GDT: The Trade Deadline Thread

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Agreed. If we must move Mark then getting a younger playwr to fit around the new core would be good.

I just looked at Barzal contract, while being a RFA, his real cash salary (cap hit only 7 million) is going to be 10 million next year..........might be a problem for some small market teams to swallow.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I just looked at Barzal contract, while being a RFA, his real cash salary (cap hit only 7 million) is going to be 10 million next year..........might be a problem for some small market teams to swallow.

I mean Wheeler made 10 million in cash this year and JoMo $8 million last year so the org does pay a lot in cash depending on the year.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I mean Wheeler made 10 million in cash this year and JoMo $8 million last year so the org does pay a lot in cash depending on the year.

Fair

Balancing of age, production, contract status, cap hit, real money paid.......etc........I would be curious who adds in this trade. Jets likely add due to age, but might not be as much as some NYI fans think. Not sure

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Fair

Balancing of age, production, contract status, cap hit, real money paid.......etc........I would be curious who adds in this trade. Jets likely add due to age, but might not be as much as some NYI fans think. Not sure

Hard to say, Mark is more productive and will be on a more favorable contract the next two years. Barzal has age and a more rounded game.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Will say how we built for the future while also building to fight for a wild card spot which I love. I like Chevy as a GM and will never underestimate him.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Hard to say, Mark is more productive and will be on a more favorable contract the next two years. Barzal has age and a more rounded game.

Would be interesting for sure. Key for both teams might be being able to get both players re-signed.

If we trade Scheifele, getting another top 6 C would be amazing so I wouldn't be against it, but it would be a little ironic to move MS and get MB who is also not "renowned" for his defense.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would be interesting for sure. Key for both teams might be being able to get both players re-signed.

If we trade Scheifele, getting another top 6 C would be amazing so I wouldn't be against it, but it would be a little ironic to move MS and get MB who is also not "renowned" for his defense.

I don't think Barzal is a liability though in that respect. His possession numbers over the last three years are very strong. His XGA/60 over that time rank pretty middle of pack on the team. Unlike Mark and Blake who easily have the worst metrics on the team.

Reactions: Huffer

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I don't think Barzal is a liability though in that respect. His possession numbers over the last three years are very strong. His XGA/60 over that time rank pretty middle of pack on the team. Unlike Mark and Blake who easily have the worst metrics on the team.
Maybe we can get Trotz to come along as well.....:naughty:

Reactions: Mathil8 and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Interesting suggestion. Obviously Barzal is younger, but I wonder if that makes us a better team. I’m not convinced (but I’m also not convinced that it wouldn’t).

I don't think it would make us much worse which selling Mark for futures would.

I see this org wanting to stay in the playoff mix so such a deal keeps with that.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

I see this org wanting to stay in the playoff mix so such a deal keeps with that.
Yes, but does it make us worse than trading Scheifele? I think that’s a pretty gutsy move for True North, is all.

Remember, there’s supposed to a Scheifele statue down the road.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If you are trading Scheif for Barzal, you work out an extension before you trade for him.
I can't see the Isles trading Barzal.
I'd love to see what Trotz could do behind the net.

Reactions: gojetsgo

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

it would all depend on the barzal extension, no way you can make that trade without knowing what it would be

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
it would all depend on the barzal extension, no way you can make that trade without knowing what it would be

Yes he'd have to come with one on place. But it likely would be better value then whatever Mark is looking for at his age.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Vegas trades players after they buy a new house in town after signing long-term and they seem to be doing just fine.
It's Las Vegas. It's tropical, central to a lot of great places, has a ton to do and doesn't have the punitive taxes Winnipeg has.

I don't think it's fair to try and compare the two scenarios

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
If only we had a coach or GM who actually cared to deploy one. o_O
Maybe he doesn't deploy it because it sucks? Brooks is god awful. I actually don't mind Toninato but I think he needs stronger guys to support him. Poganski is Poganski.

Hopefully these adds will help the 4th line get more minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad