Status
Not open for further replies.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Lazar is the same as Wagner for me. Kuhlman? Maybe he shuts everyone up
I see much more out of Lazar. I think Lazar is hard to play against, in that he is tenacious on the puck and well positioned. He also seems competent if not productive in the offensive zone. A strong Kuraly might give Lazar a run for his money but Wagner has not lit my fire the past couple seasons.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
If Lazar is out longterm, I would like someone other then Blidh as the 13th forward. If Lazar is out short term, Blidh seems like a good option and Kuhlman presumably moves there with a healthy lineup.

If the debate on Lazar's surgery has anything to do with getting him back sooner, I hope they opt for the long term results and I would rotate guys like Studnicka, Steen, Senyshyn, Hughes, Lauko or possibly Froden getting chances as the 13th forward but on the gameday roster for a stretch on the 3rd or 4th line for a different look if needed. Guys like Frederic, Kuhlman, or Debrusk could be candidates for a break at some point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
When Lazar came over, he injected new life into a pretty stagnant 4th line. He didn't finish the season as strong, but no one in the bottom 6 did either. I think he brings more than Kuraly or Wagner were bringing, which is sad to say because those two guys were good soldiers and good 4th liners for several years, but they just seemed to hit their expiration date somehow.

I'm hoping a 4th line configured around Nosek and Lazar can bring back some respect to that line – with whoever the 3rd player may be. Personally, I'd prefer to give Studs the job while Lazar is out, but I'm happy to see what Kuhlman can do, though I don't expect much. If he was a bit bigger with the same speed and tenacity, I'd be a little happier to see Kuhlman on the 4th line.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Chicken/egg.

Why waste offensive zone starts with a line that has the collective offensive acumen of a sack of cabbages?

Kuraly had put up two straight 20+ point seasons as a fourth liner so I don’t know if I really agree with that. Had much more to do with the bruins 3rd line being completely incompetent defensively and whatever line ritchie was bouncing around on being bad defensively too. Which resulted in the fourth line having to get those extra shifts defensively.

Kuraly and Wagner were both top 5 in the entire NHL last year in defensive zone starts. The 4th line was never given the opportunity in the offensive zone from game 1 of the regular season.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese