The Utica Comets Thread | Part XXX | [mod warning post #855]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
[/B]

Man, those are a pretty "iffy" sets of d-pairings.....Comet goaltenders are going to get pelted with rubber this year....they must be on the lookout for veteran d-help....makes the loss of Corrado on waivers even more painful.:help:

Glad to see more people are catching on to what I've been saying since Sanguinetti signed with Buffalo and Huskins didn't come back. Fedun wasn't nearly enough. They need another veteran D-man of high quality to balance this act out. Pedan, Subban, and McEneny each paired with a vet. Ehrhardt nor Negrin is him.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Glad to see more people are catching on to what I've been saying since Sanguinetti signed with Buffalo and Huskins didn't come back. Fedun wasn't nearly enough. They need another veteran D-man of high quality to balance this act out. Pedan, Subban, and McEneny each paired with a vet. Ehrhardt nor Negrin is him.

I'd guess they had Hutton in their plans going into camps. Not a vet but certainly high quality.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I'd guess they had Hutton in their plans going into camps. Not a vet but certainly high quality.

Considering that they thought he wasn't good enough to play last season I very much doubt that they had him written in as a big part of this defense. Probably similar to Subban. Defense was clearly going to be a weak point with so many inexperienced players back there.

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Fedun/Negrin has been the pairing in the first two games. Whether or not you see it tomorrow isn't up to me. They were together in practice.

The Shink/Vey/Jensen line skated together today. Will that be a line tomorrow? I don't make out the lineup.

There will be line changes. It almost has to be. The lines in games 1&2 produced nada. Green will keep mixing and matching until something clicks. He had lines that could take care of themselves and got no production. Goals win games and he has to get someone going and preferably a lot more than one. I wouldn't sweat any combinations until we see them for 5 or 6 games in a row. That's when we'll know that line has been settled.

Game day!!!!! Should be a nice pre game ceremony with the banner raising. Green is not afraid to change line mates if something is not working. Just gotta keep trying different combinations untill something clicks. Even in today's paper green comments that" there are enough good forwards that should be able to score."

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Game day!!!!! Should be a nice pre game ceremony with the banner raising. Green is not afraid to change line mates if something is not working. Just gotta keep trying different combinations untill something clicks. Even in today's paper green comments that" there are enough good forwards that should be able to score."

I agree with you, but you must remember Green has said this every year when they weren't scoring. Sometimes you have to recognize a lack when it's obvious. There are no pure scorers on this team. Unless the committee gets all their ***** in gear this team is going to be behind a big eight-ball real quick.

They can't afford a start like two years ago before management gets on the stick.

I realize it's too early to get in a serious panic, but the bitter taste of year one is still present in spite of the sweet year two.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
replace Bartkowski with Sanguinetti please :D

Wow!...if Sanguinetti can't help the Sabres blueline is there much chance he'd be an upgrade in Vancouver?.....would love to see him back with the Comets though, but guessing he's Rochester bound.

mjb112090

Oct 23, 2010
I've seen a few people trying to sell tickets for Friday and Saturday but not for tonight. Just people looking to buy.

Just checked as well. Nothing being sold for the game tonight. If anyone is trying to sell some last minute please let me know.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Wow!...if Sanguinetti can't help the Sabres blueline is there much chance he'd be an upgrade in Vancouver?.....would love to see him back with the Comets though, but guessing he's Rochester bound.

Yeah, no doubt. If no NHL team claims him, he'll be in Rochester. He has been injured during the past few(?) weeks.

Here's your chance Jimbo, a PMD who can also play in his own zone. Also not likely.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Well Comets fans near and far it's finally here, opening night!!!!!!

New players will be introduced to the fans in more way than one! The Aud will be packed and raucous (or I don't know our fans)! New players will be introduced to the fans in more way than one! Banners will be raised! The first hockey game since last years game 5 loss to Manchester in the month of June. It was warmer for the last game than it will be tonight. Hoping for a real exciting game from the boys.

Tonight will be a special night no matter the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad