OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVII: The sNOwstorm

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Hunter was in the 1-2 ft forecast. Currently sitting at 8.5".

But Gore saying they have 20" on the ground.

Jim Cantore was in Woodstock Vt, and the quality of the snow was really good, light and dry, now that was this morning, but it's interesting that a storm which went rainier then expected in it's southern range, is still producing light and fluffy up north.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
around 2 inches of snow, seems like a half inch of ice, a skating rink and it will freeze up even worse tonight/tomorrrow

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
79F6264A-CD29-4971-865E-3C59078E4089.gif

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Enjoyed the eclipse more than watching the Pats win again.

Zero snow where I live, but I got stuck overnight in North Haledon with a few inches of icy snow and shit conditions.

I have zero issue starting at 25% and going up from there depending on the conditions and all that.

Too many folks go 10% and down even in the real bad weather. I also did the delivery grind when I was younger so I am bias.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So Jay Peak had 65 mph winds and a -60 wind chill at it's peak.

Completely closed the mountain.

I've been there where they closed everything but the bunny hill lifts, never seen the mountain completely closed down.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So Jay Peak had 65 mph winds and a -60 wind chill at it's peak.

Completely closed the mountain. I've been there where they closed everything but the bunny hill lifts, never seen the mountain completely closed down.

I was supposed to go up there Friday night to ski Saturday and Sunday, but pulled the plug when I saw the total weather report. Yesterday would have been awesome (assuming you could even get to the mountain) on something like 18" of new snow, but the entire holiday weekend was extremely cold, and I was afraid the normally 50 minute drive to Jay Peak would take me 2.5 hours.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
sausage update

apple smoking is complete……ended up with 76 sausages out of 48 lbs of useable meat and fat……..now to dry and cure for about 2/3 weeks before vacuum packing

…..might do another batch in a couple weeks without smoke to just pack and freeze and use for BBQs …….thinking i might try some caraway style as well as a pineapple type………

why the f*** not?!

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
i dont know where to post this but so i'll just do it here.

twitter has a clip the devils showing that snow storm game against the flames. two part question. 1 why don't the devils replay these old games? I mean they have to have some type of rights to them no? 2. in the twitter clip the guy is wearing a sweater thats made up showing the date the score and all that. think this would be a big part of devils "history" if the devils lost the game? would look kinda weird every year to bring this story out if the devils got smacked 8-1? double so to make up a sweater for it and celebrate it?

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010

twitter has a clip the devils showing that snow storm game against the flames. two part question. 1 why don't the devils replay these old games? I mean they have to have some type of rights to them no? 2. in the twitter clip the guy is wearing a sweater thats made up showing the date the score and all that. think this would be a big part of devils "history" if the devils lost the game? would look kinda weird every year to bring this story out if the devils got smacked 8-1? double so to make up a sweater for it and celebrate it?

MSG use to show "classic" games but it's been a long time since they have.

The NHL use to have a video streaming service called the vault but you can't just buy that anymore. I dont subscribe to to game center so I'm not sure if they still have old games on there but the vault use to have a bunch of old important games.

Reactions: Bleedred

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village

Yeah. It would be fun to re-watch a few games not related to our cup runs:

First game
First win
The Mickey Mouse Game
334 game.
First time making it to the playoffs
The entire 87-88 Cinderella playoff run including the Doughnut game and the aftermath game.
I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind right off the top of my head.

Maybe historic games like Fetisov's first game, etc.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

First game
First win
The Mickey Mouse Game
334 game.
The entire 87-88 Cinderella playoff run including the Doughnut game and the aftermath game.
I'm sure there's more, but that's what comes to mind right off the top of my head.

heres the thing too they have to start acting on this stuff before these people that lived it are gone.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
MSG use to show "classic" games but it's been a long time since they have.

The NHL use to have a video streaming service called the vault but you can't just buy that anymore. I dont subscribe to to game center so I'm not sure if they still have old games on there but the vault use to have a bunch of old important games.
I used to love NHL vault for the offseason. I could watch any game I wanted from like 2007-2008 up to present and even like over 100 classic games, like almost every game from a couple of our cup runs.

I'm annoyed they took it away. I would have spent $10 bucks a month for it to keep it, up from the $5 bucks or whatever it cost at the time.

I'm still livid that they don't allow me to purchase it. I think it doesn't come out to average a whole hell of a lot more than $10 bucks a month for 12 months for game center, but I don't want that when I have center ice. I don't have a reliable enough computer or device to watch games live on them, so I just use center ice. If I get shoddy service while watching something old, that I already know the outcome of, it's not a big deal. Like with the NHL vault.

Yeah, they stopped doing that around New Years of 2016, when they partnered with the MLB or whatever happened there.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

First game
First win
The Mickey Mouse Game
334 game.

Several years ago MSG would air some older games during a summer series program they did and the Mickey Mouse game was among them. The first game and wins would be great to see.

Even some of the more memorable games in the team history with or without having do to with a cup run. McKay in OT vs Boston in 95. Elias vs Philly in 2000. Holding the Leafs to 6 shots in 2001. Madden and McKay 4 goals a piece vs Pittsburgh. Marshall 3OT 2003. Friesen vs Ottawa 2003. Marty wins record (coming up on 10 years ago this St Patty's day already). Plenty of others as well.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

First game
First win
The Mickey Mouse Game
334 game.

First game was the first win against Pittsburgh.

Edit:
Ah it was a tie 3-3... somehow I remembered it as a win :)

First win was the next game against the Rangers..

My memory is getting worse and worse.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Unless you count preseason, which was against the Rangers. I have tickets from both in my "Devils history collection". The latter was tough to find, the former was a miracle.
Did you go to the games? Did you know the ticket owners or are they collectors items?

Either way it is pretty cool that you have them.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Did you go to the games? Did you know the ticket owners or are they collectors items?

Either way it is pretty cool that you have them.

No, I was pretty little at the time, I didnt go to my first game until 1985 (saw Muller, and Lemieux as rookies). I bought the tickets as collector items. I also have a pendant from Game 1 and a few Game 1 programs.

EDIT: Just did some sleuthing, March 30, 1985, a 6-4 win. I have that ticket somewhere too. Anyone know a site where you can look up old box scores?

Reactions: Aethon
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->