The Taylor Hall Thread II: Taylor Ham Edition

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Kind of like how a terrible 5-on-5 player was somehow critical to the PP? :sarcasm:

Exactly :laugh:

I think I actually made that statement/comparison heading into the season. Not just a terrible player, THE worst producing 5v5 player in the league over 3 years.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hall is 10th in the league with a 1.05 PPG pace.

Elite.

His speed does look a little slower than before injury, but he's back to producing like he was never injured. Someone commented that his possession numbers were down from before his injury, but he was playing awesome and not scoring as much for a stretch before his injury. This is the percentages progressing to the mean.

We'd be sad without him.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
If the Devs make the playoffs, Hall deserves the Hart. IF they make it, no one can tell me there is a single player more important to his team's success this year.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
I think he is going to drag this team to the playoffs kicking and screaming.

He really does seem like a man on a mission. I'm sure it had to sting to watch Edmonton succeed last season while we flailed about in the basement, but it seems to have given him a little extra motivation to succeed this year. Obviously playing with a much more talented roster helps, but he really does seem like a man possessed out there, even when the rest of the team is struggling he's finding a way to get it done.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
Shero almost singlehandedly rebuilt the team by acquiring Hall. That trade was a complete and total robbery, you got a franchise level talent for a good but not great defenseman.

The Hall trade combined with getting Hischier first overall and Bratt coming out of nowhere has transformed the offense overnight. It all happened just like that. Boom. Your first line.

I always knew Hall was good in Edmonton but I never truly grasped how damn good he is. We are so incredibly lucky that Chiarelli took over in Edmonton.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I do like Larsson, it's not his fault that the GM that traded for him made a really poor decision. I like him and I'd be willing to trade a 2nd rounder for him today, to get him back, but let's serious here, he's a middle pairing guy. I think I'm generous in saying he's a #3 defenseman. Was very happy to have him while he was here, but I'm most happy that we had him on June 30th of 2016, when someone thought enough of him to trade us Taylor Hall for him.

The guy somehow acquired an unfair reputation in Edmonton. I always said that Chiarelli needed to bite the bullet and break up the team a little bit or make some kind of a change there, since the old regime kept going status quo and it wasn't working. I just figured he'd get proper value for Hall and Eberle, which he did not. Hall also developed a false reputation for being this bad defensive player, who refused to backcheck, thanks to some really poor goaltending and other scrub defenders and players in Edmonton. I even saw this stupid argument made when Cory struggled last season, despite the fact that Cory's save percentage when Hall was on the ice was actually higher than his overall save percentage and much higher than some of his on-ice save percentages in Edmonton.

And I'm tired of clearly inferior players getting ranked higher than Hall on some of these rankings.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Oilers fan here. Just dropping in to say that I’m thrilled that Hall is having a tremendous season for you guys. I was and still am a big fan of his, and as a result, have taken to rooting for you guys to be a playoff team this year. I think Hall is one of the most underrated players in the league.

That saucer pass to Hischier tonight was ridiculous.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oilers fan here. Just dropping in to say that I’m thrilled that Hall is having a tremendous season for you guys. I was and still am a big fan of his, and as a result, have taken to rooting for you guys to be a playoff team this year. I think Hall is one of the most underrated players in the league.

Thanks, it is appreciated. There's always been a few Oilers fans, who have remained staunch supporters of Hall, so I do sympathize with those few when I see what's going on there right now.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Thank you, you !ost a great player who seems to be getting better.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Thankfully we beat cancer last night.

If Wood grew a brain he could be Hall

Eh Idk about that. I think Hall is a much better skater overall. He's not just fast.

Hall is certainly a better overall skater, and more skilled in general. Much more.

Hall doesn't strike me as an overly intelligent hockey player. Not saying he lacks IQ, but his is not a thinking game. But he like Wood has an incredible motor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad