Who is the 14th best player in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Winger Giroux > Tavares > Center Giroux

Subban here, how him and Marchand aren’t gone is baffling to me. Add Seth Jones.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Are people seriously rating Tavares above Giroux? Giroux scores more and is way better away from the puck. I don't see any argument for Tavares.

maybe its because they arent dumb enough to overlook the three seasons in a row before this where JT outscored Giroux?

should be funny when giroux falls back down to earth. 14g/58pts/-15 in 82 games in 2016-2017 is pretty ugly

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Giroux just put up a 102 points which is 18 more than Tavares. His two way game is stronger as well.
He clearly deserves to be leading the poll.

gamer1035

Feb 14, 2012
He was voted 4th best C in the league 2 months before the season ended, and now at best he would be at #7.
I'd be interested in a redo of these polls to see where he would rank this time. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't make the top 10. There are almost as many blind leaf haters as there are leaf fans and on top of that all non leaf fans hate on the leafs to some degree.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
So does position, zone starts and line mates mean nothing to you?

I will enjoy revisiting this later this year, I think.

Giroux might be listed as the LW, but he's still taking on a lot of the responsibilities of the C depending on the area of the ice, game situation, etc. His chemistry with Couturier is borderline obscene which is why they're able to seamlessly flip flop at will.

kegluu

Jan 30, 2016
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/who-is-the-4th-best-centre.2443075/

Yet most on here felt that way, before he put on the leaf jersey of course

On February 2nd Tavares was 3rd in scoring among centers(behind Stamkos and Mackinnon) and Islanders were in playoff hunt. Since then he managed to get outcored by rookie center on his own team and Islanders missed playoffs by 17 points
So you know these results can be related to strong "what have you done to me lately" mentality here and not this anti Leafs bias you like to metion frequently

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad