Pre-Game Talk: The Week of Raising the Banner and Facing an Old Friend (CHI, @CGY)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
National reporters are so high on Carolina going the distance this year... I don't get it. They're good but I don't see anything that makes them stand out over the other power houses in the East.
You don't? They are absolutely loaded at all positions. It's just that they don't have a top 15ish player, which probably makes them less spectacular that some other contenders.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Its all there for Necas. He just needs to figure it out. This is the 3rd year now that I have him on my team thinking hes going to figure it out same as Kakko.
He was making progress until last year's step back. In the shortened season he put up 41 points in 53 games... that's a 64 point pace and there were times where he was outright dominant. He actually needs to put that together though. PPG potential is there and he can be a guy to put them over the top. Also, Kotka was buried last year on that team... if he can step up into a 2C where he clearly has the ability, that goes a long, long way for Carolina.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He was making progress until last year's step back. In the shortened season he put up 41 points in 53 games... that's a 64 point pace and there were times where he was outright dominant. He actually needs to put that together though. PPG potential is there and he can be a guy to put them over the top. Also, Kotka was buried last year on that team... if he can step up into a 2C where he clearly has the ability, that goes a long, long way for Carolina.
Im a believer in Necas but I can see why some Caniacs have been down on him a bit the past season. As someone whose drafted him every year I cant say I blame them.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Lehkonen - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Nuke - Makar

I would think.

PP2 is more interesting.

Byram - Newhook - Erod
Girard - Toews

I would imagine Compher will see time on one of those units aswell.

Have they consistently been going with 3D on PP2 in pre-season/camp? Or was that just the one day in practice? I haven't been paying close enough attention.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Have they consistently been going with 3D on PP2 in pre-season/camp? Or was that just the one day in practice? I haven't been paying close enough attention.
Can't speak for what they are doing in practice now, but they used the 3D PP2 in the game against Dallas last week.

Reactions: Foppa2118

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
I'm more confident in the team going into this season than I was last season. I really think Byram/Newhook/Lehkonen are going to break out and be big difference makers.

Also hoping Mack learns to calm down a bit, which results in more playmaking.

Makar hits 105 points and wins the Norris by a landslide. Byram 5th in Norris voting.

Georgiev/Francouz manage the (small) workload without issue.

We pick up a top 6 winger at the deadline.

It's gonna be a good season
Nah I really enjoy Mack’s passion.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
anyone know what’s going on at Chop tonight? Saw the cup and the keeper and a private party

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Are we back?

1665578057505.gif

1665578087908.gif

1665578131960.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers

They started it right away during training camp and haven't changed all preseason. Probably safe to assume we see this in the regular season until at least Landy comes back.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
They started it right away during training camp and haven't changed all preseason. Probably safe to assume we see this in the regular season until at least Landy comes back.
That kind of sucks since it didn’t really work in the preseason, like at all.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
That kind of sucks since it didn’t really work in the preseason, like at all.

PP2 wasn't exactly a wealth of production before. I like the unit with three D a lot more myself, but they'll need time to find chemistry. Probably not a quick thing to develop when you only get about 45 seconds per PP when the first unit doesn't score.

Reactions: Azrael89

jimmysheva

Mar 16, 2014
I think Rangers are stronger than the Hurricanes. They have a top 2 goalie. They got Zibanejad - Trochek - Chytil down the middle. Kreider and Panarin are top Wingers. Kakko and Lafreniere will only get better. Goodrow is one of the best 3rd line forwards. They maybe just need to upgrade their LDs

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
I think Rangers are stronger than the Hurricanes. They have a top 2 goalie. They got Zibanejad - Trochek - Chytil down the middle. Kreider and Panarin are top Wingers. Kakko and Lafreniere will only get better. Goodrow is one of the best 3rd line forwards. They maybe just need to upgrade their LDs
Don't forget Fox

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I was just coming to post the same thing. Marketing strikes again!

Good to see we now have one of the generic NHL dressing rooms with the banal words on the walls

Reactions: UncleRisto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad