Player Discussion The Underrated Brock Boeser

Quinntessential

Mar 25, 2013
So I’m gonna pump my own tires by quoting a post I made in response to one about trading Boeser from 14 months ago:

“I have the opposite opinion. I don’t think he needs a fresh start, I think he needs the organization who believed in him and cared about him when he was on top of the world to show him the same love and belief in him throughout his difficult times.”

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
I called him out after game one and Boes has been incredible since then. Thank you for making me eat shit on that one. Boeser was freaking spectacular last night, recording a hat trick and being Mr Clutch in the dying seconds of the game. Unbelievable, I haven't yelled, jumped and high fived like that in excitement for a very long time. While our other stars cupboards were empty, Boes found another way to raise his game to another level.

Heck of a season he's had, and one hell of a playoffs.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
I've flamed Boeser on his play for quite awhile but that game last night may have been his best game of career, this year for sure.

He played engaged hockey, body contact, puck possession and shooting. He doubled his shot attempts for the playoffs last night and had the puck, possessed, by 5 times, measured in minutes instead of seconds.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

TomWillander1RD

Jul 21, 2004
I've been hard on him in the past few seasons, and prior to this season, I posted that people here should stop making excuses for Boeser, and instead he needs to start producing to honor his late father. Today, I believe someone above would be smiling.

Last night's game was undoubtedly the craziest Canucks game I've ever witnessed (boosted by the hitting the post on the empty net), and it's possible we'll never see him repeating such a heroic performance. Hope he can sustain his effectiveness throughout the rest of the playoffs.

• Love
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I called him out after game one and Boes has been incredible since then. Thank you for making me eat shit on that one. Boeser was freaking spectacular last night, recording a hat trick and being Mr Clutch in the dying seconds of the game. Unbelievable, I haven't yelled, jumped and high fived like that in excitement for a very long time. While our other stars cupboards were empty, Boes found another way to raise his game to another level.

Heck of a season he's had, and one hell of a playoffs.
He played really well in game 1, just not in a goal-scoring way.

Yesterday, the puck came to him three times with Nashville's goalie and defence out of position. Suddenly, "jeez, he's playing great."

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Really happy for Boeser.

He played really well in game 1, just not in a goal-scoring way.

Yesterday, the puck came to him three times with Nashville's goalie and defence out of position. Suddenly, "jeez, he's playing great."

The goals he scored (especially the game tying ones) in Game 4 aren't goals that would have been scored by a 20+ goal scorer. Credit to Boeser, his goals have come in tight and he came up big.

We're not paying Boeser ~$11M or more. He shouldn't be expected to take over games. We're paying him to score goals and he has found a way to score.

Reactions: geebster

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Boeser haters in this thread looking real silly right now.
Just because a poster doesn't like the way a player plays the game or his previous attitude about wanting to be traded doesn't eliminate him from criticism. He had a good game, great by his standards.
44 goals in 85 games on the season thus far.

Edit:
To add in his previous 2 seasons: 145 games and 41 goals
Some posters think this is good but it shows just how much playing with the best players on the team for most of his points makes a difference.

He had a great game, now he needs another.

Those last two goals last game came with the Canucks having 3 players around the crease blocking Pred players away from the rebounds, essentially a 3 on 2 down low or reverse boxing out, boxing out in the offensive zone. Their system will allow this to happen because they play a very strict positional system.

I can say he had a great game, pivotal in that game but still have reservations about his overall reliance on Miller, Hughes and Pettersson on the PP. Now lets see him block a shot :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: Ace of Hades

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig