Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Drance’s lunch hour today was really good

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
iMac has so much charisma all of sudden, did you guys hear him on the 650 post game show ?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

If anyone is interested.

Every goal the canucks scored in the 82 playoffs.

What always gets me about old time hockey is the nonchalant attitude towards defending.

I know a lot of D-men back then were not great in terms or skill or skating but still lol

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003

If anyone is interested.

Every goal the canucks scored in the 82 playoffs.

It's amazing how 90%+ of the shots are less than 6 inches off the ice. Of course, using old wooden logs for sticks didn't help. Completely not surprising that goaltending has been the most transformed position over the decades.

THRILLHOIAF

Jul 26, 2019
Kate literally working around the clock for Canucks' socials and media team. post-game interviews, on-ice interviews, porting video to socials, content with the dads on the trip, pre-game previews at home and away rinks...she's legit the backbone of the Canucks' online presence right now.

You need to reassess your priorities in life if you say any of that shit to someone doing their job for your favouritest sports team.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
It's amazing how 90%+ of the shots are less than 6 inches off the ice. Of course, using old wooden logs for sticks didn't help. Completely not surprising that goaltending has been the most transformed position over the decades.
Those highlights are also a reminder that the Canucks of that era had some serious skill down the middle, with Gradin (my all-time favourite Canuck), Boldirev, and the legendary Hlinka. (Even if they couldn't lift the puck!)

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
Those highlights are also a reminder that the Canucks of that era had some serious skill down the middle, with Gradin (my all-time favourite Canuck), Boldirev, and the legendary Hlinka. (Even if they couldn't lift the puck!)
Gradin was certainly my favorite of that era. So smooth.

• Love
Reactions: Lindgren

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
The way his game contrasted yet meshed with Smyl and Fraser ... what a line.
Smyl's energy and grit are legendary and his legacy has been established by his long term association with the team. I don't think many remember how good a player Fraser was and how tough he was. They were a great combination with Gradin.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020

Of course I was gonna post all goals from the 94 run.

And no, im not doing the 2011. I still have ptsd from that run.

THAT was Vancouver's Stanley Cup team.

Did you see their STAPLES? Folks might think the goal tending was sub par, guess what, even with the smaller equipment the top ten goalies would be in the top 12 now - .911 to .930 sv% that year.

Great hockey, did you see how many players "fought" through checks? How many would have had penalties for hooking, interference, late hits.

That year's team was built by Quinn in 3.5 years.
It was the largest team in the league, Rangers the 3rd largest.

Much of a difference in PP's? They used defencemen but for the most part the same.

So much overall skill, not like this team that has Grunts with limited requirements and skill levels suppressed by the system.

Easily the best Canuck team even though the 2010/2011 team lead the league in ALL categories with one exception of being 2nd in PK. Again that team should have won the cup, but they were not as talented as the 94 team. That 94 team was robbed by the league. That NYR win gave enough PR for the league to expand numerous teams, it was not just good for the league, it ended up being vital at the time.

I would rank the two teams as #1 and #2 best ever Canuck teams with Quinn and Gillis the two best GM's to date.

got all that year on vhs

Smyl's energy and grit are legendary and his legacy has been established by his long term association with the team. I don't think many remember how good a player Fraser was and how tough he was. They were a great combination with Gradin.
I remember Fraser, his fist went from the top of my forehead to my chin. Huge hands. :D

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That was my favourite Canucks team and my favourite playoff run.

The story of Neil Belland, Andy Schliebner, and Anders Eldebrink has never really been given its due. (And I thought those guys were going to anchor a cup contender for another decade!)

Eldebrink should have been. Probably the most poorly-handled player in franchise history. Swedes consider him to be one of their greatest defenders ever.

• Wow
Reactions: Lindgren

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
iMac has so much charisma all of sudden, did you guys hear him on the 650 post game show ?

He’s finally been lifted of the curse of being the outsourced PR department* for a losing hockey team.

* Thanks in part by choosing poorly in a philosophical difference between the GM and the once-revered Canuck of all Canucks who you said was the President of Hockey Ops but was really just a huge PR gambit turned spokesman. Oh and who do we here made this wise decision? Some old-ass Jabroni who probably looks like this:

Attachments

• IMG_1740.png
    IMG_1740.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad