The Taylor Hall Thread II: Taylor Ham Edition

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Thanks for the replies guys. Much as I thought (and said) - Hall has been phenomenal for you guys when I've watched and I have missed him since he left.

@Bleedred no worries, it sort of comes with the territory when you're an Oilers fan posting about Hall here. I'm well aware of some of the nonsensical bashing of Hall that was going on last year. It's the same for Eberle now and Justin Schultz before (guess he wasn't too soft to be a key player on a Stanley cup team...). I'll never be pleased with the trade but I do think Larsson fulfilled a team need. The cost was just too high IMO. At least Hall went somewhere he's appreciated.

taylor hall next captain of the new jersey devils

Oh my God this would be amazing. The amount of Hall hater tears would be delicious if he captained a regular playoff team.

Last edited:

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
I was firmly aboard Palms being the next captain of the team going into the season, but there's no doubt in my mind now that it is Taylor Hall's team once he's signed long term.

Same here, last year I would have said Palmieri easily. This year though, it's clear this is Hall's team.

He leads by example with competitiveness, impact, and a persevering winning attitude. Though he's 26 he's the kind of veteran that our young guys can, and should look up to.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thanks for the replies guys. Much as I thought (and said) - Hall has been phenomenal for you guys when I've watched and I have missed him since he left.

@Bleedred no worries, it sort of comes with the territory when you're an Oilers fan posting about Hall here. I'm well aware of some of the nonsensical bashing of Hall that was going on last year. It's the same for Eberle now and Justin Schultz before (guess he wasn't too soft to be a key player on a Stanley cup team...). I'll never be pleased with the trade but I do think Larsson fulfilled a team need. The cost was just too high IMO. At least Hall went somewhere he's appreciated.

Oh my God this would be amazing. The amount of Hall hater tears would be delicious if he captained a regular playoff team.

He is definitely appreciated here. Organization values him a lot, and Shero spent time with him over the summer to talk about him moving on from the trade and bringing his game to the next level. Something he seems to have taken to heart.

He has also stated many times how at home he is in New Jersey now.

He really deserves playoff hockey and I hope this will be the year he finally gets to experience it. I predict him going fully beast mode in the post season.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
Love everything about what Taylor Hall has brought to the team this year. He's such a beast and much like Kovalchuk his passing ability has been the most pleasant surprise for me. I thought he was more of a natural goal scorer, but he's more of a volume shooter who gets his goals by constantly generating scoring chances and bringing the game to the opposition. His physical game has also been a nice suprise. He doesn't throw many checks but when he does he hits some guys so hard he knocks them into last week. The guy is a physical specimen and he might be the best pure athlete this organization has ever had.

When it comes to naming the next captain I'm so torn. I was firmly in the Palmieri camp. Mainly because he's locked up long term and is a Jersey guy, which I personally love. Kyle is also extremely skilled and is actually a better natural goal scorer than Hall, even though Hall has him beat in every other offensive category. Except for maybe hands cause Palmieri is dirty but now I'm just nitpicking. I just worry about locking Hall up long term, but it's looking more and more likely that he'll sign here long term. He seems to really like it here in New Jersey now that we're having success and he's surrounded by great talent in: Palmieri, Hischier, Schneider, Bratt, Vatanen and etc. All while being the focal point of the offense.

I wish we could name one of Palmieri or Hall captain right now, but I'm not for stripping the "C" off any captain. Especially the likes of Andy Greene who's been a great player and teammate for years. He's regressed as we all know, but Andy is still a damn good hockey player so I'm torn. How much longer is Greene signed for? Is it just two more season after this one? I know I'm being lazy .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad