Pre-Game Talk: The week of the Regular Season Finale (Edm, Wpg, @Nsh)

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Division is on the line. Do we get Lehk, Manson, Makar or Helm back? Does Landeskog have the autopsy this week? Does Mikko beat Sakic’s Avs goal record or Goulet’s franchise goal record? Does Mack hit 110 points? Does Moser say something stupid at least 10 times per game?

C20A0601-B975-4977-99A7-0ED3D0CD01A1.gif

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Division is on the line. Do we get Lehk, Manson, Makar or Helm back? Does Landeskog have the autopsy this week? Does Mikko beat Sakic’s Avs goal record or Goulet’s franchise goal record? Does Mack hit 110 points? Does Moser say something stupid at least 10 times per game?

View attachment 685122
I'm gonna guess no to all of them except MacK hitting 110 and the Moser one.

Reactions: katfude

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Loser Point against McDavid's Oil-Gang and then win out for the division-title....🎉

Thats my wish. But i fear reality will hit hard this week.....

Snow Arc

We have to shout above the din of our RiceCrispies
Aug 14, 2020

View attachment 685122
Yes.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Hopefully WIN locks up their spot before this game which will give them and the Preds nothing to play for.

Unless we get some bodies back EDM feels like an auto loss and seems unlikely DAL loses to the crap teams they have left.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Can only hope we survive just being in the same building as the best two players in NHL history on Tuesday night.
I mean...we can all agree that Mikko's earned his place, but can we at least let Nate hit 40Gs before anointing him to the pinnacle of the NHL throne as well?

Reactions: dahrougem2

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Hart:

If you don’t mind a few games missed it’s worth noting that Nathan MacKinnon would rank third in GSVA per 82. He’s taken his game to another level over the last couple of months and his value per game is definitely MVP-caliber. The fact that he’s only 0.2 wins away from fourth while doing it in 10 fewer games should warrant a lot of consideration for his inclusion.

Norris:

The last of the defenders ahead of Karlsson is Cale Makar, last year’s winner. If Makar had played a full season this race wouldn’t be close as his 4.1 wins in 60 games represent a 5.6-win pace which would be a full win ahead of Fox. It would be Hart-worthy, not just Norris-worthy. Makar is a special talent, a generational defenseman that transcends the field. He’s on pace for a 90-point season while posting a defensive plus-minus of plus-29 showing that it is indeed possible to score at that level without sacrificing your entire defensive game. That Makar can do it all is why his value is so high … even after missing 20 games.

The question is whether it’s high enough with all those games missed. Personally, I don’t think it should matter (Bobby Orr won his first Norris trophy playing 46 of 74 games). Makar’s gap over every other defenseman is similar to the gap McDavid has over every other forward. It’s not close. The only thing missing 20 games does is make the Norris race seem more competitive for everyone else with Makar in the middle of it instead of on top.

That Makar is only 0.5 wins away from Fox in 20 fewer games is a reason to vote for Makar not against him. He’s putting up comparative value in 75 percent of the games, all while taking a bigger defensive load for an injury-ravaged Avalanche team. The Norris Trophy is for the best defenseman and there’s no question who that is. It’s still Makar. And if his missed games are a problem, it’s Fox.

Games played is going to cost Makar another Norris. He should be getting ready to accept his third straight right about now.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Sucks about the missed time for Cale. Even with his down season he would’ve probably walked away with another Norris tbis year as it’s been such a weak Norris year. Wouldn’t be surprised if he makes some peoples top 3 still as his down year is better than basically every other Dmans best.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Man how did they scheduling people guess this one right? If Wings win tonight then Blues are in the Bedard sweepstakes and might auto-tank.

• Haha
Reactions: niwotsblessing

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames fan here, question depends on the outcome of the current Flames game obviously, but in the hopes the Flames win we need the Jets to lose to both the Av's and Wild, my question is this: do you think/know if the Av's will be playing their full line-up in the last two games or will they sit guys? Based on the OP it seems like Makar among others are out.

Thanks for any replies!

Also you guys want Kadri back? Most Flames fans are already over him as a Flame.

Reactions: Snow Arc

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Flames fan here, question depends on the outcome of the current Flames game obviously, but in the hopes the Flames win we need the Jets to lose to both the Av's and Wild, my question is this: do you think/know if the Av's will be playing their full line-up in the last two games or will they sit guys? Based on the OP it seems like Makar among others are out.

Thanks for any replies!

Also you guys want Kadri back? Most Flames fans are already over him as a Flame.
What is a full-lineup? We haven't seen one all year. :laugh:

It is my humblest personal opinion that the Avs want first in the division so we will be playing as full a lineup as injuries will allow. Which may very well mean no Makar.

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

Thanks for any replies!

Yes, please give him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad