TV: The Warriors could be made into a TV series(Anthony and Joe Russo)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
http://tvline.com/2016/07/05/the-warriors-1979-gang-film-hulu-series-russo-brothers/

Anthony and Joe Russo, who recently shepherded the box office blockbusters Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, aim to find out, teaming with Hulu and Paramount TV for a small-screen adaptation of The Warriors, the cult classic 1979 film about New York City gangs.

for the past ten years a reboot of the movie has been in development hell--but the Russo brothers usually get stuff donw

Riverdale

Jan 14, 2012
One of my all time favorite movies - maybe #1.

Don't want a reboot, or a remake or a TV series.

It is perfect the way it is. Leave it alone.

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Meh, nothing they will reboot or whatever will beat the original.

One of my all time favorite movies - maybe #1.

Don't want a reboot, or a remake or a TV series.

It is perfect the way it is. Leave it alone.

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the original movie will remain the same. :sarcasm:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Ugh, no thanks. It's simply way too hard for modern things to be campy without being fully cheesy and/or overly ironic. Irony and cheese can work, but I don't want this to be a full on comedy. Worse still if they went in a gritty direction.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Ugh, no thanks. It's simply way too hard for modern things to be campy without being fully cheesy and/or overly ironic. Irony and cheese can work, but I don't want this to be a full on comedy. Worse still if they went in a gritty direction.

Gritty version would be the best direction. The original should have been grittier too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad