Speculation: The underdogs could entertain

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think you want to wish for any opponent. You know why? Because it means they are mentally preparing for something to be easier. Mentally preparing for what's ahead, than what's in front of them. That's the last thing they need. Let everything fall into place, and prepare for step one.

Right now the focus needs to be, MAKE the playoffs. Before we worry about any 1st round opponents.

I actually think this might be the one advantage they would have against the habs if they make the playoffs and face them in the first round.

The Habs beats us and beat us without much effort in all 4 meetings this season. They would be heavy favorites and perhaps come into the first round thinking the playoffs will have a similar result. Over confidence has beaten many a team and it is very possible the Habs might play us as if they don't have to worry. I think over confidence is why we almost allowed the Leafs to beat us in 2013 and only be sheer will power and Bergeron's two goals did we win that series.

David Krejci*

They can beat anyone in the East besides Montreal. Their defense will be their ultimate undoing. Good thing you got those 2 second rounders for Boychuk though, instead of letting him play out the year and giving yourself at least a chance at the Cup.

Stop comparing this team to the LA Kings in 2012, you're just making yourselves look so, so stupid.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I don't think you want to wish for any opponent. You know why? Because it means they are mentally preparing for something to be easier. Mentally preparing for what's ahead, than what's in front of them. That's the last thing they need. Let everything fall into place, and prepare for step one.

Right now the focus needs to be, MAKE the playoffs. Before we worry about any 1st round opponents.

But I was just hoping, not the players :laugh:

I want us to have a strong 1st round and build confidence and then battle against the habs.

roll4lines

Apr 24, 2014
CNY
The bruins have been on everyones radar for half the decade, I'd like to think we have slipped under it like a B-1 Lancer and have the potential of doing damage in the playoffs if we can stay in and continue to get healthy.

Even with connolly and krejci missing this team seems to be re-engergized with pasta and spoons. I worry what will happen to spoon once krejci returns though.

On a different note I am really surprised at what talbot has brought to the 4th line and feel that has been a big contribution too. paille seems back to his old self, even outside of the goals he has scored. he's much quicker on and off the puck since talbot got here.

They have been much more entertaining the past couple weeks, thats for sure!

Last edited:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Wasn't comparing the team to the '12 Kings. Merely brought up them up to show that all you have to do is get in.

I don't agree with that, it's not enough to just get in as far as a team like the Kings winning a cup, you have to also be playing well...which thankfully the Bruins are. Need to keep it up though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad