OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVII: The sNOwstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
reminder: don't trust craigslist ads.

I tried to resell shoes for the first time, and got scammed. the worst part is she looked super trustworthy, but then I had the google pay transaction cancelled on me. so now i'm out $350

You mean she showed up in person to buy shoes from you? Then later cancelled and electronic transaction.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
You mean she showed up in person to buy shoes from you? Then later cancelled and electronic transaction.
yeah.

the girl seemed trustworthy, and didn't dress like a hood rat, but then once everything was checked w her, the whole thing was cancelled

couldn't call her phone, since it was text only, and then it was completely blocked

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
reminder: don't trust craigslist ads.

I tried to resell shoes for the first time, and got scammed. the worst part is she looked super trustworthy, but then I had the google pay transaction cancelled on me. so now i'm out $350
That sucks man. Sorry that happened to you.

I really don't trust selling anything on craiglist, but I know plenty of people who've done alright on it.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
That sucks man. Sorry that happened to you.

I really don't trust selling anything on craiglist, but I know plenty of people who've done alright on it.
i think i jumped at the idea of making good profit too quickly, and the timing seemed so perfect, that she'd be willing to buy it right now, coming to me.

i totally fell for her story hook line and sinker. something about a gift for her boyfriend and some shit like that. this is a lesson that i shouldn't have tried to break into the shoe game

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
i think i jumped at the idea of making good profit too quickly, and the timing seemed so perfect, that she'd be willing to buy it right now, coming to me.

i totally fell for her story hook line and sinker. something about a gift for her boyfriend and some **** like that. this is a lesson that i shouldn't have tried to break into the shoe game
I can't blame you, as I know a lot of people that have used it and did alright.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

i totally fell for her story hook line and sinker. something about a gift for her boyfriend and some **** like that. this is a lesson that i shouldn't have tried to break into the shoe game
Cash only!

Reactions: OmNomNom

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

stick to ebay in the future and just ship them. there’s a lot more protection (for buys and sellers) when shit like this happens.

$350 is a lot of money. if you have her number and proof that her payment didn’t go through, i’d file a police report

Reactions: BenedictGomez

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...tar-wants-18m-for-massive-jersey-mansion/amp/

I guess this means kovy isn’t coming back...property taxes are a bargain at $44,000. I pay nearly 14k for a house 1/10th the size.

$44k for two acres and a f***ing mansion in Alpine.

$8.2K for 1/5 acre and our small-ish house in my town which basically means $82K for two acres if you wanted to over-simplify the math.

Must be amazing being that wealthy and paying effectively half the property taxes. That's what you get when your municipality only has 230 K-8 students and no high school.

"overtaxed" o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: BenedictGomez

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
My goodness I started an unintended war at work yesterday...All I said was, "the concept of multi-tasking is a myth"

Someone asked: "Can't those two tasks be performed in parallel?"
Me: "Sure, with two resources"
Them: "Haven't you ever heard of multi-tasking"
Me: "The concept of multi-tasking is a myth"

Boom - Escalation!

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
stick to ebay in the future and just ship them. there’s a lot more protection (for buys and sellers) when **** like this happens.

$350 is a lot of money. if you have her number and proof that her payment didn’t go through, i’d file a police report
its a burner # i think, idk if this is even doable but i guess worth trying

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Yeezys or Jordans?

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I sold a camera for over $1000 once on Craigslist. I took cash.

If you used Google Pay, contact them and see if you can do something about it.

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Ah, crazy. Yeah I wouldn't ever do electronic payment. It's to easy to stop unless you wait for it to clear. Best of luck getting your money back though.
no way i'm getting the money back but thanks lol. idk if i should continue to try this shoe game business to recomp my $ or just take it as a hard lesson and stop

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I'm not familiar with GOOG pay, but I gather it has no seller protections like Square does or PayPal does?

And no matter what, you should alert GOOG to the theft, because if GOOG aren't alerted that the cancellation is fraud, she can keep doing it to other people.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
My goodness I started an unintended war at work yesterday...All I said was, "the concept of multi-tasking is a myth"

Someone asked: "Can't those two tasks be performed in parallel?"
Me: "Sure, with two resources"
Them: "Haven't you ever heard of multi-tasking"
Me: "The concept of multi-tasking is a myth"

Boom - Escalation!

why do you feel it’s a myth? it’s definitely not ideal to not focus 100% of your energy into one project at a time, but i can’t remember the last time i was working on one thing

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I'm not familiar with GOOG pay, but I gather it has no seller protections like Square does or PayPal does?

And no matter what, you should alert GOOG to the theft, because if GOOG aren't alerted that the cancellation is fraud, she can keep doing it to other people.
idk how to do that honestly

plus what's stopping them from making a new account

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
idk how to do that honestly

plus what's stopping them from making a new account

if you PM me the phone number i can look it up to see if it’s a burner or not. i have a subscription to one of those apps that gets a lot of info based on the number

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
honestly i totally did, so maybe that's sneaker god's revenge on me

Nah, a lot of ppl do the same thing. A few I know who sell and actually keep buy two pairs. They'll inevitably sell one which would usually pay for both in the initial purchase.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
not a sneaker head.

although my affinity for fitted/snapback hats and soccer jerseys makes up the difference.

i own maybe 30 hats. haven't counted in a while. and yes the vast majority of them are teams i actually root for. think i have like five different packers hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad