NBA The Top 75 Players of All Time are:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Maravich is overrated, his game is more flash than substance. Low shooting %, high turnovers, minimal winning. He is more like the Iverson of his era except I rate AI a little higher due to better longevity, playing in a better era and leading a team to the finals.
career .441 FG% is low? 3.7 TOV isn't that bad either

i'd rate AI higher as well but maravich is more than deserving of his spot

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
career .441 FG% is low? 3.7 TOV isn't that bad either

i'd rate AI higher as well but maravich is more than deserving of his spot

For turnovers they only started tracking them really 1 year in his prime and he averaged 5, then 4.1 as he declined a bit in usage, and then and 1.9 his last year which as limited minutes wise.

In his peak season for PPG/MVP vote (31.1, 3rd) he takes 28 shots a game to 2nd closest's 11 while ranking 12th of 14 on his team in FG%, and 9th in TS%. His TS is .492% while league average is .510. From 71-79 his rank on his teams in TS% is 6th, 9th, 5th, 6th, 12th, 3rd, 9th, 8th, 11th.

I would still call him a good player just not a top 75 lock. He is famous for being fun to watch due to flashiness however the downside of that is chucking and hot dog passes going astray. He was also born in the wrong era and didn't get to benefit from 3pt line and pick and roll/spacing game. In terms of advanced stats like Win Shares and Box Plus Minus when you compare him to a player who didn't make the list like Bob Lanier it's not even close.

Last edited:

OneSniffTwoSniff

Jan 18, 2022
My top 20 list

1. Lebron (the grrrrrrreatest athlete to ever live)

2. Jordan
3. Kareem
4. Larry Bird
5. Magic
6. Wilt
7. Bill Russell
8. Kobe
9. Steph Curry
10. Kevin Durant
11. Tim Duncan
12. Shaq
13. Hakeem Olajuwan
14. Oscar Robertson
15. Kevin Garnett
16. Allen Iverson
17. Dirk Nowitzki
18. Kawhi
19. Charles Barkley
20. Jerry West

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
Imagine someone was as good a shotblocker as Curry is a 3pt shooter, and in an era with no spacing where players are more crowded near the rim. Much like how Curry makes an impact on offense by how much he's scaring teams of his shot, this players makes teams entire offenses built around avoiding his blocks such as taking jumpshots outside of the paint. Then this player is a top 3 level rebounder of all time, and as an offensive player his impact is maybe on the level of around 2014 Noah. He is then famously clutch in the playoffs and always seems to deliver huge performances and plays in Game 7s, eventually he becomes the Brady, and Wilt becomes the Manning where you don't trust him as much in the playoffs, although he did break through once in a prime.

Yes I think some of it is that the Celtics won so much that they gave credit to the best player. But there also may be a reason they won so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad