The Tank Megathread | 7 | All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Small budget team + Canadian economy tanking = no money.

Cap floor means you do have to spend X amount of money; haven't really bothered looking at their payroll - but most teams could probably afford one big ticket item (might require a dumping of a contract or two).

Not quite as expensive but even a team like the Canes could afford to pay a good chunk of change to Staal.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Cap floor means you do have to spend X amount of money; haven't really bothered looking at their payroll - but most teams could probably afford one big ticket item (might require a dumping of a contract or two).

Well they are going to lose Buff and Ladd this offseason but having a 10M guy on your roster is going to be hard especially having an internal cap.

They really need to get a goalie. Can we con them with Miller.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Well they are going to lose Buff and Ladd this offseason but having a 10M guy on your roster is going to be hard especially having an internal cap.

True enough.

As for Miller, they need a starting goalie not an elite backup goalie.:naughty:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013

They should be adding hamonic

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
NY want a hockey trade, not sure they have the depth since they will be losing Buff.
Is buff leaving certain now?
Haven't heard anything new...

Nyi might have to take the best deal they get. Hamonic is going to want out before next season starts.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Is buff leaving certain now?
Haven't heard anything new...

Nyi might have to take the best deal they get. Hamonic is going to want out before next season starts.

I can see him cashing out, probably will be his last big contract. Don't see him taking a "hometown" discount to stay in Winnipeg and hard to imagine Winningpeg having enough dough to give him the contract he wants.

I think edmonton has the most assets to make a play for Harmonic and they are ****ing ******** for not doing it.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Some nice tank games tomorrow.

Oilers vs Canadiens

Leafs vs sens

Flames vs Nucks

Jets have a chance vs avs
Rangers vs flyers

Lose tomorrow and we lose ground to at least two teams below us and hopefully get a couple of other results (jets flyers)

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Only 5 points out of dead last now.

All it will take is 5 losses in a row and we will be in prime position.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sigh, Calgary lost.

Yes, Flames also stubbed their toe against the lowly Blue Jackets....but look at it positively, seven of the 14 total lottery picks will go to Canadian teams if the situation stays the same, and no real reason to think it won't.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
but look at it positively, seven of the 14 total lottery picks will go to Canadian teams if the situation stays the same, and no real reason to think it won't.

I'm as excited by that prospect as I was when McDavid went to a Canadian team.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Yeah, I really want to see Edmonton augment McDavid with a competent two-way centre in Pierre-Luc Dubois, and I really want to see Ottawa augment Erik Karlsson with another finesse defenseman in Mikhail Sergachev, and I really want to see Toronto with any of the top-four picks, because we all know Toronto is modest and level-headed about its prospects!

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Too bad our schedule is easy asf

Game before the break they lost to Nashville, a team they need to leap frog. Game after the break they lost to the worst team in the league. There is no such thing as an easy schedule when you are a bad team. Right now every decent team that has the Canucks more than once down the stretch are circling those games as gimmes...the Canucks don't get to circle any games.

Fuimus

Jun 24, 2014
Some nice tank games tomorrow.

Oilers vs Canadiens

Leafs vs sens

Flames vs Nucks

Jets have a chance vs avs
Rangers vs flyers

Lose tomorrow and we lose ground to at least two teams below us and hopefully get a couple of other results (jets flyers)[/QUOTE
I think it is more important that we lose ground to the teams in the wild card positions. That way we have a better chance at becoming sellers at the deadline. So I want the Avs to get hot in February.

Last edited:

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Pretty big game tonight. Sucks that Calgary lost yesterday as it would've made this game more interesting. Absolutely do not want to see the flames pick in the top 3.

Feel like after the Leafs game next Saturday the wheels start to come off where we see multiple losing streaks.

Really hoping that the Columbus loss opened Management's eyes and ultimately the Ownership's mindset. Feel like more people are starting to side with the tankists after each lose lately which is good news.

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
Well Miller is supposed to start so I'll say 5-3 Flames. Goals from Virtanen Baertschi and Henrik. Bo and Ben with a pair of Apples each

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Do we want Montreal to win today or Edmonton? Preferably a 3 point game obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad