Pre-Game Talk: The week of the Regular Season Finale (Edm, Wpg, @Nsh)

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
So we need the Wild to give the Jets at least one point tonight, which would eliminate Nashville and make our last two games of the season easier as both teams are playing for nothing.

Then the Avs need to do their part and stay ahead of Dallas. But with the injuries (and knowing Girard is going against McDavid), my expectations are not high for tonights game.

So you're telling me that our #1 seed hopes might come down to Jordan Binnington not playing like complete ass :help:
So we're f***ed then.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
You all probably haven't been to Edmonton. There really isn't much else to do there except bitch and moan at winter being about 8 months long and how you'd rather live anywhere else. Until you remember no one else in a much nicer place is going to overpay you like mad because you live up in the middle of nowhere and do work no one else wants to do

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You all probably haven't been to Edmonton. There really isn't much else to do there except bitch and moan at winter being about 8 months long and how you'd rather live anywhere else. Until you remember no one else in a much nicer place is going to overpay you like mad because you live up in the middle of nowhere and do work no one else wants to do
@dahrougem2 @Muffin @Avs_19 We all live here haha

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
Do any of the players ever stay in co in the off-season? I’m gonna assume most players rent unless they have a family genuinely curious

Reactions: CobraAcesS

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Do any of the players ever stay in co in the off-season? I’m gonna assume most players rent unless they have a family genuinely curious
Well they live there during the year, most long term guys likely bought houses in Denver but take the offseason to go back home since it is their only chance to see family and friends.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Huge point tonight. Avs control their destiny for the #1 seed, just need to match whatever points Dallas picks up in the last two games.

Luckily both WPG and NSH aren’t playing for anything.

Assuming Vegas holds their 4-1 lead, we can't win the conference though and we would get either Seattle or LA if we win our division.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I can see the Jets upsetting Vegas in the 1st round of Hellebuyck can be the vezina caliber

Reactions: Alienblood

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I can see the Jets upsetting Vegas in the 1st round of Hellebuyck can be the vezina caliber

Yeah there's no way the Jets defense is stopping Vegas. And it looks like Hellebuyck used up all his mojo in the first half of the season.

Two games to go, we need either a Vegas win or LA getting a point which locks the Kraken in WC1 and makes them the Avs most likely first round opponent.

1681303439919.png

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I see more of a "sweep-candidate" in the Jets.
Yeah there's no way the Jets defense is stopping Vegas. And it looks like Hellebuyck used up all his mojo in the first half of the season.

Two games to go, we need either a Vegas win or LA getting a point which locks the Kraken in WC1 and makes them the Avs most likely first round opponent.

View attachment 686598
Anything can happen in the playoffs, but there is actually a good chance that Oilers win the pacific. They play at home against the Sharks while Vegas plays in Seattle. Regulation loss by Vegas and Oilers winning in any fashion, they jump ahead of Vegas because they have the tie breaker

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
With 2 games left in the season, the defending Stanley Cup champions coming off a short off-season, without their captain all year, with an insane amount of man games lost to key players, are first place in the central division.

What an amazing team effort this season has been. Led by the best coach in the league Jared Bednar. If we didn’t have the systems he’s put in place , and the trust the guys have in it, I don’t know where we’d be in the standings.

This team knows everything resets after game 82 other than seeding. It’s not about what you’ve done, it’s about what you do next. I expect them to come out flying in game 1 of playoffs.

CharlesPuck

Apr 25, 2017
Denver
Avs need any combo of two results to get the Central title. Either two wins, two losses from Dallas or any combo of 1 win and 1 Dallas loss (in regulation).

RECKLESS

Apr 23, 2019
With 2 games left in the season, the defending Stanley Cup champions coming off a short off-season, without their captain all year, with an insane amount of man games lost to key players, are first place in the central division.

What an amazing team effort this season has been. Led by the best coach in the league Jared Bednar. If we didn’t have the systems he’s put in place , and the trust the guys have in it, I don’t know where we’d be in the standings.

This team knows everything resets after game 82 other than seeding. It’s not about what you’ve done, it’s about what you do next. I expect them to come out flying in game 1 of playoffs.
Hear hear!!

I bet it gets hard to keep a high level of motivation for any ol' Wednesday regular season game after a cup run and short summer.

After the mental reset between the reg season and playoffs our boys will smell blood and put in the next gear!!

AvBuff

May 1, 2019

The DNVR guys were talking about this in the latest Podcast. In their view, the Avs - while maybe not coasting - have played the last couple of weeks with a few gallons left in the tank, knowing that their playoff position is secure and that while the latest games kinda matter . . . the real games start on 4/17.

Last night (while still at 70% manpower) the Avs turned it up a notch and damn near beat the Oil with all hands on deck - who treated this game like the Super Bowl or something..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hear hear!!

I bet it gets hard to keep a high level of motivation for any ol' Wednesday regular season game after a cup run and short summer.

After the mental reset between the reg season and playoffs our boys will smell blood and put in the next gear!!

I just hope it's there, the fatigue level of basically the entire team has to be high. Not only did injuries cause most of the roster to have to play too many minutes, or over their heads. So did the GM.

Reactions: RECKLESS

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
The DNVR guys were talking about this in the latest Podcast. In their view, the Avs - while maybe not coasting - have played the last couple of weeks with a few gallons left in the tank, knowing that their playoff position is secure and that while the latest games kinda matter . . . the real games start on 4/17.

Last night (while still at 70% manpower) the Avs turned it up a notch and damn near beat the Oil with all hands on deck - who treated this game like the Super Bowl or something..
This was especially evident in the first 10 minutes of last nights game. The Avs can play with anyone when the chips are down. I know they didn’t play the full 60 that way, but you saw the team we’re going to get come playoff time. Now inject all the talent they were missing yesterday and see what happens.

I fully believe everything changes once a core group of players wins a cup together. They get perspective on how actually difficult it is to achieve, and no matter how important regular season games may seem, it’s just another game on the schedule at the end of the day. Not to mention, everybody you face as cup champions during the regular season will be using that game as a measuring stick for their own team.

AvBuff

May 1, 2019
This was especially evident in the first 10 minutes of last nights game. The Avs can play with anyone when the chips are down. I know they didn’t play the full 60 that way, but you saw the team we’re going to get come playoff time. Now inject all the talent they were missing yesterday and see what happens.

I fully believe everything changes once a core group of players wins a cup together. They get perspective on how actually difficult it is to achieve, and no matter how important regular season games may seem, it’s just another game on the schedule at the end of the day. Not to mention, everybody you face as cup champions during the regular season will be using that game as a measuring stick for their own team.
Agree. My daughter and I were watching the game and looked at each other during the first 10 minutes and said (almost in unison) - "that's the team we haven't seen in a while".

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia

f*** yes. Gimme Makar, Lehky, Manson and f***ing Landy back and we can beat anyone.
That said, even if they come back, this year it will be no doubt tougher than last year. We will probably have to play Minnesota, Dallas and then Vegas or Oilers - 3 of these beaten us in play-offs in the past and generally are our bogey teams, even in situations, when we are stronger on paper. And then there is Oil, who improved since last year, are currently in a good form, and we will be no doubt motivated to revenge for last years sweep.

If we make somehow make it to SCF again, i will be actually impressed.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2