Pre-Game Talk: The week of tryptophan, cyber Monday, and the start of a 4 game roady (Jets, Sabers, and B's)

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Back in the states after a month in Mexico. Just in time to see that how many guys are out now? 8? 9?

That bottom six is hilarious. To think they keep on chugging out wins with a roster like that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I remember when we traded a guaranteed yakupov for varly (of course...our pick was used to take forsberg who is actually good but I digress)

I'm still irrationally angry about that deal, not necessarily the deal itself but that the Avs actually downsized after making it, all but guaranteeing they were handing over a high first rounder.

The Greg From Accounting era was extremely forgettable, though to be fair he was in charge back when ownership was in full DGAF mode.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Excited to see how Bednar utilizes Foudy... kid is amazing at transition hockey with the puck on his stick. If that can translate, he can tilt the ice and cover up some of the coverage issues. Use him like Burkie.
I believe Bednar said that JLF was going to be on a line with Newhook and Chucky. So right into the fire. I'd argue that that "second" line with Newhook has been utilized more like a sheltered third line, with Compher as the de facto 2C getting matchup duty, but still, loading up all the skill in the bottom nine on one line and letting it rip is probably the way to go.

Reactions: Chiarelli

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
I don’t watch much AHL games so don’t really know much about Foudy outside of his skating. Will it be elite at the NHL level? Any chance he gets called up and never goes back down this year?

What kind of ceiling are we looking at here?

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I don’t watch much AHL games so don’t really know much about Foudy outside of his skating. Will it be elite at the NHL level? Any chance he gets called up and never goes back down this year?

Yeah his skating will stand out at the NHL level from what I’ve seen. He’d be one of the best skaters on the Avs roster.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Ceiling is likely a second line guy with a lower chance of that. Reasonable is a 3rd liner who excels in transition and can be a threat on the pk.

Outside of skating, he’s got a nice set of mitts and good vision to setup plays. Can be passive and pushed to the outside too easily. If he can learn to attack the middle of the ice efficiently, he’s got enough talent to have an impact in the NHL.

Reactions: Pokecheque

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Everyone is seeing why JTC is an integral part of this team. He can slot into a lot of places in the lineup and never complains and goes out there and plays hard and plays effectively.

People wanted to cap dump JTC for goons like Kerfoot and Jost. Joe Sakic knows a gamer when he sees one. And JTC is a gamer.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Back in the states after a month in Mexico. Just in time to see that how many guys are out now? 8? 9?

That bottom six is hilarious. To think they keep on chugging out wins with a roster like that.

Long holiday. Did you enjoy the food, view, weather and drinks?

Everyone is seeing why JTC is an integral part of this team. He can slot into a lot of places in the lineup and never complains and goes out there and plays hard and plays effectively.

People wanted to cap dump JTC for goons like Kerfoot and Jost. Joe Sakic knows a gamer when he sees one. And JTC is a gamer.

Yeah JTC is frustrating player in a way but also very useful.

I wonder what his price will be next off-season.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021
Feeling VERY confident ! I expect nothing but grit, determination, summed up with consecutive wins on the board. Honestly think we'll be top 3-4 in the league when we get Landy / Nuke / King Bo back.

Well oiled machines just purr.
Only 3-4?

You’re slipping,man. We’re 7th in win% right now.

We’d be in 1st by a mile with an NHL roster

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
JTC is just good enough to play any role, but just bad enough to be extremely irritating at any role.
He was able to be a positive third line contributor and when Kadri was out moved up to the second line at times. On a dominant Stanley Cup winner.

30 other teams would do anything short of murder to have JTC on their team. And Philly with Torts and Clarke and Fletcher would easily commit murder for JTC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He was able to be a positive third line contributor and when Kadri was out moved up to the second line at times. On a dominant Stanley Cup winner.

30 other teams would do anything short of murder to have JTC on their team. And Philly with Torts and Clarke and Fletcher would easily commit murder for JTC.
No one is murdering for JTC... not even his family.

Any successful team does need a Swiss Army knife player like JTC though. A guy who can play wing or center... and can play any line between 2nd and 4th. Really teams need a couple of those sorts of guys. Elite ones are guys like Gourde. The Compher sort is really minimum sort of quality there.

Now saying that, if playoff effort Compher was around all season... he'd be in that Gourde class. That is really what separates them. Gourde has a constant motor and is pesty all the time. Compher is rather lazy until it matters.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022

Any successful team does need a Swiss Army knife player like JTC though. A guy who can play wing or center... and can play any line between 2nd and 4th. Really teams need a couple of those sorts of guys. Elite ones are guys like Gourde. The Compher sort is really minimum sort of quality there.

Now saying that, if playoff effort Compher was around all season... he'd be in that Gourde class. That is really what separates them. Gourde has a constant motor and is pesty all the time. Compher is rather lazy until it matters.
JTC is playing solid now. He's stepping up when his team needs him with so many guys injured. Unlike some of the guys Sakic got rid of who were at their best putting up points in blowout regular season games (Graves).

JTC may not bring it every night in meaningless games and that will keep his price down. $3.5 million doesn't buy a lot for UFAs.

Reactions: The Moops

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019

My pet peeve with Compher when he's in his lazy mood is when he skates around with his stick in the air with both hands on his stick while "forechecking" or even worse when he's on the PK. Like dude put your fken stick on the ice at least you might intercept a pass by accident.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad