The Todd McLellan Appreciation Thread

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
McLellan put together a great regular season system, and it's been a great 7 year run. Too bad it's going out on a whimper but his exit is as appropriate and classy as he has ever been. Class act.

SharksFailToClear

Apr 7, 2009
His system was good and helped the sharks take a step forward. Turned joe thornton into a 2 way force. Put in a killer powerplay.

I can't forgive him for his lineup choices at key times. Benching useful players for horrid 4th liners. Refusing to keep pavs at 3C despite dominating success in the playoffs. The list goes on.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
His system was good and helped the sharks take a step forward. Turned joe thornton into a 2 way force. Put in a killer powerplay.

I can't forgive him for his lineup choices at key times. Benching useful players for horrid 4th liners. Refusing to keep pavs at 3C despite dominating success in the playoffs. The list goes on.

Which useful players? And Pavelski was ok as a 3C until they were destroyed by Vancouver.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I will miss TMac as well. I think he was the best coach we've had in franchise history. I do believe his message wasn't getting through to players anymore though so it was time for someone to go and its harder to get rid of a group or players as opposed to 1 coach.

Not saying I'm happy, but it might be better for both sides.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I'm a big TMac fan and appreciate the contribution he made to the organization as a whole during his tenure. He had a couple of stumbles along the way but mostly a lot of success!
Unfortunately, he was completely hamstrung by DW this past season so went out on a less than upbeat note.
I'm sure he's going to return to the tank leading a winning team very, very soon!

Sometimes it's just best for everyone involved to agree to just move on and amicably go their own ways. This is one of those times...

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Thank you for implementing the pro-cess Koala.

Now go off to Edmonton and play Scrivens for 75 games a season. You know you want to!

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

2 40 goal seasons later, and you still think it was a mistake?

McClellan made some genius moves Burns to forward and that included

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The Koala wanted to sit atop the Eucalyptus Tree
He wished to breathe up high, he wished to swing free.
He started off fast, no one could see
How quickly he'd ascend most of that tree.

When he got halfway, he fell back down
Shook his head and hands, turned back around
He climbed up quickly, but the word around town
Was he climbed a bit slower, everyone found.

He soon grew tired, worried there were few
Chances to climb to see the view

He huffed, he puffed, he grabbed at every leaf
But nothing would get him to the top of the tree.

He slid back down, he rested at the base
"The trees here stretch too high; the leaves hold little weight."

The Koala still dreams of climbing the Eucalyptus Tree
But he needs the right one, and this one it won't be.

wait a minute, how has no one commented on this? did you write this?

Eighth Fret

Jan 11, 2011
Great coach. The EPIX doc really confirmed his intelligence, and how dedicated to the craft he is.

He was also pretty adorable thanks to his striking resemblance to a koala bear. Sad to see him go.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
2 40 goal seasons later, and you still think it was a mistake?

McClellan made some genius moves Burns to forward and that included

The move on its own wasn't a mistake. The lack of an adequate replacement so that the third line wasn't getting dominated on a regular basis was the issue.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Jul 5, 2007
San Jose, CA
I liked TMac. Frustrating personnel decisions at times, but you have to wonder how much of that was DW. They say the grass is always greener...it can get a lot worse than TMac.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I wish he would write a goodbye letter to the fans and actually explain what the Process was. ;)

On a serious note, he was a great coach for the team and will be missed.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Thank you TMac, and my family hated to see you go. Imagine what it could have been if your boss believed in a defense a bit more.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Take care.

4471.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad