The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part II [World Cup Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Yeah, but that was my point. They've been so legit all of the way here, that I forgive them some hypocrisy and whining now that they've gone out. Especially cause it's not like they were any worse than y'all.

My point was they never had a reason to act like this until they played the Argies. True character is revealed in defeat.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
Cole is still good. Not as good as he once was, but I'd still put him in the top-10 or so Left fullbacks in the Premier League. Maybe even top-5.

And I heard rumors about Rabiot. Any more news on that front with Roma?

Ya apparently Juve, Inter and Roma are all after him. His contract runs out next year and he doesnt want to re-sign with PSG because he knows he wont get playing time. Roma and P$G have a good relationship so we'll see what happens. Apparently Garcia is trying to convince Rabiot to join us.

Hes kind of surplus to requirements right now but hes one for the future. Roma have a deep and talented pool of midfielders right now.

De Rossi
Pjanic
Strootman
Naingollan
Keita
Ucan
Paredes
Florenzi (can play wing or cm)

Another guy im excited about who Roma is close to getting is young Belgian starlet Yanick Ferreira Carrasco from Monaco. Ive heard good things and from the youtube clips (i know i know) he reminds me of a poor mans Ribery the way he plays. Hes another with only a year left on his deal and doesnt really want to re-sign so Roma can grab him for 5-6 million.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
There are reports that DeAndre Yedlin is going to Roma. Think I mentioned this before, but not a fan of him at all.

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
There are reports that DeAndre Yedlin is going to Roma. Think I mentioned this before, but not a fan of him at all.

Yep he is. He is staying on loan to Seattle until summer of 2015.
I dont watch MLS so i cant comment too much on him. I know hes young and super quick. He made an impression during the WC too. This is a low risk signing to please the suits and grow the Roma brand in the US.
Learning from 2 of the best fullbacks of their generation in Maicon and Cole certainly should help the young man. We'll see how it pans out.
I agree with Nzap, Cole isn't as good as he used to be but he is still very good.

Thats good to hear. Any comments on Eto'o whos seemingly on the verge of possibly signing with Roma as well? Whats with all these ex Chelsea guys coming to Roma? Haha

PeterTheGreat

Jan 4, 2009
I swear if this were 2009 Roma would win the treble hands down lol

Totti, Maicon, Cole, Eto'o, Keita

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
R.I.P. Alfredo di Stefano.

Terrible news but he's been in out of hospitals a lot.

92990222.jpg

I swear if this were 2009 Roma would win the treble hands down lol

Totti, Maicon, Cole, Eto'o, Keita

You guys are the New jersey of football.:D

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Except that Roma is a really likeable team, whereas NJ isn't.

I like NJ but that's just me.

Willy to city is official. He'll probably be the number 1 keeper at some point in the season.

oh and this pic is just for JB

10451798_10152564242272594_81502791216684639_n.jpg

Masch doesn't care.:D

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Brazil's defense reminds me of Avs d except they don't have Varly to bail them out

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Throw in the towel.

I'd be getting the hell out of Brazil before the rioting starts. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad