The Tank Megathread Part IV -- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I hate to base an opinion solely off the WJC's, but there's no doubt Juolevi has improved his value. I think you have to consider him at the 6 or 7 spot (along with Nylander). Has Chychrun fallen out of the top 5? I don't think so yet, but let's see how the next few months go.

Its more Chychrun's underwhelming season that has closed the gap between him and the rest.

If he doesn't pick up his game, I wouldn't be surprise if he does fall out of the top 5.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Its more Chychrun's underwhelming season that has closed the gap between him and the rest.

If he doesn't pick up his game, I wouldn't be surprise if he does fall out of the top 5.
And then he'll pick it up after the draft. And then one team is gonna feel so good of themselve. And then couple teams will be like“ WHY did we pass on him?"

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Does he have a similar slap shot, because I would say that's a pretty big part of Weber's game.

He has a better slapshot than his wrister, but Weber does have one of the best though.

As tough and physical as Weber.

Mobile and has a lot of speed.

He already exceeded Ekblad's rookie season.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
And then he'll pick it up after the draft. And then one team is gonna feel so good of themselve. And then couple teams will be like“ WHY did we pass on him?"

that's the million dollar question, who will develop after the draft -- especially applies to D.

Personally, I feel the riser is a better bet than the faller.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
that's the million dollar question, who will develop after the draft -- especially applies to D.

Personally, I feel the riser is a better bet than the faller.

Every single year. There are always a couple players who had a decline year before the draft and fell down a couple spots. But then they will just pick it up right away post draft.

Robongo01

May 13, 2013
Vancouver
Well what's he gonna say? "yeah, we're tanking" wouldn't really go over well.

No GM will readily admit that their team is tanking, and I really don't think this team is thinking about that. They just suck.

He won't admit it because he actually believed that this team he assembled this year had what it took to not only make the playoffs, but be better built for the playoffs! :laugh::laugh: That is utterly terrifying :cry:

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Craig Button's mock draft has us picking Alex Nylander at number 5, with Chychrun going 6th and Juolevi going 7th.

Given Nylander is a winger I'm not sure I like this. Would prefer Chychrun at 5 if he falls unless his value continues to fall and Nylander puts up a monster second half.

Definitely would prefer Chychrun at 5. Allows the team to pick up a potential number 1 defenseman who can carry the load when the team is ready to start contending again. Picking up either him or Matthews in the draft would make me feel a lot more comfortable with moving assets for a winger like Drouin (if he's still available at the draft).

canwincup

Aug 28, 2008
Van city
He has a better slapshot than his wrister, but Weber does have one of the best though.

As tough and physical as Weber.

Mobile and has a lot of speed.

He already exceeded Ekblad's rookie season.

I'm really hoping we get him if the Big 3 are already gone.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
I'm not a scout so I don't know

well I'm not too so thats fine.

by point is chychrun hasn't had as good a season so far, and dman are always harder to project.

Personally atm, If I had a choice between Tkachuk/Chychrun at 5, I probably go with Tkachuk.

once d.sedin retires, we also have a #1lw hole.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
We have a good chance at 4th overall... Which means one of the Finns or Chychryn would still be around. Fingers crossedddddd.

Edit: not a big Tkachuk fan.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
We have a good chance at 4th overall... Which means one of the Finns or Chychryn would still be around. Fingers crossedddddd.

Edit: not a big Tkachuk fan.

Huge decision if two of Laine, Puljujarvi, or Chychryn are still on the table.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
What is he gonna say?

This organization is basically run with a guy who is terrified that the market will a walk away from the canucks. I'm not surprised that he is saying that this team won't tank.

Massive irony. Driving away fans with their actions designed to keep fans.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Huge decision if two of Laine, Puljujarvi, or Chychryn are still on the table.

I'd go with the best D option in Chychryn really. Wouldn't think more than 5 seconds if we had the 3rd-6th draft pick. Honestly, the Canucks need a D more than any position right now. And even if we are drafting BPA, I think Chychryn is the BPA at 3rd.

We don't have anyone who can log 30 minutes in a regular season game, or 40 minutes in the playoffs. This guy is tough, physical, has the offensive acumen of a Suter/Weber and is mobile. This is the full package. If people believe Ekblad was the best player last draft, Chychryn, so far, is even better than Ekblad. And Ekblad is a stud.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
I'd go with the best D option in Chychryn really. Wouldn't think more than 5 seconds if we had the 3rd-6th draft pick. Honestly, the Canucks need a D more than any position right now. And even if we are drafting BPA, I think Chychryn is the BPA at 3rd.

We don't have anyone who can log 30 minutes in a regular season game, or 40 minutes in the playoffs. This guy is tough, physical, has the offensive acumen of a Suter/Weber and is mobile. This is the full package. If people believe Ekblad was the best player last draft, Chychryn, so far, is even better than Ekblad. And Ekblad is a stud.

I would have said the same thing two weeks ago. And would probably still go with Chychryn. It's nearly impossible to get that type of D-man via trade and absolutely necessary to have on championship teams. I just think the decision is a lot closer now that I've seen the fins play a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad