Pre-Game Talk: The week of 1st place, or not to 1st place

Will the Avs win the Division this week?

• Yes

Votes: 21 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Unclear

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Why is the carpet all wet, Todd?

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • IDK, Margo!

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • What's a dickfer?

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If the game was the same as it was 20+ years ago I’d see the argument for Macdermid being valuable. But depth players actually play hockey now so players like Macdermid are a major major detriment to the team. Obviously if you can get a guy like Tom Wilson thats a benefit to the team, but he’s a unicorn. Guys like Macdermid have absolutely no role in the NHL anymore.
The difference in effectiveness between MacDermid and whoever the 12th forward is on this team is extremely exaggerated on this board. It's not like our 4th line wingers contribute significantly more.

The main problem is Bednar's tendency to play him at D.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The difference in effectiveness between MacDermid and whoever the 12th forward is on this team is extremely exaggerated on this board. It's not like our 4th line wingers contribute significantly more.

This is not true. MacDermid gets killed wherever he plays. If he plays 4th line it means we effectively only have 3 lines.

This is a 4 line league. MacDermid belongs nowhere near an NHL lineup.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016

At forward at least he can be sheltered a bit. But you're still having to double shift someone else because he gets 6-7 mins a game.

No place in playoff hockey, yes.

But there's a reason that Bednar has played him lots of games this season and last season when there are objectively better hockey players scratched, no?
I mean he's played a lot this year because of the injury crisis and even then only 58 games last year, also somewhat related to injuries. He's had no choice but to play him. It's no surprise that when the games have any sort of importance to them he doesn't play or if he has to play it's under 5/6 mins a game.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If Avs lose this game I’m seriously done with this team and gonna become a Wild fan

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006

Attachments

• IMG_0761.gif
    IMG_0761.gif
    1.7 MB · Views: 1

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ha ! I could not imagine any fan turning their backs on our Championship Team ! @[B]the_fan couldn't support another team if he TRIED[/B]. AVS are in his DNA and blood. We are like the mob you see, once you're in, you're in.

If every team in the league represented a body part, the Minnesota Wild is the bum.
Specially the Wild. Imagine actually dumping the Avs and becoming a Wild fan. Felt dirty just saying it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad