The Transformers thread (shows, comics, toys, all things TF)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I practically bleed energon, that's how deep my TF fandom runs. But honestly the next TF movie is going to have to promise and appear to deliver something amazing for me to go back to the theatre. The last movie was so unforgivably awful and so contrary to everything that 30 years of Transformers fiction has established about the characters that it took everything I had to not walk out of the showing I went to. I actually got progressively angrier and angrier at the movie as it went on. Optimus' vitriolic, spiteful "**** humanity" attitude was the beginning, and him screaming "I'll kill them! I'll kill them all!" after finding out what they did to Ratchet was the moment I completely and totally checked out.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Play as Grimlock voiced by Gregg Berger?

shut up and take my money.

Nice to know they got some of the old gang back. Cullen (Prime), Welker (Megatron, Soundwave), Berger (Grimlock, Longhaul), Michael Bell (Sideswipe, Scrapper), and Dan Gilvazen (Bumblebee). The only guy who's not voicing a character that I would otherwise expect is Corey Burton (Shockwave, who is voiced by a guy I've never heard of).

Based on the TF wiki page, there are some interesting omissions. Most notably Jazz. Ironhide too, though I suppose it's possible Cullen doesn't want to pull double-duty (or wasn't paid to do that).

EDIT: Seems like the initial reviews aren't bad either. It's apparently what you'd expect out of one of these kinds of dynasty warriors knockoff type beat-em-ups, but it's a fine example of the genre and the shiny, well-produced transformers coat of paint it's slathered in makes up for however stale the genre might be.

EDIT 2: Just found what seems like an audio flub in the trailer. There's a part where Bumblebee shrugs and says "sounds like fun!" at about 40 seconds. But that is not Dan Gilvazen's voice. Sounds more like Michael Bell. That would actually be a great G1 homage if it's not just an editing screwup by the trailer guy, because the G1 cartoon was full of moments where the wrong character was animated delivering a line. I remember in the Dinobot origin episode there's a bit where Bluestreak is animated giving the lines of 3 different characters in succession, none of which were him IIRC.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I totally forgot to post this in here, but I got a new case for my phone a couple months ago:

NemCase.jpg

:laugh:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
81c-O-oPV1L._SL1500_.jpg

Mildly tempted to pick up the new Trypticon since I already got Metroplex for my nephew a couple years back. My cousin and I usually split who got what growing up and he had Trypticon, so my desire to get it isn't as strong as Devastator/Menasor/Superion.

Although on that note, I never had a G1 Optimus. I was leaning towards getting the 25th anniversary one off eBay which usually runs around $80 with shipping. Ended up gambling on an eBayer out of China who has been selling reproductions of the G1 Optimus for $50 with shipping. Should arrive in the next week (hopefully).

Picked up Devastation but am planning on opening it on Christmas to further corrupt my nephew.

Last edited:

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
81c-O-oPV1L._SL1500_.jpg

Mildly tempted to pick up the new Trypticon since I already got Metroplex for my nephew a couple years back. My cousin and I usually split who got what growing up and he had Trypticon, so my desire to get it isn't as strong as Devastator/Menasor/Superion.

Although on that note, I never had a G1 Optimus. I was leaning towards getting the 25th anniversary one off eBay which usually runs around $80 with shipping. Ended up gambling on an eBayer out of China who has been selling reproductions of the G1 Optimus for $50 with shipping. Should arrive in the next week (hopefully).

Picked up Devastation but am planning on opening it on Christmas to further corrupt my nephew.

Is that the reissue? I still have an original that works. However, I am missing all the accessories.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
2015-12-02.jpg

The G1 remake of Optimus arrived earlier than expected. I'll wait to Christmas to break it open, but pretty happy with it thus far. Never had the original version, so I don't have a frame of reference but the box/figure was larger than I anticipated.

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Is Bay making any more movies? The latest one with Walhberg was the first movie I couldn't finish from beginning to end. Its just all the same now, with different actors. Original was good, two sucked, 3 was a bit of a rebound, but 4 was blah.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Is Bay making any more movies? The latest one with Walhberg was the first movie I couldn't finish from beginning to end. Its just all the same now, with different actors. Original was good, two sucked, 3 was a bit of a rebound, but 4 was blah.

They aren't good movies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

There's supposed to be 2 more, but apparently Bay won't be at the helm.

Still don't hold out hope though

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
$50 in 1987 is about $106 in today's dollars. so yeah there's some extra value put into this, but it's largely inflation and not just a giant toy cash grab.

When I was ages 10-12 I used to go bag grocery's at the Waldbaums across the street from house. In a 3 to 5 hour day I could make any where from $10 to $50. All candy, arcade, comic book and Transformers money.

Metroplex was only $35.00 back than.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Metroplex was only $35? My Fortress Maximus was $99 if I recall correctly. G1 Metroplex wasn't as big, but I would have guessed it would have been a smidge cheaper that Fort Max.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Metroplex was only $35? My Fortress Maximus was $99 if I recall correctly. G1 Metroplex wasn't as big, but I would have guessed it would have been a smidge cheaper that Fort Max.

Yea Fort Max was ridiuclous money. No way I could afford that or justify buying it and at 13 y/o I wanted it bad but was drifting away from Transformers and getting into other things so I got over it. At the time I think it may have been the most expensive Transformer ever sold. Before that Omega Supreme held that tittle at $65.00.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
2015-12-02.jpg

The G1 remake of Optimus arrived earlier than expected. I'll wait to Christmas to break it open, but pretty happy with it thus far. Never had the original version, so I don't have a frame of reference but the box/figure was larger than I anticipated.

That was the first Transformers toy I got at Christmas.

I was so happy.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Probably next week I'm going to start my christmas tradition of seeing how much of the G1 Transformers cartoon I can marathon ahead of Christmas day. I started doing it a few years ago after getting the DVDs and I find that watching a favorite childhood cartoon makes me happy and connects me enough to my inner child to get into a more festive holiday spirit. A couple of years ago I tried to watch the entire series plus movie in about 2 or 3 weeks, but that just about broke me because it meant watching like 5-8 episodes a day every single day. So now at the very least I watch an hour at night (~3 eps once commercials are factored out) and more at other times like when I lock myself in my room to wrap presents. And I just see how far I can make it into the series.

Another year I mixed it up and watched a "best of" multi-day marathon encompassing my favorite 5-10 episodes each from G1, Beast Wars and Prime (because those are the 3 series I have and honestly they're the best of the series out there)

Who's with me? :D

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Probably next week I'm going to start my christmas tradition of seeing how much of the G1 Transformers cartoon I can marathon ahead of Christmas day. I started doing it a few years ago after getting the DVDs and I find that watching a favorite childhood cartoon makes me happy and connects me enough to my inner child to get into a more festive holiday spirit. A couple of years ago I tried to watch the entire series plus movie in about 2 or 3 weeks, but that just about broke me because it meant watching like 5-8 episodes a day every single day. So now at the very least I watch an hour at night (~3 eps once commercials are factored out) and more at other times like when I lock myself in my room to wrap presents. And I just see how far I can make it into the series.

Another year I mixed it up and watched a "best of" multi-day marathon encompassing my favorite 5-10 episodes each from G1, Beast Wars and Prime (because those are the 3 series I have and honestly they're the best of the series out there)

Who's with me? :D

A few years ago I watched the series end to end in a loop twice when it was being aired on the cartoon network. I would DVR them. I did enjoy them for the most part and it's funny how I can still recall my favorite episodes are parts of episodes. I also enjoyed picking apart the horrible animation the same way I did when I was 10 years old and would rewind the VCR if I saw something that didn't look right.

I used to have legos and construx as a child and would spend hours upon hours trying to re-create Transformers that I wanted but I didn't have yet. Legos have come a long way since than.

I love Traxx! He, Swindle and Blast off were several charachters I really liked. For some reason I liked The smarmy elitist better than everyone else attitude they had. Plus I love that era Corvette.I have a C4 now. I loved jeeps. I owned a Jeep like Swindle when I was in college and being a child of the 70's and 80's I was fascinated by the space shuttle.

http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-..._UL160_SR128,160_&refRID=06PJDA3K5BYEF77ZZYQY

I told my chick yesterday i wanted Transformers for Christmas, she wasn't happy.

Last edited:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Didn't know there was a Masterpiece Tracks in the classic Corvette design, sweet. I have a Tracks from a line called Alternators/Binaltech that was made to be a proper scale model of a mid-00s Corvette, and is super articulated in robot mode. It's pretty sweet. I have similar ones for Sideswipe (is a Dodge Viper convertible instead of a Lamborghini, because of licensing issues) and Jazz (Mazda RX-8 instead of Porsche. Again, licensing issues)

I got TF stuff for Christmas though! Got TF Devastation for the PS4 and I got the Combiner Wars Devastator set. I have no idea if it will fit on my shelf though, I think it's too tall :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad