OT: The Thread About Nothing Part 189: Remembering Mogilny 100 Years From Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Haha I think it's funny the Meadowlands Arena still has the little monitors in the corners with the shots of the matches and intros on the screens!

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
I was at Summerslam when that was held at Izod years ago. Think that was the first WWE event I had ever been to despite being a fan for a while when I was a kid (don't watch anymore/haven't in years). The crowd was pretty damn good that night. It seems like it always is for events in NJ, or at least in that building.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was at Summerslam when that was held at Izod years ago. Think that was the first WWE event I had ever been to despite being a fan for a while when I was a kid (don't watch anymore/haven't in years). The crowd was pretty damn good that night. It seems like it always is for events in NJ, or at least in that building.

That was like back in 97 or something wasn't it? I just remember my buddies going. I think that was the year Owen Hart hurt Austin's neck doing a piledriver.

I try to watch WWE sometimes, but it's hard when they're pushing Mark Henry in the main events of Raw. Seriously? Really? Mark Henry? That dude wasn't even main eventing Raw back in 1998 when he was actually in halfway decent shape. And Ryback? Really? Vince never gives up all these big muscle heads does he?:laugh:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
That was like back in 97 or something wasn't it? I just remember my buddies going. I think that was the year Owen Hart hurt Austin's neck doing a piledriver.

I try to watch WWE sometimes, but it's hard when they're pushing Mark Henry in the main events of Raw. Seriously? Really? Mark Henry? That dude wasn't even main eventing Raw back in 1998 when he was actually in halfway decent shape. And Ryback? Really? Vince never gives up all these big muscle heads does he?:laugh:

No, not that far back. Very well could have hosted it then, but that's not when I was there. I want to say it was 07? Very outside shot 08 but I'm pretty confident 07. I was into wrestling as a kid (90s) and was out of it in the 2000s until college. For whatever reason, my school had all of the PPVs on for free in the student center so I ended up going for the hell of it. Combine that plus the video game was pretty awesome that first year and I got back into it for a couple of years. Didn't watch the weekly shows though really during that time (maybe Raw in some cases though), so when the PPV well dried up, due to them not showing them anymore by the end of my term in college, I kinda fell back out of it a few years ago.

EDIT: I want to say it was Cena/Orton for the title was the main event? Don't think that was their first main event for a PPV of that year or anything though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No, not that far back. Very well could have hosted it then, but that's not when I was there. I want to say it was 07? Very outside shot 08 but I'm pretty confident 07. I was into wrestling as a kid (90s) and was out of it in the 2000s until college. For whatever reason, my school had all of the PPVs on for free in the student center so I ended up going for the hell of it. Combine that plus the video game was pretty awesome that first year and I got back into it for a couple of years. Didn't watch the weekly shows though really during that time (maybe Raw in some cases though), so when the PPV well dried up, due to them not showing them anymore by the end of my term in college, I kinda fell back out of it a few years ago.

EDIT: I want to say it was Cena/Orton for the title was the main event? Don't think that was their first main event for a PPV of that year or anything though.

Oh okay haha then I guess they did have it there in 07. I have only watched it sporadically over the last 15 years. Everytime I turn it on they're still pushing Cena, or pushing one of these muscle heads with bulging veins like this dude who just beat up on Cena.

So was this a heel turn? I think almost all fans seem to be turning on Cena. Should have been a heel turn, but I the fans are sick and tired of Cena and were loving the beat down. I think they went like 1.5 years without giving Cena the WWE championship!:laugh:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
BG, to continue from the last thread, I don't really have a problem with stocking fish for the most part, I just do think they are ugly looking.

Tomorrow I'm making a "Broodstock trip" to try to catch one of the bonus 3lb to 7lb put and take lunkers the state stocks in a local pond. Ugly or not, one of those would make a heckuva meal. That'll be the only attempt of the season for that though, there's really no sport in catching 50 trout in 2 hours in a pond in which you know the exact date they stock. The rest of my fishing will be on water no larger than the South Branch of the Raritan River, and much of it on streams only 10 to 30 feet across. But for tomorrow, I'm 100% sure to be dining on 6 freshly caught rainbow trout. Gotta get an early return on that $33 fishing license!

The fishery for wild browns on this side of the river is actually really really good if you know what you're doing. So many creeks are loaded with them but so few people realize it, which is fine with me :)

I'm sure it's great, but honestly the trout fishing on this side of the river in Hunterdon and Warren county is substantially better, it's not even a contest. Given you love it so much, and how close you live, have you considered buying an out-of-state fishing license and trout stamp? I think it's only about $50 bucks, and it would open up literally dozens of rivers and streams for you to fish that are no more than 15 to 35 minutes from where you live (assuming you're in downtown Bethlehem).

EDIT: Just looked it up, it's $54 for a NJ OOS fishing license with a NJ Trout stamp.

Margaret Thatcher died today. Love or hate her politics, you have to respect and admire her personal strength and her conviction in her beliefs. A great Briton, for sure.

She was an absolutely amazing human being. RIP.

Last edited:

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I might consider an NJ license. Send me a list of some specific spots (like down to where exactly to park) and I'll give it a shot. I just don't know the spots in NJ so I haven't bothered to get a license there in the past.

Dec 10, 2008
NoDak now NYC area
Shot a 77 in my first round of the year last Sunday at Paramus golf course. Not hard by any stretch of the imagination but I started off 3 over through 3 (which included two 3 putts) and then finished 2 over in my final 15 including a double on 17. Hit the ball damn good after the first three.

Only thing I want this year is a new driver. Looking at the new Cobra or Ping.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Shot a 77 in my first round of the year last Sunday at Paramus golf course. Not hard by any stretch of the imagination but I started off 3 over through 3 (which included two 3 putts) and then finished 2 over in my final 15 including a double on 17. Hit the ball damn good after the first three.

Only thing I want this year is a new driver. Looking at the new Cobra or Ping.

Pretty damn good. I thinking of going out this afternoon for the first time this year. I hope to break 90. Goal for the end of the season is averaging in the high 70's but with one under par round.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I might consider an NJ license. Send me a list of some specific spots (like down to where exactly to park) and I'll give it a shot. I just don't know the spots in NJ so I haven't bothered to get a license there in the past.

The state already does this (link below). It's a list of parking access organized by County to all the streams/rivers/ponds stocked with trout in the state.

I think you'd find value in the license just to be able to fish the Ken Lockwood Gorge. It's the only water I've seen in this region that reminds me of fishing back in Vermont, clear cold mountain fed water with high embankments on each side (i.e. a gorge) and tree cover literally the entire run. Great aeration and big boulders etc... It is a NJ trout conservation area with wild trout so you're only allowed to take one 15" fish per day, but my guess is most people who go there are just catch-and-release fishing anyway.

KenLockwoodGorge1.jpg

http://www.nj.gov/dep/fgw/accesscnty.htm#Hunterdon

Cicadas are coming. You all have been warned.

This weekend I'll bet. Isnt it something like the day after temps have been in the 60s for 3 straight days? Ground needs to be the correct temperature for emergence.

EDIT: Here it is....
The cicadas are expected to emerge once soil temperatures at about 8 inches (20 centimeters) in depth warm to about 63 °F (17°C).

http://project.wnyc.org/cicadas/

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I haven't kept a fish in many years. I just like to be out. Catching fish is a great bonus.

And honestly I'm not interested in stocked fish. Not at all. I'm looking for class A wild trout streams :) Thanks for the link. I'll definitely consider it once I'm done pouring all my money into this fish tank.

JRZ DVLS

Try Brubag*****
Feb 21, 2007
NC,ILL,NorNJ,Roch
www.brubag.com
Not cool dude, not cool...
i know, i know...
Ya, sorry I'm not around as much. :laugh:
Me niether, been busy since our company was bought, and big brother has been watching over me since my sales guy left. not a pretty ordeal. Feel like more of a lurker now, less posting.

Cicadas are coming. You all have been warned.

Cicadas eh? Well i live west. So the ones here will hopefully go the hell away. It's still cold in Buffalo too :laugh:
Cicadas were out here in the Midwest a few years ago with a vengeance. heard them all day, kinda remind me of the vuvuzelas at the world cup. the sound is just...There.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
shot a 77 in my first round of the year last sunday at paramus golf course. Not hard by any stretch of the imagination but i started off 3 over through 3 (which included two 3 putts) and then finished 2 over in my final 15 including a double on 17. Hit the ball damn good after the first three.

Only thing i want this year is a new driver. Looking at the new cobra or ping.

ping

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
i was in the process of emailing my professor that she could kindly **** off because it's my birthday and i have a cold when i got an email saying class was cancelled. i'll take it

also poni and i share a birthday, so we're essentially bffl's. i'll get you guys marty's autograph.

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Hmm... you guys are better at golf than I am.... Put up an 86 last week in my first round of the year (par 65 course though). Played a par 72 today and was pretty miserable with a 100. Considering I sprayed the ball all over the course though, it could have been far worse. I chipped rather well, putt pretty terribly today. Meh. I usually put up low to mid 90s, so I'll deal with it for so early in the year, especially since the course was still a little "off" (greens just aerated, very sandy, etc).

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
i was in the process of emailing my professor that she could kindly **** off because it's my birthday and i have a cold when i got an email saying class was cancelled. i'll take it

also poni and i share a birthday, so we're essentially bffl's. i'll get you guys marty's autograph.

My birthday was yesterday. I spent it at work...

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Hmm... you guys are better at golf than I am.... Put up an 86 last week in my first round of the year (par 65 course though). Played a par 72 today and was pretty miserable with a 100. Considering I sprayed the ball all over the course though, it could have been far worse. I chipped rather well, putt pretty terribly today. Meh. I usually put up low to mid 90s, so I'll deal with it for so early in the year, especially since the course was still a little "off" (greens just aerated, very sandy, etc).

i'm not much better than you. I think the best i'll do with any consistency is in the high 80's. i'll have the occasional 79 on a 72, but usually not much better than that.

i reeaaaally want to get out and play a round soon. hopefully i can make it out this sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad