The Vancouver Media Thread | Part VIII

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
For all people find Tomlinson to be kind of meh, he deadpanned one of the funniest lines I've heard in a while last night.

He referred to Shorthouse as a former goaltender, to which Shorty laughed and said something like "I guess you must have been at the Kerrisdale Jamboree of 1978", and Tomlinson unflinchingly goes "Heard about it."

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Who was that local realtor that put that garbage about her to quit her job and be on onlyfans? Let’s put that fool on blast.
There’s been a local guy online for a decade who picks random asian names (fake or real) and tweets horrific shit. Mostly about homeless people.

That wasn’t actually the realtor. It was that troll using his name as a front

For all people find Tomlinson to be kind of meh, he deadpanned one of the funniest lines I've heard in a while last night.

He referred to Shorthouse as a former goaltender, to which Shorty laughed and said something like "I guess you must have been at the Kerrisdale Jamboree of 1978", and Tomlinson unflinchingly goes "Heard about it."
Tomlinson has been fine. I genuinely believe Shorthouse was mad about Garrett being let go and was making it hard on DT early.

After the first month or so, the chemistry started to improve.

Obviously still not Cheech and is inferior to Ferraro but yeah

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
There’s been a local guy online for a decade who picks random asian names (fake or real) and tweets horrific shit. Mostly about homeless people.

That wasn’t actually the realtor. It was that troll using his name as a front

That makes a lot of sense... there was a terrible twitter user a while back who would post the weirdest shit, racist covid theories etc. Had the name of a Vancouver realtor and I always wondered how he stayed in business or kept clients. Probably the same guy.

(Or actually a terrible person who's career ended because of his online presence. )

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Brough being so hung up on the phrase “trying to sign” makes me laugh.

If anyone wants a laugh themselves;
I highly suggest looking at the community tab of Sekeres/Price on their YouTube channel. The way they reply to some of the comments isn’t helping them grow an audience. Yikes.

Last edited:

lawrence

May 19, 2012

I originally said I won't post 2011 videos as that run still gives me ptsd.

I watched by myself and I ended up watching the entire thing because...

i have no words... they were just that good. If you ask me, the 2011 team would have destroyed the new york rangers and the 94 Canucks in a best of 7.

well anyways, here's a tribute to the 2011 team. It's only fair if the 82 and 94 got their highlites posted, so does the 2011.

enjoy.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

Look at all these old bois coming out of their cave now

Rob Simpson seems completely insufferable. MacEwen has problems with others in the local media (mostly Sekeres and Price) but I’d also probably mess with Simpson if I could. Other members of the local media don’t like him either.

Reactions: rypper

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Whether I like Simpson or not they should tell him what he violated in the rules. Otherwise there's no reason to believe it isn't strictly personal or the team silencing a guy they don't like in the media. You should welcome as many reporters as want to cover the team, more eyes - even critical ones - isn't a bad thing in the big picture, provided they are honest brokers.

I've never been a fan of his but that is some BS there.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
cmac is obviously a questionable person but simpson’s two articles on this have been awful. just way too much woe is me and unnecessary put downs of other smaller local journalists that make me have zero sympathy for him

there’s a way he could have approached this that would have painted him favourably but he chose to be a moron so he’s no better than the guy he’s going after

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Brough being so hung up on the phrase “trying to sign” makes me laugh.

If anyone wants a laugh themselves;
I highly suggest looking at the community tab of Sekeres/Price on their YouTube channel. The way they reply to some of the comments isn’t helping them grow an audience. Yikes.
Have not followed local media for a while. Not since like June 2022 when I stopped driving to work. I know about the layoffs at SN and it's down to a skeleton. S&P doing their online thing but I don't follow them. No clue how they are doing. See the YT clips of D&D.

It's a rough market out here given that it's pretty much all Canucks, very little Lions, Whitecaps, Van Giants.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
This seems like Batch clapping back at Simpson a bit.

Batch is being a p***y. Saying something but nothing at the same time.

(Ironically is he afraid of the consequences of saying something someone doesn’t like? Because media should ever be afraid to say what they think the truth is)

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Twitter beef is useless, just calling out bullshit cause they mad at someone.

Hey, lets do it old school 90's style when we had asian gangsters go on local news calling out beef.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

I swear, if he hasn’t cost them actual dollars and cap space, Dhaliwal has at least cost them grief in negotiations. He’s such a shill for agents.

Reactions: racerjoe

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I swear, if he hasn’t cost them actual dollars and cap space, Dhaliwal has at least cost them grief in negotiations. He’s such a shill for agents.

That's his only source. Agents use him cause he has a platform and they can get their message out.

Vancouver with Petey, Hughes, Miller, Demko have to make some hard decisions on how to fill in the balance of the roster. Who else gets well paid and where do they have to find some deals on. Reality of the business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad