The Thread Where You Post Pictures of Penguins Players Off-the-Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
A friend of mine is an administrator at Edge School for Athletes in Calgary. He shows up for work this morning and who does he see taking a skate but Sid, Matt Duchene, and Kevin Shattenkirk.

GdCDQ7O.jpg

gfYmSqR.jpg

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009

Some tidbits from it:

-said he couldn't read or watch television while dealing with his concussion and that he loves to read
-said Dr.Carrick was actually helpful and gave him a timeline and a more positive outlook
-said since the concussion recovery, he's had zero concussion related symptoms since, including when he got his jaw shattered
-said he's happy with how it turned out and that he didn't rush back. said if he did, he may not be playing today.

Last edited:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Those can't be the real jerseys. Why don't they have the normal jersey v neck thing? That's part of why they look so awkward. Then there's the weird faux laces and the shiny stars. Then that stupid logo. I just don't understand what they were even trying to do.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
They are real. I think I read somewhere it's meant to be an homage to some previous year? Might be wrong.

Just be glad that they aren't as bad as the Buffalo jerseys.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
They are real. I think I read somewhere it's meant to be an homage to some previous year? Might be wrong.

Just be glad that they aren't as bad as the Buffalo jerseys.

I think it's worse to be honest.

Edit: nvm just saw the full front of the Buffalo jersey. That's pretty bad. Still I really dislike the USA jersey.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
As a general rule (with a few notable exceptions), Hockey Canada keeps it simple with Team Canada's jerseys and they usually look great. This USA jersey is one of the worst int'l jerseys I've ever seen.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Also, Crosby sounded like he was on the verge of falling asleep during that interview. He may be a great ambassador of the game, but he might be the most boring interview in the game, as well.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The USA jerseys are absolutely awful. On par with the mustard yellow Preds jerseys and the highlighter orange Isles ones.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Wingerz is the most negative person I have never met.

I had to laugh at the haircut comment. Here we've been waiting years for a talented, home-grown winger. So we finally have one... and the guy most angst-ridden among fans when it comes to winger depth... is *****ing about his haircut. His 20-something haircut. :laugh:

Confirmed: Wingerz is our Archie Bunker, and I defend to the death his right to stretch the limits of non-trolling negativity. Bunkers make America great. Even if they are meatheads.

"Yah yahhh, 60 point potential my eye! Why dontcha get a real haircut ya California Pinko?"

tumblr_m4741c5esg1r2cospo1_400.jpg

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Are those USA jerseys serious?

Lack of seriousness is the problem. ;) Looks like something designed by the Superfriends animator. "That's great JP, can we get a shot with Aquaman the all-American water hero wearing this jersey? No Aquaman... he's on sabbatical? What about the Green Lantern... he's got his own movie JP, he's hot right now at the box office and the young ladies love him! Gotta get these kids into USA hockey!"

Those can't be the real jerseys. Why don't they have the normal jersey v neck thing? That's part of why they look so awkward. Then there's the weird faux laces and the shiny stars. Then that stupid logo.

Neither did the designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad