The Ultimate General Manager's Draft

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
jcorb Boyd is already picked by me

And I only have 4 spares so it goes up to me with only 1 pick, so jcorb goes than the others up to robbiezyg and then me and the draft is done

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
being how i was trying to steal one of sen spezs guys:naughty:

montreal will now select center m frolik

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
Vancouver selects D Jaroslav Spacek and will drop Jonathan Ericsson to the bench. Dallas is up.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
dallas is proud to select forward patrick eaves as a spare. im on my cell toronto is up can someone pm him.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
lol i think you are the only one that has 5 so far

edit: i have a question.. why was whitney aloud to be on his bench when his cap hit is 4 mil?

Last edited:

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
lol i think you are the only one that has 5 so far

edit: i have a question.. why was whitney aloud to be on his bench when his cap hit is 4 mil?

because he is injured, when he gets better Angelo can "call him up" and put one player as a spare

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
OK guys here's why i did it in the regular season like i said eaerlier once your tired of your player you cannot just send him to your bench if he is more than 1.5m so since gonchar is injured he obviously wouldnt have been in the lineup which leaves one place the bench im sorry if this upset people but he really had no chooice no one would trade for him and he couldnt sit the bench and he cant be in the lineup seeing as he's injured, also there were a few pick changes if i remember correctly last night and he was not one of the poeple doing it, so it wwasnt really fair...so as you see he really had his hands time ..gonchars to expensive for the bench, cant play, and no one would trade for him so he had to drop him plain and simple...so sorry once again if it upset people but it had to be done.

we need to get one rule for all of this.. people are all on different pages and it is actually getting annoying. ALL of my guys over 1.5 are in my lineup and NOT ON MY BENCH. this is how I understood the rules regardless of injury..

Gonchar's cap hit is 5 mil while whitney's is 4.. dont think whitney should have a different set of rules attached.

TBLbrian

Mar 5, 2008
NC
we need to get one rule for all of this.. people are all on different pages and it is actually getting annoying. ALL of my guys over 1.5 are in my lineup and NOT ON MY BENCH. this is how I understood the rules regardless of injury..

Gonchar's cap hit is 5 mil while whitney's is 4.. dont think whitney should have a different set of rules attached.

its my understanding people only had a problem with the Gonchar pick because he wanted to change it because he is injured. The whole point of having spares so when a player gets hurt you can put someone in there place. So by drafting Whitney he goes right into Angelo's lineup when he is healthy again.

for example if on my team Marian Hossa got hurt (i hope not) then i would put one of my spares in his place until he got healthy and then put him back.

am i wrong?

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
yeah your right but everyone should be on the same page this sounds like a broken record ive said it like 3 timeslol

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
in the message i quoted it states that gonchar is too expensive to be on the bench even though he is injured because his cap hit is over 1.5 mil... did we change this to include injuries?

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
The way I see it is this:

If a player is injured like Gonchar he can be put on the bench and any of the spares (1.5M) or less can replace him.

Once the injury is over, Gonchar goes back and the spare goes back on the bench...

doesn't seem too complicated to me.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
oh ok so it was changed to allow injured people to go on the bench while over the 1.5 million cap.. thats all i needed to know. because according to that blurb i quoted, it says gonchar is too expensive to be put on the bench.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
The way I see it is this:

If a player is injured like Gonchar he can be put on the bench and any of the spares (1.5M) or less can replace him.

Once the injury is over, Gonchar goes back and the spare goes back on the bench...

doesn't seem too complicated to me.

and i believe we are doing a waiver wire for the guys sent back to the bench weve just got to figure out how we're gunna do it bc some people may be keeping younger blossimgfmpicks on the bench and this will make them not want to put those younger players in bc they wont want to lose them on the wire.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
and i believe we are doing a waiver wire for the guys sent back to the bench weve just got to figure out how we're gunna do it bc some people may be keeping younger blossimgfmpicks on the bench and this will make them not want to put those younger players in bc they wont want to lose them on the wire.

i think the waiver wire is going to piss off a lot of people... think about it.. the reason why u draft is to build your bench and more importanly your roster.. if a prominent player gets injured and you have to call one of your cornerstone rookies to help alleviate the damage.. then your injured player gets healthy and u have to send your rookie through the waiver wire and anyone has the right to pick them up... think about it.. joe thornton gets injured then turris comes up then thornton gets healthy again and now turris is up for grabs..to me the draft is useless then.. theres no point drafting bench players when they can easily get picked up if you have injury and injuries is not something we all planned.. why punish teams when injury occurs.. and trust me theres going to be a lot of injuries.. also it saves the moderators of this draft from work.. could you imagine how much work we'd have to update if this was the case.. i think the point of the waiver wire is to help the bottom feeders get a chance on a player that another team has given up on or a rookie that no one has drafted or an injured player that a gm has carelessly dropped.. if we had a farm then i would def understand this concept but trust me.. theres going to be a lot of gms pissed when bogosian or doughty are claimed simply because they had an injury and had to play them because they a gonchar or chara is injured.. all players mentioned are just merely examples.

agent2421

Feb 3, 2008
Ottawa
That's why only players above 1.5M should go on waivers, not rookies like Turris.

If Thornton get's injured, Turris goes up, Thornton is healthy and Turris goes back to farm team.

This would be different however:

Zetterberg is injured, Vermette goes up, Zetterberg is healthy and Vermette goes down?

He shouldn't go down, he's a proven player in the NHL so he should go on waivers.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
That's why only players above 1.5M should go on waivers, not rookies like Turris.

If Thornton get's injured, Turris goes up, Thornton is healthy and Turris goes back to farm team.

This would be different however:

Zetterberg is injured, Vermette goes up, Zetterberg is healthy and Vermette goes down?

He shouldn't go down, he's a proven player in the NHL so he should go on waivers.

So essentially, players that salaries that upward 1.5M are subjected to go through the waiver wires and for players beloew the 1.5M will directly head to the bench. Good Rule. Im enforcing these rules.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
So essentially, players that salaries that upward 1.5M are subjected to go through the waiver wires and for players beloew the 1.5M will directly head to the bench. Good Rule. Im enforcing these rules.

But we wont have any bench players above 1.5 so this is a moot point. Any bench player that is an injury replacement is below 1.5 anyways and can not be claimed. The differance would be if we sign a free agent to replace a roster player, if the player we are replacing is above 1.5 than he is subject to waivers and can be claimed.

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
But we wont have any bench players above 1.5 so this is a moot point. Any bench player that is an injury replacement is below 1.5 anyways and can not be claimed. The differance would be if we sign a free agent to replace a roster player, if the player we are replacing is above 1.5 than he is subject to waivers and can be claimed.

I dont think you fully understand what was being said. It is a little confusing so i'll try to make it easier to comprehend. If we dont implement the 1.5M cap rule then any player making 1M or 7M will be subjected for a waiver pick up. However, if we do implement the 1.5M cap rule for bench changes, then we are allowing teams to keep their rookies while not being subjected to the waiver wire thus not allowing any other gms to take any rookies. For example, to make it perfectly clear, If Thornton gets injured and you have Oshie on the bench, a smart manager would then sub Oshie for Thornton, but the minute Thornton becomes healthy, the rule indicates that that you cant have Thornton sitting in the bench thus sending Oshie to the waiver wire. If we implement the 1.5M cap rule, we allow Oshie to go back to the bench unclaimed. GM's drafted rookies early in the round for a reason, to tell them otherwise would award gms that took a flyer on rookies later in the draft and therefore would give them the advantage. I'm just trying to make it as fair as possible.

If if the player has a current salary that exceeds the 1.5M cap then its fair game.

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
I dont think you fully understand what was being said. It is a little confusing so i'll try to make it easier to comprehend. If we dont implement the 1.5M cap rule then any player making 1M or 7M will be subjected for a waiver pick up. However, if we do implement the 1.5M cap rule for bench changes, then we are allowing teams to keep their rookies while not being subjected to the waiver wire thus not allowing any other gms to take any rookies. For example, to make it perfectly clear, If Thornton gets injured and you have Oshie on the bench, a smart manager would then sub Oshie for Thornton, but the minute Thornton becomes healthy, the rule indicates that that you cant have Thornton sitting in the bench thus sending Oshie to the waiver wire. If we implement the 1.5M cap rule, we allow Oshie to go back to the bench unclaimed. GM's drafted rookies early in the round for a reason, to tell them otherwise would award gms that took a flyer on rookies later in the draft and therefore would give them the advantage. I'm just trying to make it as fair as possible.

If if the player has a current salary that exceeds the 1.5M cap then its fair game.

I guess what i am not understanding is if we only have, as the rule states replacement (bench) players under 1.5 million. Then we will never have to worry about sending them back to the bench after the injured roster player is back. Why would we be needing to send a higher than 1.5 player to the bench? What am i missing that you are trying to point out? What happens if one of our bench players like Zajac gets a new contract from NJ that is over 1.5 is that when i might lose him if he is done his injury replacement and needs to go back to the bench?

Angelo25

Jun 2, 2007
I guess what i am not understanding is if we only have, as the rule states replacement (bench) players under 1.5 million. Then we will never have to worry about sending them back to the bench after the injured roster player is back. Why would we be needing to send a higher than 1.5 player to the bench? What am i missing that you are trying to point out? What happens if one of our bench players like Zajac gets a new contract from NJ that is over 1.5 is that when i might lose him if he is done his injury replacement and needs to go back to the bench?

To my understanding, once the injured player becomes healthy again, the replacement player is subjected to a waiver wire pick up without the 1.5M cap rule in effect. What im trying to implement is that for our rookies who are making 1.5M cap remain with their respective team. Do note, that once a player becomes injured and is placed in the IR list, the player does not count toward the roster. Meaning that that the injured player can be and must be replaced by an undrafted player off waivers or someone from your bench. It's important to understand that more than anything we only count the points that a player gives you once he is inserted into your roster. Once he is traded or benched, that player no longer contributes his points to your team. In return, we want to if anything award teams that go through injury rather than hinder their progress.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad