The Western Conference- Anaheim's to lose?

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
#1 in the West: down 0-3.

#2 in the West: down 0-3.

#3 in the West- Seriously, in light of the events in the other series and recent events in this series (Game 2's winner off a freak bounce, a 4-1 comeback with basically 11 minutes left.... AND THE WAY THE GAME 3 OT GOAL WAS SCORED, MY GOD!)

My god, at this point, barring a series of miracle(s), the Ducks may have home-ice advantage to the Finals.

Now, who knows what'll happen with Edmonton/San Jose, but after the two Western games tonight, it just feels like the Hockey Gods are on the side of Randy freaking Carlyle.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Preds are the best team. If my Oilers somehow make it out alive of the Pacific - they would get swept by Nashville.

Ducks are too injured.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
No offense to other teams, but I think they will have an easy route to the finals. Preds and Oilers might give them some trouble, but that remains to be seen.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Edmonton is more than capable of exposing us unless we get some reinforcements back on our blue-line. Also, Nashville might be our opponent in the conference final should we get that far, and they beat what was a superior Ducks squad last year. We've definitely got our chances to go far this year but we certainly have our deficiencies.

It's a pretty wide-open playoff this year though. Pittsburgh is the only championship-caliber team that's playing up to par right now, and they're coming off a Cup win so it's possible fatigue becomes a factor later on in the postseason. Washington, Chicago, Minnesota, and Columbus have all looked mortal. Some surprises could happen.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I mean, calgary has choked away several leads that could have buried anaheim (including taking stupid penalties for no reason)

If anything it's nashville's to lose because they have dominated the best in the west by a huge margin.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Preds are definately the team to beat right now. Ducks aren't running away with their series against the worst team in playoffs. That's concerning. Also the energy at DisneyLand isn't high enough to propel them into a run.

Oilers-Preds WCF. Calling it now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Nah, I could see any of the teams in the West outside of the ones that are already basically dead coming out of the West to be honest. None of the Sharks, Oilers, Predators, Blues or Ducks coming out of the West would surprise me. I think the East is a lot more predictable if the Capitals lose than the West is if the Wild and Hawks lose, which is also why I think it's pretty likely the East wins the cup again this year.

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Honestly Nashville is looking like the team to beat right now. They look absolutely stunning. Anaheim is my pick to come from the Pacific but they need to tighten up defensively over the next few games/series if they want to push further than that. Flames are not playing well right now and Anaheim is not dominating those games by any means consistently.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Sure looks like it's the ducks' to lose right now but nothing is decided yet.
Who knows, someone may blow a 3-0 lead.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I would take the Preds or San Jose (if they make it through Edmonton) over Anaheim.

Oct 18, 2011
bad thread, I have been saying all year the west is wide open anyone can win it and I still believe that

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Surprising the OP would make this thread considering, at the beginning of this series, he was calling Gibson a plug, the Ducks as a team are old, and that they downgraded at head coach from last year

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Love the ducks, but they are really in shambles on defense. The boys held their own tonight after giving up 4, but they have to get some help back there (fowler, vatanen and/ or stoner?) to realistically stand a chance in the long run. Lindholm and now bieksa look hurt as well. I guess if they can out score the other team though...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad