoung

The life of..The Party
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
A friend of mine from the Mascouche area sent me a few clips of a tornado that swept through his area,hope everyone is doing ok. Never like seeing any type twisters and see water spouts occasionally but often get quakes that are small for the most part. A few times some large enough to cause some minor damage though.

TheYardMachine

Nice guy. Tries hard. Loves the game.
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2018
Sup guys!

Going to MTL to watch the game and live the amazing vibe there is going to be.

A lot of places are already full and i wanted to know if you had sone great places to watch the game.

Might go in front of Bell Centre watch the game from outside later in the night

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Anyone have any idea when individual game tickets might go on sale for this season? Found a really good flight deal and looking to go to the home opener. Theres some tickets available on Stubhub now but the prices are brutal. $400 each to sit up in the nosebleeds.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
I need advice on some nice restaurants, I am going on a 2nd date with a girl next weekend cause she’s going to her family chalet on Thursday to Sunday. I want to take her out on a restaurant, any suggestions? I was thinking Elixor

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
In town for a wedding. Anyone got food recommendations? Sunday I'd like to hit up something delicious.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
Yes you can go to a MTL CF game but make sure you leave at the 80 min mark, so you dont have to see the teams collapse at the end of every game.

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
Hey! Going to Montreal next month with my girlfriend. Got tickets to the habs / Pens game. Thinking about staying in old Montreal and tour around from there. We love fine dinning and looking for some recommendations? Any suggestions?

Barriwhite

Don’t be shocked by the tone of my voice
Nov 8, 2005
Montreal
Hey! Going to Montreal next month with my girlfriend. Got tickets to the habs / Pens game. Thinking about staying in old Montreal and tour around from there. We love fine dinning and looking for some recommendations? Any suggestions?

Can’t go wrong with Toqué! Pretty much the quintessential fine dining experience in Montreal.

Reactions: Garnet76

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
My wife and I will be in Montreal in November for a few days. The necessary questions:

St. Viateur or Fairmount?
Where to get poutine?
Schwartz's or somewhere else for smoked meat?
Any must visit places?

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
My wife and I will be in Montreal in November for a few days. The necessary questions:

St. Viateur or Fairmount? Too close to call.
Where to get poutine? Any fast food joint with patate or frites in the name. :laugh:
Swartz's or somewhere else for smoked meat? Across the street.
Any must visit places? Too many to single out, depends on your likes. Biodome is great.

Whatever you do, stay away from the Bell center; horror show, unsuitable for any age group.:sarcasm:

Reactions: Riggins

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Well, massive news here to celebrate.

I have been to Montreal a few times, mainly for work and usually only for a few days during the week. Never have I been to the Bell Centre.

Yesterday I got a call from my Father who informed me that I can mark off Bell Centre/Habs game as he bought us two tickets to the Habs vs Kraken match in March.

So, hoping that COVID stays away, I'll finally be able to go to my first home game for the Habs.

Absolute blessing to have a father whom enjoys sports and wants to help me knock this off my 'bucket list' despite being a Wings fans since birth and never understanding why I was ever a Habs fan.

Montreal....here I come.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Crazy to think in one week I'll be in Montreal for the first Habs game in years to have full capacity. I started packing today and I'm not bringing any tops that aren't Habs.

3 Sweaters - Gally (red) and Weber (white) SCF, and my classic Beliveau (Red) ones will be making the trip.

Anything I should visit before the game?

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
I’m going to the Habs game tomorrow night at the Club Desjardins loge. Is the food and drinks same price as in the stands or more expensive?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
So I'm flying to Montreal tomorrow, and was curious where the best place to watch Saturday's game was..? I'll be there on Sunday, but a bar or something Saturyda would be great.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I have officially and safely arrived in Montreal! I'm down in Old Montreal right near Notre Dame.

The weather is vastly different but I'm happy that I'm finally here and excited to go and explore more tomorrow.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I'm already missing Montreal. This was by far my favorite visit.

Got to climb Mount Royal with my Dad and just talk. Weather was great, and we found ourselves at Cafe Olimpico in Old Montreal just drinking Americanos and talking.

Not to mention on the day we arrived, we saw the giant line of people at the convention center in line to vote for the French election.

Again, just a perfect weekend looking back, and I am a bit sad to be home.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was thinking of traveling up for a pre season game this year can anyone tell me what the recent ticket prices have been for pre season it's been probably 10 years since I've gone thanks.

1980Feels

Jun 6, 2016
Hello all, I hope I found the right place to do this:

I'm an out of towner coming into Montreal for the draft with a bunch of friends, and we are staying in the old Montreal area.

We plan to attempt to get tickets into the draft (since they sold out so quick last week) but if that fails we want a backup spot to hang and watch the draft.

So a few questions, if you don't mind!

1) is the team hosting an official draft party outside the arena? If so does anyone know what the setup will be? Drinks? Food?

2) are there any specific bars within the vicinity of the arena or even in old Montreal that would be a good place to watch the draft (preferably a place that is showing it with sound on)?

3) what would be the best "sports bar" in the city to watch, even if it's not in the vicinity of old Montreal/arena area?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad