The Underrated Player Thread

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
EICHEL (as far as media goes) no one ever talks about him when mentioning elite talents when he is one.

Pavelski
Pacioretty
Carter
KOivu
Kessel
WEber (should have a norris)
Sekera
Granlund (both)
MCCabe
JT MILLER
CHris Kreider
PAcioretty

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
From the Rangers, Kevin Hayes. Everyone always talks about Miller and Kreider (rightfully so) but Hayes receives very little attention. On pace for 65 points this year. Players not from my team that are underrated, Stephen Johns, Nino, Coyle (although people are starting to notice him more this season), Krug, Sekera, and Horvat to name a few.

Hayes doesn't get the same attention because he's awful outside of odd man rushes whereas Miller is solid and Kreider is great in all three zones.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Can't believe I'm saying this, but Radulov is a beaut and doesn't get enough credit. Until the Sabres game against them where he was beasting the puck on the boards and setting up Patches nearly every shift, I never really even thought about him. I've been paying attention since, and he's impressed the hell out of me.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Jonathan huberdeau.. u serrated playmaker... he's set to go off for the next few years I'm talking minimum 60 points but probably in the 70s a couple times

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Alex Steen

Surprised to see him repping a 0.83PPG the past four years, good for 24th in the league with players >100GP. That combined with his good defense, but I barely read about him.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Alex Steen

Surprised to see him repping a 0.83PPG the past four years, good for 24th in the league with players >100GP. That combined with his good defense, but I barely read about him.

Yeah good call. So underrated he barely gets mentioned in underrated threads.

BrockBoeser6

Dec 28, 2013
Vancouver
Bo Horvat, obviously canucks fans are high on him but it feels like no matter how well he plays he won't get the recognition he deserves because he's a Canuck and what he was traded for.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Bo Horvat, obviously canucks fans are high on him but it feels like no matter how well he plays he won't get the recognition he deserves because he's a Canuck and what he was traded for.

He's looked at these days as the Canucks so I wouldn't say he's underrated.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
From Calgary it would have to be Backlund. If it wasn't for some Flames fans posting about him all the time would be surprised if anyone outside Calgary knew who he was.

DanyHeatley

Dec 6, 2016
Sidney Crosby
Patrick Kane
Alex Ovechkin
Brent Burns
Erik Karlsson
Carey Price
Devan Dubnyk

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Alex Steen

Agreed. Steen is awesome, good mention.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Haven't seen Blake Wheeler mentioned.

Last three seasons he averaged ~70 points each. He's on pace for 65 or so this year.

Skates well for a 6'5" guy, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad