The Tyler Arnason Trophy: Avs LVP

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The Tyler Arnason Trophy: Avs LVP

Who do you think deserves it?

I guess it depends on where you want to go with it, least valuable is probably Guenin or Wagner. Someone who played very little or not at all.

Worst player with the most negative impact, that's probably Holden followed closely by Mitchell.

Nothing beats Holden averaging almost 22 minutes a night over the course of the season to me.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The obvious one is Nick Holden because he is terrible. But I'm going to vote for John Mitchell. Such little effort, so many lazy penalties and having almost no impact despite being given chance after chance to do something for this team.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
The obvious one is Nick Holden because he is terrible. But I'm going to vote for John Mitchell. Such little effort, so many lazy penalties and having almost no impact despite being given chance after chance to do something for this team.

He did also get too much ice time far too often, but down the stretch MacK was out of the lineup.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
What are the qualifications...minimum games played, currently on the roster, etc.

Also, are we talking least positive impact, or most negative impact? And is it relative to salary and/or role? Or expectations?

So many possibilities. Need some clarifications on what I am nominating for before I piss (more than?) half of you off.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Is the award for least effective or most harmful? Huge difference between the two.

Least effective would be between Agz, Rantanen and guys like that. Most harmful is Nick Holden and there's nobody close.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Is the award for least effective or most harmful? Huge difference between the two.

Least effective would be between Agz, Rantanen and guys like that. Most harmful is Nick Holden and there's nobody close.

Or person that was the farthest from meeting expectations?

If that's the parameter, I'd vote Johnson. Didn't fell like he was the #1 dman.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Or person that was the farthest from meeting expectations?

If that's the parameter, I'd vote Johnson. Didn't fell like he was the #1 dman.

Definitely lots of deserving recipients of that one. Mine would go to Varlamov.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Roy

too short message

Could replace Mitchell's name with Mcloed and it still works 100%.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Mitchell, for getting scads of ice time and doing nothing with it. He is seriously the laziest and least skilled forward on this team, and I hope they replace him with somebody cheaper to be our fourth line center in the offseason.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I feel bad giving it to Holden or Mitchell. They are good players for what they are. It's not their fault they are being thrown into roles they shouldn't be playing.

If we are giving it to somehow who brought the least when they were honestly expected to give more....I donno. Mackinnon? Time for the kid to step up.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I feel bad giving it to Holden or Mitchell. They are good players for what they are. It's not their fault they are being thrown into roles they shouldn't be playing.

If we are giving it to somehow who brought the least when they were honestly expected to give more....I donno. Mackinnon? Time for the kid to step up.

Yeah even Holden and Mitchell had their moments. Not ideal players but they were useful at some points throughout the year.
Mcleod..eh you can argue really did very little. I mean for all his toughness, leadership and what not id rather have someone else be there.
So for me it has to be a tie between Tanguay and Bodnarchuk or Gelinas.

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I guess there's a big difference between least valuable and most underperforming. I think LVP is no doubt Gelinas but it's hard to put that on him based on what happened. LVP among the regulars could be McLoed, Tanguay, Marty

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I guess the LVP should be a guy thats
1)played at least half the year
2)if you removed him from the lineup it would actually have helped the team
3)or not mattered at all.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Yeah even Holden and Mitchell had their moments. Not ideal players but they were useful at some points throughout the year.
Mcleod..eh you can argue really did very little. I mean for all his toughness, leadership and what not id rather have someone else be there.
So for me it has to be a tie between Tanguay and Bodnarchuk or Gelinas.

Mitchell had his moments? I'm sorry, when?

Especially if we're going by your criteria.

Spender

Feb 16, 2013
Växjö
McLeod. The last few seasons he's had like 5 games every season where he actually does anything useful, rest of the time he just takes dumb penalties and hogs a position on the roster.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Mitchell had his moments? I'm sorry, when?

Especially if we're going by your criteria.

Beginning of the year primarily, when he was C the 4th line with Skille and Cody
And then playing W on Soda's line when he was struggling mightily.
Centering a line with Dutch on the line or Iggy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad