The Todd McLellan Appreciation Thread

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Thank you T-Mac
I believe he is a really good coach that just wore out his welcome with DW...imo. That said, I was proud to see him on our Sharks for this long, he was always professional with the fans and media.
Special thanks to EPIX for showing us all the f-bombs he really drops.
oAQroBi.jpg

:cry:

Last edited:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
roflmao

Nailed that sir, godamnit, I'm at work.

I saw a homeless guy the other day and I said to my wife "That homeless guy looks JUST like Todd McLellan" and she goes "Oh my god, he totally does". Even though I knew better, I checked my phone just to be sure he hadn't been fired yet. Guess I was a few days early.

Still, I've got nothing particular against Todd, he's a good coach, and I think one day he'll be a great coach, it just won't be here sadly.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
gikoala_zpsa926b892.jpg

Going to miss the Koala, he was a good coach. I did have some problems with with his pro-cess, too much line shuffling and a failure to adapt, which sounds contradictory but he found a way. I thank him for the photoshops and years of winning teams and playoff hockey.

koalahelmet.jpg

koalaneimi.jpg

toddtrap.jpg

bX9rk4o_zps537c2136.gif

• Love
Reactions: Lt Dan

polmaniac932

Mar 25, 2006
San Jose
www.youtube.com
The Koala wanted to sit atop the Eucalyptus Tree
He wished to breathe up high, he wished to swing free.
He started off fast, no one could see
How quickly he'd ascend most of that tree.

When he got halfway, he fell back down
Shook his head and hands, turned back around
He climbed up quickly, but the word around town
Was he climbed a bit slower, everyone found.

He soon grew tired, worried there were few
Chances to climb to see the view

He huffed, he puffed, he grabbed at every leaf
But nothing would get him to the top of the tree.

He slid back down, he rested at the base
"The trees here stretch too high; the leaves hold little weight."

The Koala still dreams of climbing the Eucalyptus Tree
But he needs the right one, and this one it won't be.

MutualLol

Apr 20, 2015
Thanks TMac, best of luck.

Also thank you to the assistant coaches, Jay Woodcroft and Jim Johnson and the video guy Brett Heimlich.

As a Sharks and Niners fan, I'm not optimistic for the coming years, but hey all teams have good stretches and bad. Just the nature of sports.

5H4RK5

May 3, 2007
Fuzzy wuzzy was a koala...........................nah forget it. Thanks Koala. :handclap:

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Thanks Todd. You put the pro in pro-cess.

I kinda hope he goes to some messed up, broken team, cuz I'm sure he could fix it.

sjsharklover

Jun 22, 2008
san jose
Not the coaches fault

Thanks Tmac for the hope you brought this team when you first came aboard..it didn't pan out in the end but it wasn't all your fault.Even though the team blew a 3-0 lead to LA you still were one game from advancing to the next round , and who knows if you were to overcome LA you might have went real deep in the playoffs. And with a team potentially that good last year all that was added was John Scott and some young talent which aside from a few were not that impressive ,what do you expect..Tomorrow team is a load of &$@/ .. Your old boss really does not know what to do...he is reactive and not proactive...in fact even the main players on the team are more receive than proactive...it must be the culture there....anyways Tmac most people will realize it wasn't your fault when you win a cup before Dan Jose does....it's too bad us fans have to wait through Wilsons awful decisions in the meantime...

This off season has already started out like last off season...so expect the same results next year if Wilson is still in charge...

You had a million problems with this team going into the off season.

You now have a million and one....
Good Luck Tmac

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Thank you T-Mac
I believe he is a really good coach that just wore out his welcome with DW...imo. That said, I was proud to see him on our Sharks for this long, he was always professional with the fans and media.
Special thanks to EPIX for showing us all the f-bombs he really drops.
oAQroBi.jpg

:cry:

I'm sorry but who or what is EPIX? Can you send me the link or something to this? I'm really interested to see this.

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks a lot Tmac. You were arguably our best coach of all time and you really did push this team to the brink most of the time and get the most out of them, just unfortunate you didn't get to go all the way which is what you deserved. Hope you find another coaching job soon, and hopefully that's in Toronto and that you can help turn the Leafs around.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Thanks Todd. Yes I spent years calling for the Sharks to SACK T-MAC, and do believe you were consistently outcoached in the playoffs (except you always got over on Babs, love it!!), and many times do not believe you fielded the lineup to give us the best chance to win games, but you are a good coach, maybe great, and a great guy. Wish we could have won a Cup under your helm, especially 2008-2009. You coached one hell of a team that season, something I'll never forget.

Good luck to where-ever you go, which I personally hope is Detroit. You deserve the Red Wings, and I mean that as a compliment.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Wish we could have won a Cup under your helm, especially 2008-2009. You coached one hell of a team that season, something I'll never forget.

That was the truly the beginning of the SJ Sharks' Golden Age. Sorry, been playing a lot of Civ 5 recently. Those will be some great memories with Todd at the helm.
Like the 2010 playoffs.. Still really thought the Sharks would get to the Finals during the "History Will be Made" ad campaign.

the feels..

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
That was the truly the beginning of the SJ Sharks' Golden Age. Sorry, been playing a lot of Civ 5 recently. Those will be some great memories with Todd at the helm.
Like the 2010 playoffs.. Still really thought the Sharks would get to the Finals during the "History Will be Made" ad campaign.

the feels..

I remember that one. This one has still my favorite though.

The Great John Scott

#Trade4JohnScott
Aug 23, 2014
Thanks for playing John Scott more than I had anticipated, and making this dreadful season watchable.

Otherwise, thanks for all the fish. :)

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wasn't a fan of his for the last few years, though I never really wanted him gone either.

After all the ******** the last two months though, I developed a soft spot for him.

Some of my favorite Sharks memories were with him behind the bench. I'm hoping that Larry (assuming there's no friction or funniness between them) gives Lou a call and puts in a good word for him. I'd actually like to have him in New Jersey at this point.

Hangemhigh

Dec 20, 2013
A good coach, a great guy, he worked really hard. Too bad the players didn't match the effort.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
He was a little too stubborn and lacking in some areas, but he was a fine coach, miles better than RW ever was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad