The Top American Players 25 and under #1

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is for Forwards and Defense only...

Pretty simply, who are the best American players aged 25 and under for this upcoming season.

Curious to see how many have Matthews over Eichel, or where Jones, Fowler, Slavin, Werenski, and Hanifin rank amongst each other.

I am starting out with 32 names to pick from, we can always add as we go - but pretty sure the top 15 or so is here without issue.

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
The homer in me wants to say Matthews but I can't deny how talented Eichel is. I believe they will have a similar impact with Eichel having a few more points so he gets my vote. Lets hope I'm wrong ;)

Beltv

Apr 13, 2017
I voted but....Larkin isn't on this list and there are some guys who haven't even touched NHL yet. (Not saying hes the best by any means...but he would certainly make this list.)

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
The homer in me wants to say Matthews but I can't deny how talented Eichel is. I believe they will have a similar impact with Eichel having a few more points so he gets my vote. Lets hope I'm wrong ;)

It's not being a homer, Eichel would tell you Matthews is better.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
I picked Matthews but honestly it's a coin flip between him and Eichel. I'm a huge fan of both guys and I think Eichel is going to have a monster year next year.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I voted but....Larkin isn't on this list and there are some guys who haven't even touched NHL yet. (Not saying hes the best by any means...but he would certainly make this list.)

Larkin is on my original list, somehow left him off...so yes he will be added next one as he has a shot in the top 10...thanks for seeing that miss.

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
Only three other American defensemen have had better U20 seasons than Zach Werenski, and two of them were just Phil Housley in back to back years.

No doubt his season was impressive but there is no chance I pass on Eichel or Matthews for Werenski

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Auston has the goal edge, Jack has the point edge, if this is a "right now" thing.

Jack's overall impact on the game is greater (that fancy circle chart thing) and Auston is way better at defense.

Should be a tie IMO. And then nobody really knows going forward.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
It's not being a homer, Eichel would tell you Matthews is better.

I sincerely doubt that. Eichel is extremely competitive and i dont think he would say anyone who is compared to him as often as Matthews is is better than him

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Auston has the goal edge, Jack has the point edge, if this is a "right now" thing.

Jack's overall impact on the game is greater (that fancy circle chart thing) and Auston is way better at defense.

Should be a tie IMO. And then nobody really knows going forward.

Matthews has more pts as a rookie than eichel had in both years.

eichel in year 2 had a ppg edge over matthews rookie season

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I sincerely doubt that. Eichel is extremely competitive and i dont think he would say anyone who is compared to him as often as Matthews is is better than him

This. Before the 2015 draft, Eichel was telling teams that he met with that he was the best player in the draft. Obviously he was wrong, because of McDavid, but that's the mentality that he has to have. You don't get to be a player of Eichel's calibre without being supremely confident in your own abilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad