Post-Game Talk: The Voodoo is real Jets get Buffaloed 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Our bottom 6 is composed of 3 waiver wire guys, a guy who hadn't played in the nhl for 4 years, Barron basically a throw-in piece that no one ever heard of prior to the Copp trade, and Lowry who hasn't scored in 23 games now (nice set up on the Schmidt pp goal tho)

I know we've gotten by with a great top 6 and goaltending. But it is crucial to get more skill down there at the tdl.

Dirtbag151

Feb 6, 2021
Is it just me or are we really not built to play against the east ?
It seems like our style of play gets eaten up by east division teams
(Buffalo , Washington .Toronto , Boston so far)
Hopefully we can make some adjustments and improve on this come playoff time

Reactions: kellhunter

Potential

Nov 11, 2017
The team's tired. They will be better after this gong show of this part of the schedule is over with.

We'll be fine.

Dillon really needs some serious prodding to shoot more though - he had some prime looks tonight.

Reactions: Jets 31

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Is it just me or are we really not built to play against the east ?
It seems like our style of play gets eaten up by east division teams
(Buffalo , Washington .Toronto , Boston so far)
Hopefully we can make some adjustments and improve on this come playoff time

Hard to tell if that's it with an effort like that tonight.

Reactions: Dirtbag151

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Getting a bit worried that this is yet another half season team that is about to fall apart... like well almost every season...
I think they are finally ' landing' after a good start. They are as I thought a fringe playoff team. Glad I only had one foot on the bandwagon.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Our bottom 6 is composed of 3 waiver wire guys, a guy who hadn't played in the nhl for 4 years, Barron basically a throw-in piece that no one ever heard of prior to the Copp trade, and Lowry who hasn't scored in 23 games now (nice set up on the Schmidt pp goal tho)

I know we've gotten by with a great top 6 and goaltending. But it is crucial to get more skill down there at the tdl.
desperately need to do something about the bottom six

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
They look just as bad as they looked heading into Xmas. Not trying to make excuses but the NHL needs to figure its schedule out. We've played 12 games in our last 20 days and throw in a 5 game road trip where the team is traveling every other day into it. Is the NHL's goal to ice entertaining games or have teams play themselves into the ground in some of these stretches.

Anyhow the team top down wasn't good so not much needs to be said.

Our PP needs an overall as the current formation has staled the last number of games.

Anyhow I expect the team be recharged and back playing good hockey after the break. Much like how they looked after Xmas stoppage.

Four of your f***ing defenseman at the bottom of the list for defensive impact. Are you f***ing kidding me?View attachment 642329

Our D was the major issue tonight and it started with horrendous breakouts up the boards into double coverage all game. No adapting and going up the middle or to the other side.

JonS

Oct 14, 2021
Soft as Charmin TP. Going to need better play than that if they don't want to be sellers at the TDL.

Reactions: sipowicz

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
They look just as bad as they looked heading into Xmas. Not trying to make excuses but the NHL needs to figure its schedule out. We've played 12 games in our last 20 days and throw in a 5 game road trip where the team is traveling every other day into it. Is the NHL's goal to ice entertaining games or have teams play themselves into the ground in some of these stretches.

Every team is in the same boat. This was the Sabres 12th game in19 days and 4th game in a 6 day roadtrip including a stop on the west coast. They did not look tired. The other team should not look that much better than you when you've had a similar schedule load lately.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
Every team is in the same boat. This was the Sabres 12th game in19 days and 4th game in a 6 day roadtrip including a stop on the west coast. They did not look tired. The other team should not look that much better than you when you've had a similar schedule load lately.
yes and every team goes through stretches of bad play(other then the bruins), we did the same thing earlier to the penguins that buffalo did to us tonight, heck buffalo had an 8 gaming losing streak including losses to the coyotes sens and canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad