NBA The Top 75 Players of All Time are:

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
The guys who didn't make it are Alex English, Kyrie, Jokic, Klay, and those guys:

34. Dwight Howard (68.4)
53. Pau Gasol (60)
55. Tracy McGrady (59.3)
56. Tony Parker (58.8)
58. Chris Bosh (58.2)
63. LaMarcus Aldridge (56.8)
69. Chauncey Billups (55.4)
T71. Vince Carter, Bob Lanier (55.3)
74. Adrian Dantley (55)
75. Paul George (54.9)

The Top 75 Players of All Time are:
"A
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
• Ray Allen
• Giannis Antetokounmpo
• Carmelo Anthony
• Nate Archibald
• Paul Arizin
B
• Charles Barkley
• Rick Barry
• Elgin Baylor
• Dave Bing
• Larry Bird
• Kobe Bryant
C
• Wilt Chamberlain
• Bob Cousy
• Dave Cowens
• Billy Cunningham
• Stephen Curry
D
• Anthony Davis
• Dave DeBusschere
• Clyde Drexler
• Tim Duncan
• Kevin Durant
E
• Julius Erving
• Patrick Ewing
F
• Walt Frazier
G
• Kevin Garnett
• George Gervin
• Hal Greer
H
• James Harden
• John Havlicek
• Elvin Hayes
J
• LeBron James
• Magic Johnson
• Sam Jones
• Michael Jordan
K
• Jason Kidd
I
• Allen Iverson
L
• Kawhi Leonard
• Damian Lillard
• Jerry Lucas
M
• Karl Malone
• Moses Malone
• Pete Maravich
• Bob McAdoo
• Kevin McHale
• George Mikan
• Reggie Miller
• Earl Monroe
N
• Steve Nash
• Dirk Nowitzki
O
• Shaquille O’Neal
• Hakeem Olajuwon
P
• Robert Parish
• Chris Paul
• Gary Payton
• Bob Pettit
• Paul Pierce
• Scottie Pippen
R
• Willis Reed
• Oscar Robertson
• David Robinson
• Dennis Rodman
• Bill Russell
S
• Dolph Schayes
• Bill Sharman
• John Stockton
T
• Isiah Thomas
• Nate Thurmond
U
• Wes Unseld
W
• Dwyane Wade
• Bill Walton
• Jerry West
• Russell Westbrook
• Lenny Wilkens
• Dominique Wilkins
• James Worthy"
@Dr Pepper

Last edited:

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Reggie Miller was my favourite player growing up and I don't think he belongs on this list. Would put T-Mac or Howard in there over Miller.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Say Hey Kid

War, it's just a shot away
Dec 10, 2007
ATL

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Reggie Miller was my favourite player growing up and I don't think he belongs on this list. Would put T-Mac or Howard in there over Miller.

The thing with T-Mac is he fell off a cliff after he turned 29 vs Miller who was pretty consistent his whole career.

But what an absolute joke D12 didn't make it. Dude was the best centre in the league for over half a decade and was an absolute two-way beast at his apex.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The players who were named to the Top 50 list in 1996 were automatically included in the Top 75, so the final 26 spots (there was a tie) were all players from the last 25 years, Bob McAdoo, and Dominique Wilkins. Seems like a dumb way of doing this.

Reactions: Voight

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
The thing with T-Mac is he fell off a cliff after he turned 29 vs Miller who was pretty consistent his whole career.

But what an absolute joke D12 didn't make it. Dude was the best centre in the league for over half a decade and was an absolute two-way beast at his apex.

Miller was good for a lot of years, probably not great often enough though. He did one thing better than everyone who has ever played, except for maybe one or two guys, but he was just average-ish at everything else. T-Mac had enough dominant years where I would take him over Miller's consistently good years.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Not sure what the justification is for having Allen, Miller, and Pierce in the top 75, but not Vince Carter...

Carter is one of six players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game in 10 straight seasons

He is also one of six players in league history to record 24,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 1,000 steals and 1,000 3-point field goals

Reactions: Voight

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
James Worthy has no business in the top 75...

He had 1 season with a PER above 20 and his best VORP season was 4.3

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Dennis Rodman shouldn't be in the top 75 either...

Is anyone taking him over Mourning, Mutombo, or Ben Wallace?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not sure what the justification is for having Allen, Miller, and Pierce in the top 75, but not Vince Carter...

Carter is one of six players in NBA history to average at least 20 points, 4 rebounds and 3 assists per game in 10 straight seasons

He is also one of six players in league history to record 24,000 points, 6,000 rebounds, 2,500 assists, 1,000 steals and 1,000 3-point field goals

Pierce is incredibly overrated.

Bill Russell was one of top 5 players ever given his era. Howard was one of the top 5 players on his team (at times).

Russel is not top 5 of all time...

Of his era? Of course.

& D12 in his prime was the best center in the league. During that 2008-2012 stretch he was surely a top 5 player in the league.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Pierce is incredibly overrated.

Russel is not top 5 of all time...

Of his era? Of course.

& D12 in his prime was the best center in the league. During that 2008-2012 stretch he was surely a top 5 player in the league.

Pierce is 25th all-time in career Win Shares, and 23rd all-time in career VORP - which is ahead of Allen and Carter in both categories... so I think his place among the top 75 is reasonable

When Russell came into the league, the average size of an NBA player was approx. 6'3, 195 lbs... by the time Howard came around those averages were up to 6'7, 220 lbs...

According to Basketball Reference, Howard outweighed Russell by 50 lbs, despite both players being listed at 6'10... and it's not like that's 50 lbs of flab

(it's possible Howard used PEDs during his career, something he likely wouldn't have had access to in Russell's era, so it's possible he wouldn't have been as physically imposing in the 50's and 60's)

Put Howard on those Celtics teams, and I can't imagine he doesn't have a greater impact than Russell...

A hockey comparable would be replacing Beliveau with prime Lindros...

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pierce is 25th all-time in career Win Shares, and 23rd all-time in career VORP - which is ahead of Allen and Carter in both categories... so I think his place among the top 75 is reasonable

When Russell came into the league, the average size of an NBA player was approx. 6'3, 195 lbs... by the time Howard came around those averages were up to 6'7, 220 lbs...

According to Basketball Reference, Howard outweighed Russell by 50 lbs, despite both players being listed at 6'10... and it's not like that's 50 lbs of flab

(it's possible Howard used PEDs during his career, something he likely wouldn't have had access to in Russell's era, so it's possible he wouldn't have been as physically imposing in the 50's and 60's)

Put Howard on those Celtics teams, and I can't imagine he doesn't have a greater impact than Russell...

Steroids were used by athletes starting in the mid 50s. They were certainly available in the 60s, whether NBA players used them or not is a different story, but I'm sure there was access to them. Was probably easier to use them in that era given the lack of testing and the fact that they didn't become popular/well known to the general public until the 80s.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I would leave off Maravich, Monroe, Bing, Archibald, L Wilkens, DeBusschere, Lucas, Rodman, Melo. Add: Dwight, Pau, Manu, Dantley, English, Tmac, Jokic, Lanier, Billups. They messed up a little bit in 96 understandably without the help of Basketball reference, wiki, etc. and were afraid to knock some of them off.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008

Russell went against a better version of Howard in Wilt among other solid big men. It's actually Dwight who went against the worst era for centers of all time.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I would leave off Maravich, Monroe, Bing, Archibald, L Wilkens, DeBusschere, Lucas, Rodman, Melo. Add: Dwight, Pau, Manu, Dantley, English, Tmac, Jokic, Lanier, Billups. They messed up a little bit in 96 understandably without the help of Basketball reference, wiki, etc. and were afraid to knock some of them off.
maravich? guy 100% deserves to be on that list. one of the most underrated careers in NBA history. scary to think what he could've done if he had played his entire career with the 3 pt line

i agree with removing monroe, bing, archibald, and wilkens. i'd add cowens to that list too. i get that it made sense to keep the original top 50 guys from '97 on, but they should've swapped some out for players who have eclipsed them since. pau, dwight, and english should be on that list for sure. carter, t-mac. dantley, and king have good cases as well. jokic too if you're putting him on just based on how you predict his career will turn out (like they did with shaq in '97)

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
maravich? guy 100% deserves to be on that list. one of the most underrated careers in NBA history. scary to think what he could've done if he had played his entire career with the 3 pt line

i agree with removing monroe, bing, archibald, and wilkens. i'd add cowens to that list too. i get that it made sense to keep the original top 50 guys from '97 on, but they should've swapped some out for players who have eclipsed them since. pau, dwight, and english should be on that list for sure. carter, t-mac. dantley, and king have good cases as well. jokic too if you're putting him on just based on how you predict his career will turn out (like they did with shaq in '97)

Maravich is overrated, his game is more flash than substance. Low shooting %, high turnovers, minimal winning. He is more like the Iverson of his era except I rate AI a little higher due to better longevity, playing in a better era and leading a team to the finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad