The Top 30 Players in the NHL (2018 Edition) - #4

Who is the 4th best player in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I think this is MacKinnon.

Yes, one year of top 3 performance truly solidifies your position as the 4th best player in the world ahead of some no name like Malkin who's only consistently been at the top of the league for not even one and a half decades yet.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Yes, one year of top 3 performance truly solidifies your position as the 4th best player in the world ahead of some no name like Malkin who's only consistently been at the top of the league for not even one and a half decades yet.
First poll specified that this is for RIGHT NOW. I’m a Pens fan, and I’d take MacKinnon before Malkin, thus my statement.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Because he’s not as good as McDavid right now? I think your logic is backward; Crosby would be in front if long-term history was important here.

No I'm not saying he should be #1, I'm saying Crosby hasn't been the 2nd best player in the NHL this year if that's what the poll is about.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
You don't have to look far. He wasn't a top 100 player

That wasn't a current league rankings list. The TSN rankings entering the league had him 6th: https://www.tsn.ca/a-new-no-1-mcdavid-edges-crosby-in-tsn-s-top-50-player-poll-1.867210 , with Price and Kane ahead of him, who would no doubt fall after this season. The Hockey News similarly had him 7th, again after Kane and Price. Ovechkin wasn't even in the top 20 on either list, and you had him 3rd. So if you're relying on "experts" to form your opinion, at least you could remain consistent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad