The Ted Lindsay Award

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
So twice? Not exactly convincing, especially because Ovi is pacing for a lot more points than he had in those 2 years.

Crosby was 2nd last year, Ovi was 2nd in 2014-2015, Ovechkin won in 2013, Stamkos was 2nd in 2011-2012, Perry was 2nd in 2010-2011, Crosby was 3rd in 2009-2010...the list goes on.

Yes but here's what your missing. Crosby was 2nd in points last year. Ovechkin was third in points. Stamkos was 2nd in points. Crosby was 2nd in points in 09-10.

Ovechkin is 7th in scoring.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Love caps fans. Ovechkin is having a good season and he deserves the lindsay\hart. No... he is having a good season nothing more

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yes but here's what your missing. Crosby was 2nd in points last year. Ovechkin was third in points. Stamkos was 2nd in points. Crosby was 2nd in points in 09-10.

Ovechkin is 7th in scoring.

And Ovechkin is going to finish well over a PPG this year, while in the years he wasn't nominated, he only had 70 points.

You're letting your fanboy get the best of you. If Ovi finishes with 85-90 points and win the rocket, it's totally possible he wins the Richard. Guys like Claude Giroux or Blake Wheeler, who are above him in scoring, aren't going to get votes over Ovi.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Love caps fans. Ovechkin is having a good season and he deserves the lindsay\hart. No... he is having a good season nothing more

love you, kessel is behind ovechkin in goals and points, yet he deserves the hart more

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
And Ovechkin is going to finish well over a PPG this year, while in the years he wasn't nominated, he only had 70 points.
If ovechkin wins the Richard and finishes top 3 in scoring he will be nominated. If he finishes outside the top 5. He will not regardless of the rocket. There are many better players this year

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
If ovechkin wins the Richard and finishes top 3 in scoring he will be nominated. If he finishes outside the top 5. He will not regardless of the rocket. There are many better players this year

like phil kessel right?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Care to share tomorrow's lottery numbers too? Since you can obviously tell the future.

Do you really think Ovechkin wouldn't be nominated for the Lindsay if he wins the Richard and finishes 6th in points? What if he's only a point behind 5th, is he not going to be nominated? Do you really think players will solely vote based on point totals?

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Care to share tomorrow's lottery numbers too? Since you can obviously tell the future.

Do you really think Ovechkin wouldn't be nominated for the Lindsay if he wins the Richard and finishes 6th in points? What if he's only a point behind 5th, is he not going to be nominated? Do you really think players will solely vote based on point totals?
I just know my hockey. Ovechkin will not be nominated. You can quote this

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
I just know my hockey. Ovechkin will not be nominated. You can quote this

I get what pipeline leaks now, but it isn't for me that important thing whomever takes this pot. Just noting that there are still games left, and if Ovi will pull yet another Rocket with decent margin, it's not that clear you can write him of. At least just now.

What if he scores 50+ goals?

And yes, I prefer Ovi more when searching some target for emotional attachments and investments. :)

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I might still be bitter, but Karlsson led the league in assist and scored 82 points as a defensemen and didn’t get a look on any trophies.

I can’t imagine McDavid would be different but one big thing:

This is an award voted on by PLAYERS. I’m hard pressed to believe that McDavid won’t get any less or more consideration based on team standing, so short answer- anything is possible.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I might still be bitter, but Karlsson led the league in assist and scored 82 points as a defensemen and didn’t get a look on any trophies.

I can’t imagine McDavid would be different but one big thing:

This is an award voted on by PLAYERS. I’m hard pressed to believe that McDavid won’t get any less or more consideration based on team standing, so short answer- anything is possible.

Difference is defensemen rarely get support for the award

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
well looking at the past winners, it doesnt seem that any non playoff guy has won it but that doesnt mean he cant, it will just be unlikely

Mario won it in 85-86, despite not making the playoffs. Interesting is that Wayne had 74 more points than Mario that season.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
If season ended today Kucherov wins 100% no questions asked

I feel as though the others in contention are Malkin and maybe MacKinnon. Ovi could be a candidate but needs to finish a bit higher in the scoring race. As of now he simply wouldn't cut it.

McDavid could be a finalist and even win if he finished with a Ross and enough points. As of now I'll predict he doesn't though

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Mcdavid has a point on 43% of all Oilers goals which I'm pretty sure is the highest percentage in the league. Theres not much he can do more to help make the Oilers better. It should be between him and Mackinnon for the Hart but won't be since the rest of the Oilers are so bad. As for the Ted lindsay if he ends up with the art ross he should definitely win it.

Reactions: snipes

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017
Mcdavid has a point on 43% of all Oilers goals which I'm pretty sure is the highest percentage in the league. Theres not much he can do more to help make the Oilers better. It should be between him and Mackinnon for the Hart but won't be since the rest of the Oilers are so bad. As for the Ted lindsay if he ends up with the art ross he should definitely win it.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Mario won it in 85-86, despite not making the playoffs. Interesting is that Wayne had 74 more points than Mario that season.

Yeah, there was a lot of talk about that one. Like that some players were just fed up with Wayne constantly winning everything. I remember the talk was that if Lemieux had Coffey he would have had 200 points and not Gretzky. Funny enough Lemieux's 199 point season was with Coffey while Gretzky did 168 with the Kings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad