OT: The Thread About Nada Thing Part 202 (Not Much going on these days) Pfffffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
IMG_0084.jpg

you can see sunspots here

IMG_0102.jpg

and now the ones in the middle of the sun have been blocked and the ones on the bottom right are a bit clearer

2e58b3o.jpg

taken a few minutes before maximum

taken via iPhone through a 25mm eyepiece on a 114mm telescope

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It did get a little dark, but not too dark. Kind of looked like what it looks like when a thunderstorm is about to happen, only the sky wasn't really cloudy. The sky actually looked kind of neat. It was also really hazy, hot and humid, like it is here every day from May-October. So that lessens the blue in the sky.

I work at a resort hotel, so many of the guests were outside watching it and on the beach watching it.

Scorcho

Twitter @AmateurAdult11
Apr 16, 2010
Space
We get another one in 2024 that will be better in NJ, 90% versus the ~72% today. I plan on skiing in VT for that one, it'll be a total eclipse up there.

Yeah, I was pretty impressed, you could even see the clouds as they passed in front.

I was thinking about renting a boat and going out onto lake erie

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It did get a little dark, but not too dark.

That's about what happened here too, it got a bit pre-dusky or as you said, similar in lighting as when the sky is filled with dark storm clouds. There was also a noticeable drop in temperature.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
So Coke replaced Coke Zero with Coke Zero Sugar, and I while I really liked Coke Zero, I think Coke Zero Sugar is nasty with a massive lemon infusion taste.

Luckily I prefer Pepsi Maxx to Coke Zero, but the gf is a Coke Zero fan and not happy about this. Might have to stock up on the old version before the shelves are empty.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So Coke replaced Coke Zero with Coke Zero Sugar, and I while I really liked Coke Zero, I think Coke Zero Sugar is nasty with a massive lemon infusion taste.

Luckily I prefer Pepsi Maxx to Coke Zero, but the gf is a Coke Zero fan and not happy about this. Might have to stock up on the old version before the shelves are empty.

coca cola life is a pretty good medium if you can find it

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

I always liked Coke Zero if I wasn't drinking regular Coke. You heathens can keep your Pepsi.

I however usually just drink water now a days.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
All 6 of the PowerBall numbers drawn tonight are < 31, which likely means somebody finally won (possibly multiple somebodies).

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
It's pretty hard to believe we can top the ESPN story mentioned above in less than a week, but America doesnt disappoint.

So the ACLU, whose mission statement practically revolves around protecting freedom of speech, tweets out a pic of a cute little girl with a US flag and wearing an ACLU "free speech" onesie, and Twitter erupts in anger because the child is white (no, really, this actually happened).

But it got even crazier, when the ACLU sent out a Tweet in response APOLOGIZING for using a white child in its' clothing advertisement!

The world is officially bat**** insane.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/23/aclu-apologizes-for-tweeting-photo-of-white-baby-with-u-s-flag/

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It's pretty hard to believe we can top the ESPN story mentioned above in less than a week, but America doesnt disappoint.

So the ACLU, whose mission statement practically revolves around protecting freedom of speech, tweets out a pic of a cute little girl with a US flag and wearing an ACLU "free speech" onesie, and Twitter erupts in anger because the child is white (no, really, this actually happened).

But it got even crazier, when the ACLU sent out a Tweet in response APOLOGIZING for using a white child in its' clothing advertisement!

The world is officially bat**** insane.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/08/23/aclu-apologizes-for-tweeting-photo-of-white-baby-with-u-s-flag/

I just don't even know what to say anymore...

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Do yourself a favor and stop paying attention.

Trust me, I try. Sensible people can't just ignore everything though because before we know it, they will start changing things that really matter just to appease the whiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad