The True Football (Not American)/Futol/Soccer Thread: Part II [World Cup Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm buying united giving Moyes the start of next season to prove what he can do. That may just be wishful thinking because of how much I'm enjoying that disaster and I hope he kills the club, but I see Moyes starting next season behind United's bench.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I'm buying united giving Moyes the start of next season to prove what he can do. That may just be wishful thinking because of how much I'm enjoying that disaster and I hope he kills the club, but I see Moyes starting next season behind United's bench.

I hope so as well.
And maybe he can have a decent campaign that falls apart and crashes at the end of next year. That would be something.
Maybe it even buys him more time. I want this to go on forever.

I greatly enjoy their misery. After always looking down at the other top clubs for changing their manager every other year, they finally get to understand why :P.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I hope so as well.
And maybe he can have a decent campaign that falls apart and crashes at the end of next year. That would be something.
Maybe it even buys him more time. I want this to go on forever.

I greatly enjoy their misery. After always looking down at the other top clubs for changing their manager every other year, they finally get to understand why :P.

Now I understand that, but honestly I wouldn't **** so much on Moyes if we would be 4th or something like that.
But the fact that with a winning squad we toil in mid-table, out of all domestic cups (against Swansea and Sunderland at Old Trafford for pete's sake) and almost out of Champions League is too much even to me.

And to the one who asked if this is all on Moyes?
I'd say it's 95% on Moyes and the people who chose him/still keep him at the job.

The players have not behaved perfectly, but with a flailing monkey as your manager I can understand it might get frustrating for them.
Just look what Sacco did here. We all were in the opinion anyone would do a better job than him.
I sincerely believe I would do better with Manchester United than Moyes. I sincerely do. At least I could get the best players out there in important matches.
I mean leaving Kagawa out of the 1st XI after saying he is one of the most important players for us in Europe is mindboggling and absolutely beyond comprehension how idiotic that is.

Last edited:

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Loved van Persies snide comments about our tactics.

Players should never talk badly about the manager, but we have seen a few dodged questions and snide answers from a few players already (e.g. Fabio, Zaha, Evra, Hernandez, Carrick, RvP, Cleverley, Ferdinand, Vidic) and that includes both young, middle aged and older senior players.

The dressing room in United can't be a good place to be right now. Only Rooney seems happy at the moment (probably cause of his new insanely inflated contract).

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Everyone's a critic.

a9d56vK_700b.jpg

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Wonder if any Avs fan got a tattoo of "Sacco Out" on their butt.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
To answer D2M, no it's not just on Moyes. Too many players look like they don't care.

And who should be there for them to help them find it back?
Even Fergie said in his book one of the most important traits of a manager is to manage the players and keep them motivated.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
And who should be there for them to help them find it back?
Even Fergie said in his book one of the most important traits of a manager is to manage the players and keep them motivated.

And Moyes seems to fail hard at it, sadly.

I was fully behind Moyes, since i do not want United to become new Real Madrid, who change managers every other year, but this last game against Olympiakos changed my mind. I honestly can see anything to get better under him anymore - i think he lost the locker room entirely at this point, the players dont believe in him and stopped caring. Only new manager can fix it IMHO. Preferably Jurgen Klopp :-P and he can bring Reus and Gundogan with him, hehe.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
And Moyes seems to fail hard at it, sadly.

I was fully behind Moyes, since i do not want United to become new Real Madrid, who change managers every other year, but this last game against Olympiakos changed my mind. I honestly can see anything to get better under him anymore - i think he lost the locker room entirely at this point, the players dont believe in him and stopped caring. Only new manager can fix it IMHO. Preferably Jurgen Klopp :-P and he can bring Reus and Gundogan with him, hehe.

United won't get Klopp or Simeone or any other big name with a contract.

I'd venture if Moyes gets sacked we will see one of Queiroz or Hiddink to try to stabilize the team for a while. With Queiroz he might want to stay as well if things go well. That man is a tactical genius and would bring so much to United right now. I also hope Meulesteen wants to come back, but I believe that bridge has been burned.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Can stoke claim giant killer status now? (Too bad we're average against the rest of the relegation pack)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Crazy scenes at Panathinaikos vs. Olympiacos. Anyone see that?

PLease, do tell.

Anybody not want to see Pardew miss the rest of the season??

Nope, He makes the EPL worth watching...some times.

I love the football forum. Every time a player is on a hhot streak they're the best player in the world.:laugh:

Then you have morons saying Aguero/Hazard is better than Suarez.

I can't decide who's more clueless?

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Hazard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

except for Suarez, Suarez is amazing.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
PLease, do tell.

Nope, He makes the EPL worth watching...some times.

I love the football forum. Every time a player is on a hhot streak they're the best player in the world.:laugh:

Then you have morons saying Aguero/Hazard is better than Suarez.

I can't decide who's more clueless?

All the Arsenal bashing and "my league is the best league in the world" stuff is really turning me off over there. Even though the best league in the world is pretty hilarious.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Hazard >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

except for Suarez, Suarez is amazing.

At the time of the Hazard's transfer... I told my buddies the rest of the world missed out on this kid. It was the same time Aguero and Sanchez got sold for similar amount of $$$ needless to say I wasn't happy.

When Suarez went to liverpool, I said he'd take the EPL by storm.

When Bojan burst onto the scene, I thought he'd be among the best in the world. You win some you lose some.:laugh::laugh:

All the Arsenal bashing and "my league is the best league in the world" stuff is really turning me off over there. Even though the best league in the world is pretty hilarious.

It's the only reason I go there nowadays...kidding:D I agree the my league is the best argument is dumb.

This has nothing to do with anything but hockeys fans are too entitled.(MSL asking for a trade thread.)/rant

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

It's like people don't understand the German dominance that is coming...

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
PLease, do tell.
Quite a lot happened actually. A player collapsed for no reason which was scary as hell, and later the Olympiacos fans went absolutely nuts as they lost for the 1st time this season and started throwing stuff everywhere, torches thrown, some small rockets fired.

Nasty stuff you don't wanna see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad