Post-Game Talk: The Toews and Crawford Show! Hawks down Sens 6-5!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com
Toews was insane tonight. Everywhere. These top 6 need to stay the same for a spell, because it's glorious.

Khabibulin is awful, but there is a thread for that. Raanta's AHL numbers are convincing enough for me that harboring 40-year old siv makes less sense than prematurely calling up a kid who may not be NHL ready, but is probably too good for Rockford.

CertainAffinity*

What the hell is wrong with Kane lately.

He's team worst in +/-, and for every great scoring chance he has he makes a bone-headed, stupid decision that more often than not ends up in the back of the net (see Zack Smith goal).

He needs to figure his **** out.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida

He's team worst in +/-, and for every great scoring chance he has he makes a bone-headed, stupid decision that more often than not ends up in the back of the net (see Zack Smith goal).

He had a great game not even two nights ago. Calm down. Up until tonight he led the team in points and has been improving his defense, not to mention the fact he's basically the backbone of the powerplay. I'm not sure how many "bone-headed stupid decisions" you saw that ended up in a goal for the other team but I think you're overstating things just a bit.

CS85

Tell 'em, Mean Gene!
Jun 27, 2011
Champaign, IL
www.bearsfansonline.com

Kane is the man, just gotta sync with Pirri and Saad. Probably time to stop doubting #88. The guy I'd worry about is Bickell, but even that slow-starting lump of crap has rediscovered a vibe with Shaw/Morin.

Fred Murtz

Jan 20, 2009
Andrew Shaw tip in goal 1-0

Marian Hossa wrist shot 2-2

Jonathan Toews wrap around goal 4-3

Jonathan Toews wrist shot goal 4-4

Jonathan Toews backhand goal 5-4

Last edited:

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Very cool that Crawford was able to come in and give up 1 goal in 30 minutes.

Well he is the best player on the team so far this year and should have won the CS. I expect nothing less of him.

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well line #2 after a hreat previous game, just mailed it in this game...Kane back to his 2 good shifts and then that's it for the night "effort"...this time managing only 2 shots and no points and of course a huge mental gaffe turnover pass right to Zack Smith and in our net...awful..Pirri on the line was at least trying and Saad wS even worse than Kane with not even one good shift..he had no speed and no want in this game...overall line #2 whicj we thought had been fixed to click was stinky because its 2 wingers went MIA this game...Line #4 also sub-par..luckily multipoints from linrs #1 and #3...on D...well #2 and #7 just mailed it in. ..another lacksidaiscal "effort" from them...awful..luckily their +/- stats were bailed out to even by the offense led by Toews and Shaw.. K-bag could hardly be blamed for the poor defense in our zone when he was on...but stoll he failed to make the key saves to bsil thee messes out..Crawford did bail out the messes with key saves at importsnt moments else this game could have gotten uglier for us. ANYWAY, we finally got big multi-point nights of 4 and 3 points from Toews and Hossa and Shaw and so voila ee get a 6 goal outburst to vover up the messy defensive warts.. ALL were not pulling on the oars together last night...Q needs to bag skate the slackers #2 #7 #20 and #88 to send a message that ALL are required to show up and Earn their pay instead of just msiling it on.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
/\ Saad had a solid game defensively and kept it respectable for the line - Kane and Pirri did not have great games. As good as that 1st line looked, Q needs to balance out the top 6 and split up Kane and Pirri. BTW, Senators were awful but still a good confidence booster for Hawks who were never out of it despite the score.

Great bounce back game from Toews who easily could have had 5 goals... and I loved the way the dmen joined the rush all night.

krazyhawk

Jan 9, 2006
Montreal/Nova Scotia
Well line #2 after a hreat previous game, just mailed it in this game...Kane back to his 2 good shifts and then that's it for the night "effort"...this time managing only 2 shots and no points and of course a huge mental gaffe turnover pass right to Zack Smith and in our net...awful..Pirri on the line was at least trying and Saad wS even worse than Kane with not even one good shift..he had no speed and no want in this game...overall line #2 whicj we thought had been fixed to click was stinky because its 2 wingers went MIA this game...Line #4 also sub-par..luckily multipoints from linrs #1 and #3...on D...well #2 and #7 just mailed it in. ..another lacksidaiscal "effort" from them...awful..luckily their +/- stats were bailed out to even by the offense led by Toews and Shaw.. K-bag could hardly be blamed for the poor defense in our zone when he was on...but stoll he failed to make the key saves to bsil thee messes out..Crawford did bail out the messes with key saves at importsnt moments else this game could have gotten uglier for us. ANYWAY, we finally got big multi-point nights of 4 and 3 points from Toews and Hossa and Shaw and so voila ee get a 6 goal outburst to vover up the messy defensive warts.. ALL were not pulling on the oars together last night...Q needs to bag skate the slackers #2 #7 #20 and #88 to send a message that ALL are required to show up and Earn their pay instead of just msiling it on.

:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
OT - I must say, after watching the Sens feed last night, Denis Potvin is the best out-of-town commentator going. His knowledge and assessments of the Hawks team was right on the money. Most other commentators are homers that essentially ignore the Hawks except to praise them with generalities and clichés. Nice job by Potvin.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yup, team starts to score goals with their new lines...Q's an idiot for switching the lines.

We got the 2 points, but don't for a moment think that Q's happy with a 6 - 5 win. Yes the goaltending was shabby, but Sen players were allowed to storm our net with little resistance...the team is still far from being tight defensively.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Karlsson is the best offensiv D in the league, he just can't play defense good enough :laugh:

that 2nd goal was prove enough ;)

Toews, that was ****ing great. Saad is for real

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We got the 2 points, but don't for a moment think that Q's happy with a 6 - 5 win. Yes the goaltending was shabby, but Sen players were allowed to storm our net with little resistance...the team is still far from being tight defensively.

I'm sure he was happy with the previous game, where the lines were switched.

Without Khabi in net, last night was a 6-2 game.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm sure he was happy with the previous game, where the lines were switched.

Without Khabi in net, last night was a 6-2 game.

... or 3 -2. That 4th Sens goal woke them up, and Toews had the team on his shoulders. Lately it seems we play better without the lead.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
... or 3 -2. That 4th Sens goal woke them up, and Toews had the team on his shoulders. Lately it seems we play better without the lead.

Either way, the 5 goals scored wouldn't have happened. The 2nd line wasn't even that bad defensively, and the only real mistake they made was Kane making a stupid pass. The way the 1st line is playing, I don't know how you could split them up, the puck never gets to our zone for 20mins of the game with that line out there.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

He had some serious tunnel vision last night but we all know he's a great passer and he's been putting up points so not a big deal. I'm surprised his +/- is so bad but it's early and I think will go up as the season goes on.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd like to see Hossa next to Pirri and Toews next to Kane just as insurance on the ice for those 2.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd like to see Hossa next to Pirri and Toews next to Kane just as insurance on the ice for those 2.

If it starts to be a problem, then I would too.

But it hasn't been a problem yet, we are finally putting lots of goals on the board, and the team is winning more than it's losing. So keep it the way it is until needed.

The team wasn't playing great defensively with Hossa and Toews split up, so not sure what the big deal is.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
No reason to mess with the lines when the team is finally scoring. Kane making a terrible pass leading to a goal against didn't have anything to do with his linemates - it was just a bad play by him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad