• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brando

May 21, 2017
Top 30 Players in the NHL

1. Connor McDavid
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Alexander Ovechkin

Pick someone you'd like me to add to the poll as well when you vote (including goalies).

If people are interested I may go up to 50.

Adds:
1 Kuznetsov
2 Scheifele
1 Giroux
3 Hall
0 Getzlaf
0 Eichel
0 Matthews
3 Benn
0 Marner
0 Gaudreau
1 Burns
7 Subban
3 Stamkos
1 Seguin
1 Price
0 Bobrovsky

Last edited:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Kucherov has more points in each of the last 3 years than Malkin, leading his team in scoring each time and both times they were in the playoffs. Malkin has been 1, 2, and 3 in scoring in the regular season and playoffs as Kessel and Letang have sometimes been the focal point after Crosby. Kucherov was 3rd on the Sport Express top Russian players this year ahead of Malkin. Kucherov was a beast against the Caps the 1st 5 games. Add Giroux.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Top 30 Players in the NHL

1. Connor McDavid
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Alexander Ovechkin

Pick someone you'd like me to add to the poll as well when you vote (including goalies).

If people are interested I may go up to 50.

Adds:
0 Kuznetsov
0 Scheifele
0 Barkov
0 Giroux
0 Hall
0 Getzlaf
0 Eichel
0 Matthews
1 Benn
0 Marner
0 Gaudreau
0 Burns
1 Subban
1 Stamkos
1 Seguin
I think this is MacKinnon.

I’ll throw a vote to adding in Scheifele, Barkov, and Hall. They’d all get my vote before a number of guys who are currently options.

Reactions: Jarey Curry

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Why is Malkin getting 60% of the vote here? Analysts don't have him as a top 5 player.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
3. (4.) Malkin
4. (5.) Tavares
5. (6.) Kopitar

They all should be higher than Ovi, probably some other too. Ovi is great but no way third best player in NHL right now.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
3. (4.) Malkin
4. (5.) Tavares
5. (6.) Kopitar

They all should be higher than Ovi, probably some other too. Ovi is great but no way third best player in NHL right now.

Exactly how is Tavares the fourth best player in the NHL? He hasn't finished in the top 10 in scoring since 2015 and isn't some Bergeron-level player defensively.

Reactions: Critical

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I think this is MacKinnon.

I’ll throw a vote to adding in Scheifele, Barkov, and Hall. They’d all get my vote before a number of guys who are currently options.

No chance to vote MacKinnon after only 1 season imo. He's had severely underwhelming years before last year. I want to see what he does this coming year. If he takes off with a bang and is leading/at top of scoring race most of the year (and above Malkin) - sure maybe then argue him above Malkin, but at this point he's still quite a few ranks behind.

This is Malkin pretty easily.

Imo Karlsson and Kucherov are next.

And Add Subban to next poll - he should be present when we start adding defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad