Post-Game Talk: the team very few people care about right now vs western canada 10:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Time to sleep in order to wake up for the Skins game. See some of you in the GDT in a few hours.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't see any way you could watch that game and say that Sanford is more deserving of top 3 line assignment than Tom Wilson. He was outstanding.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
interesting to see the lines against stronger opponents. i think if they struggle, trotz needs to stick to that. could pay huge payoffs in the postseason with offense that's spread out.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Sanford is not that bad for a rookie. And he's quicker than I thought he'd be with that size.

Ofc, Wilson being the 2M winger and the only RW on a contract for next year is bound to play more minutes. Not a knock on Sanford.

I guess Sanford didn't show anything like a shot yet, is there anything to show at all?

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I don't see any way you could watch that game and say that Sanford is more deserving of top 3 line assignment than Tom Wilson. He was outstanding.

i might be in minority, but i really like this kid. he has speed and size and hockey iq for sure. the puck follows him. he is timid though now, like respecting too much and watching the game instead of creating. plus he's being pushed a lot, but with the experience he'll be a really good 3C down the road for us. i think he's smart and has nice tools. so hopefully the caps will develop him properly.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sanford is not that bad for a rookie. And he's quicker than I thought he'd be with that size.

Ofc, Wilson being the 2M winger and the only RW on a contract for next year is bound to play more minutes. Not a knock on Sanford.

I guess Sanford didn't show anything like a shot yet, is there anything to show at all?

its not a knock on Sanford. He's a rookie. Wilson is not. Wilson is assertive and the kid is not. He's a rookie. He makes nice plays and I bet he grows into a nice player. Wilson meanwhile doesn't need to be on the 4th line

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Why is Ovechkin barely playing? 15 minutes tonight???

It' probably sucks for your fantasy team, doesn't it? :laugh: I'm OK with him playing a bit of reduced minutes against lesser opponents if it means he'll be fresher when it counts.

All around great effort from the guys tonight. Small sample and against a struggling team but the new lines looked pretty good together. Hopefully they can keep the train rolling for the rest of the trip.

Also Gruby has been killer so far this year. He's such a fantastic backup now, Mitch Korn really is a goaltending god when he fine tunes somebody who already has natural ability.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
the only thing I saw that worried me was Orlov was unable to prevent the pass on two 2 on 1 breaks that he was defending. He needs to get that figured out better. Gruby picked him up both times.

Thought Kuzy looked better. I just think Johansson plays to Kuzy's strenths and compliments him better.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
It' probably sucks for your fantasy team, doesn't it? :laugh: I'm OK with him playing a bit of reduced minutes against lesser opponents if it means he'll be fresher when it counts.

All around great effort from the guys tonight. Small sample and against a struggling team but the new lines looked pretty good together. Hopefully they can keep the train rolling for the rest of the trip.

Also Gruby has been killer so far this year. He's such a fantastic backup now, Mitch Korn really is a goaltending god when he fine tunes somebody who already has natural ability.

grubauer this year is a class above the grubauer last year. he and holtby are so calm and routinely doing timely saves. we are so lucky to have mitch korn.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
after all that whining and moaning and fire trotz junk after the Edmonton game they are 4 2 and 1. Tampa Bay is 5 and 3.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Well, I think I'll take my words back (post on the roster topic) about 90 and 43 with 92:) . Wilson against canadians teams is always good:yo:

Where is the conclusive replay to overturn the goal????:rant:

I was very happy for the 3rd line, because they had a great game. I think we should stay with those lines more games. 3rd and 2nd were good. Put 26 instead of 10 or 82 and don't worry about the 1st, we all know what 8 and 19 can do, Williams is also a vet, so i'm not worried about.

Things I don't like since 2 games : Caps dominate the game, they have a very good shift, but this shift is ending by 2 on 1 against Caps.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Also, Orpik is playing so well that I think GMBM may offer #1 pick to McPhee to not pick him on expansion draft.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Fell asleep after then 2nd (the collateral damage of having a toddler is that I'm pretty much tapped out by 11:30, at the latest, every night) but much better effort. Nice response from the guys. I thought the lines clicked, minus Williams who had one of his signature stinkers last night. Not worried about him though. Let Ovie and Backstrom take the tough assignments and let lines 2-4 do what they did last night. The Canucks stink but the Caps could realistically have won that game 8-4.

2nd line Tom... encouraging. Really want to see him stay up there. Give him 30-40 games in a row in a top 6 role to play consistently with skilled players and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad