Pre-Game Talk: The Week towards the Deep Unknown [CHI, MIN, @DAL, @STL]

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I know nobody gives a damn what Bednar says anymore but he's still speaking for the org. So from today:

- Mikko arrived at the rink and couldn't get his skate on is why he couldn't play
- intends to keep the same lineup other than the minor injuries
- wants to see MacK, JTC and Jost down the middle in these last games
- very happy with growth from Z and Mikko this year
- very excited for youth movement, quality high end guys especially Jost and JTC

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
You know it's funny, but a lot of us are complaining that Bednar won't bench FB. However benching vets, and generally being hard on them is apparently what lost Bednar the locker room so early.

Just thought that was kind of an interesting irony.

I just wish FB wasn't apparently special, and if we had to suffer the faults of Bednar it sucks he isn't sticking to it when it might actually benefit us lol.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I know nobody gives a damn what Bednar says anymore but he's still speaking for the org. So from today:

- Mikko arrived at the rink and couldn't get his skate on is why he couldn't play
- very excited for youth movement, quality high end guys especially Jost and JTC

Sounds like he was handed a card with speaking points by a certain marketing person from the AVs.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You know it's funny, but a lot of us are complaining that Bednar won't bench FB. However benching vets, and generally being hard on them is apparently what lost Bednar the locker room so early.

Just thought that was kind of an interesting irony.

I just wish FB wasn't apparently special, and if we had to suffer the faults of Bednar it sucks he isn't sticking to it when it might actually benefit us lol.

If anything it irritates me even more. He has basically alienated everyone EXCEPT for Beauchemin lol.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
So Mikko not in a cast or whats up with his foot? The hell is going on here. I wanna see him at the World Championships damnit.

Just posted to Injury thread:

There was a Finnish interview I read this morning about Rantanens injury.

– Kiekko tuli oikeaan nilkkaan aiemmin, mutta kuvissa ei onneksi näkynyt mitään vakavaa. Kyseessä on tälli, mutta ei mitään murtumaa, Rantanen kertoi Ilta-Sanomille keskiviikkona.

Puck hit my right ankle earlier but luckily the pictures showed nothing serious. It is just a hit, no fractures, Rantanen told to Iltasanomat at Wednesday.

– Päivä kerrallaan mennään tällä hetkellä. Pelaamme viimeiset pelit aika tiuhaan tahtiin, joten katsotaan nyt, ehtiikö nilkka parantua kunnolla viikonloppuun mennessä. Huomenna on taas uusi päivä. Saa nähdä, saanko edes luistinta jalkaan.

One day at a time. We're playing our last games in a very tight schedule so I'll just have to see if the ankle is better by the weekend. It's a new day tomorrow. I'll have to see if I'm even able to put my skates on.

(Talking about upcoming IIHF World Championship) – Harmi, että vamma tuli juuri tähän paikkaan. Pitää katsoa rauhassa kauden jälkeen, mikä nilkan kunto on. Vasta sen jälkeen tehdään ratkaisuja, toppuutteli Rantanen.

It's a shame that the injury happened now. I'll have wait until the season is over to see where we're at. I won't make decisions until then, Rantanen told.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
So I guess Dater's report of Rantanen being in a 'cast' were misleading, sounds more like Dater saw a brace.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States

Whether it's fair to the vets or not, it looks like Bednar is finally starting to get the team he wanted from the start (young, fast, skilled guys). It will be interesting to see, if he sticks around and I think he will, who the organization feels fits that mold of a Bednar team.

I really do hope they go full youth movement next year and don't really go crazy trying to sign vet leaders for the team since some are leaving. This offseason is going to be very telling if they really are willing to give the reigns to the young core.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
So I guess Dater's report of Rantanen being in a 'cast' were misleading, sounds more like Dater saw a brace.

Doesn't surprise me at all he embellished the situation.

I know there's no excuse for Bednar not benching the crap but he's also working with the roster he's given. He has no VP title, he's not going to be able to tell Sakic and Billington to give him younger players. From his tone and the way he said it, it sounds like he greatly prefers what's going on now with the youth movement. Every coach has a vet or a blind spot to one player or another. I wonder if the FO would even allow a Beauchemin benching.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

I thought I saw someone call it a walking boot...which I can understand someone calling it a cast (not saying I would necessarily agree with that verbiage, but I can understand someone using it).

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Interesting Matt Duchene Stats

His entire career before this season: 62 points per 82 games played
Opening night 2016 to January 1 2017: 62 points per 82 games played
January 1st to Now: 31 points per 82 games played

Half. His production in 2017 is exactly half what it was before 2017 in regards to both this season and his entire career.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Interesting Matt Duchene Stats

His entire career before this season: 62 points per 82 games played
Opening night 2016 to January 1 2017: 62 points per 82 games played
January 1st to Now: 31 points per 82 games played

Half. His production in 2017 is exactly half what it was before 2017 in regards to both this season and his entire career.

That's about the time he stopped playing with Iggy, right? I think we found the culprit. :sarcasm:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Good question, Dater :shakehead

lol I bet the players are just soooooooo happy to have Dater back in the room.

I've been loving BSN lately but ditching JJ and bringing in Dater was a bad move, their podcasts have gone downhill since. Neither AJ or Dater have the charisma to host. AJ is the man but it's pointless if Dater is just going to interrupt him and mumble every 40 seconds.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Read on twitter that both Duchene and Landeskog will play in the WHC. MacKinnon is still undecided.

It'll be good for Duchene to go out there and show what he can do after this miserable season. Hopefully he has a great tournament.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
lol I bet the players are just soooooooo happy to have Dater back in the room.

I've been loving BSN lately but ditching JJ and bringing in Dater was a bad move, their podcasts have gone downhill since. Neither AJ or Dater have the charisma to host. AJ is the man but it's pointless if Dater is just going to interrupt him and mumble every 40 seconds.

Yeah I agree. I've always felt by some of the answers and responses by players and staff that they don't really take BSN seriously. I thought (even though he's hated by many) that bringing Dater on board maybe BSN would gain some respect but instead it seems as though people are caring for Dater even less than before. Him going off on his little hissy fits about the Olympics and stuff like that aren't helping either.

I remember the first time Dater did his player grades I got a little excited. I had missed reading TMV's comments and even though I don't really like Dater's analysis of hockey players I respect a lot of his work and was interested in what he had to say. I open up the link and it said something like "F's for everyone" and that was it. No work put into it. No individual grades for every player. Just a total tank job like a lot of his work. BSN is considered a glorified fan page by many people and instead of helping getting them better recognition Dater is just starting to make himself look like more of a glorified fan.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Read on twitter that both Duchene and Landeskog will play in the WHC. MacKinnon is still undecided.

It'll be good for Duchene to go out there and show what he can do after this miserable season. Hopefully he has a great tournament.

If we're trading Dutch I hope he puts up 6 points a game and dominates the tourney. Preferably with a linemate from a team that is interested in him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
If we're trading Dutch I hope he puts up 6 points a game and dominates the tourney. Preferably with a linemate from a team that is interested in him.

Indeed. Too bad Tavares got hurt and probably won't play. Maybe they can stick Skinner on his wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad