Pre-Game Talk: The week that is, that was, and that will be ANA, ARI, STL, LAK

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
I can already hear the litany of excuses if they lose a series to a team that got a few more days off. I hope people don't read too much into it. Personally I don't think it'll be a deciding factor unless a specific player (I don't know, perhaps a goalie who's been world-beatingly good all season) misses a lot of time and doesn't come back sharp.

Maybe some people will, I wouldn't though. They should be able to beat anyone a couple of games off or not. Just a more general comment that the other teams will get a little break and that this "break" doesn't help the Avs.

Reactions: nightonthesun

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Vegas is gonna play 4 games until Avs come back and play on Thursday. Safe to say they will pass the Avs in west, so they better come back and start winning again

Last edited:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Vegas is gonna a play 4 games until Avs come back and play on Thursday. Safe to say they will pass the Avs in west, so they better come back and start winning again

giphy.gif

Reactions: Steerpike

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Well considering its two games against the Kings as part of the makeup, I bet those will be like enhanced scrimmages. Kings will be out of the playoffs so I bet they use every prospect they have at their disposal and the Avs can counter with a heavy on non-veterans lineup as well.
They won't matter to the Kings, but they very well may mean a lot to the Avs. I doubt they rest their stars for games that could determine the top seed in the West, even if the Kings will be halfassing it.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Well, I would say COVID-Break at the worst possible time. I even would go further and start whispering "goodbye 1st place in the west". Our schedule gonna be brutal down the road, if we can play again next week at all (which i doubt)! :dunno: :surrender

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
You know I can imagine MacKinnon was in his basement wearing nothing but his boxers and his hockey helmet getting psyched up for tonight when he heard the news. I can almost hear him screaming WTF I WANNA DO MY f***ING JOB over and over again at the TV when the news broke that the game was postponed.

I just spitted my coffee all over the place... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Great stuff.

Reactions: xpatriatedtexan

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Donskoi officially cold after his hat trick. No points in April (8 Avs games) and now out of the lineup.

I’m curious to see how Bednar patches up the 3rd line to keep it going.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Well, I would say COVID-Break at the worst possible time. I even would go further and start whispering "goodbye 1st place in the west". Our schedule gonna be brutal down the road, if we can play again next week at all (which i doubt)! :dunno: :surrender
This is why I say this year none of the stuff like division titles, or individual awards etc...should have much meaning. This is a season where you just hope to get through it and whatever happens, happens and can't wait for next year where hopefully things are back to somewhat normal

Reactions: McMetal

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

Great news.

Side note, even if he is Dater’s minion this Scott McDonald guy is becoming the best guy to follow on Twitter for Avs news. When he gets updates he posts them immediately. That’s all I’ve ever expected from Avs media and for some reason none of them have ever been capable of doing so. He even posted something a few days ago that the Avs had a day off, there’d be no media and they were flying to St. Louis. I don’t expect to get any inside info or anything from him and in all honesty I don’t really want that since most people who post inside info on the Avs (aside from Lebrun, Friedman and Lavoie) are making it up anyway.

I want to know what’s going on daily with the team I follow and this guy is doing it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Great news.

Side note, even if he is Dater’s minion this Scott McDonald guy is becoming the best guy to follow on Twitter for Avs news. When he gets updates he posts them immediately. That’s all I’ve ever expected from Avs media and for some reason none of them have ever been capable of doing so. He even posted something a few days ago that the Avs had a day off, there’d be no media and they were flying to St. Louis. I don’t expect to get any inside info or anything from him and in all honesty I don’t really want that since most people who post inside info on the Avs (aside from Lebrun, Friedman and Lavoie) are making it up anyway.

I want to know what’s going on daily with the team I follow and this guy is doing it.
Something Baugh needs to learn how to do instead of tweeting three times per game at the end of each period and then once per day if we're lucky about a random update that was news hours earlier.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Great news.

Didn't that used to be the job description of a sports team beat writer?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018

It cuts both ways. People have been clamoring for added depth. This means those games will be played with the newly acquired depth that is hopefully more assimilated by the next time.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00