Post-Game Talk: The Stuart Skinner Show

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
i thought our bottom 6 outplayed their bottom 6 most of the night. and when momentum did swing to them we never gave up anything. Saw somr Nasty from Foegele and the 3rd line is significantly better with kassian than without.

Also Principal Skinner is awesome

You can't tell me some form of Kassian Foegele and upcoming McLeod aren't part of a good bottom six. Just need a bit more.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Kenny getting all our prospects in Euro leagues last year was a great move from him! One of his best. He got one of our prospects in the Slovak league... that is some solid research. Another one in Austria. Dude covered the globe. A+ for that.

Hey I asked this in the B Condors thread but didn't get an answer. Is R Lavoie still a prospect? Anyone know how's he's playing?
Thanks

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
Definitely still one of our top prospects (he's only 21). Seems to be having a slow start in Bako but I don't think anyone is really concerned yet. There's lots of time to bring him along slowly.

Nice! Thanks very much.
Him, Bro, and McLeod are / were my picks to make the show.
Admittedly don't know much about Holloway but concensus is he'll be here too.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Def ride Skinner while he's hot, maybe it was the home game and the fact his folks were there though but that also can put pressure on a goalie, either way huge win!

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
American Arby's is sooooooo good

Edit so is American A & W.

American A&W is puts the Canadian version to so much shame. The beef is so much better. The chicken is better...oh god it so good.

Man, if I was driving through the US all of the time like you I’d be fat off of the cheap smorgasbord of fast food down there.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Man, if I was driving through the US all of the time like you I’d be fat off of the cheap smorgasbord of fast food down there.

I'm pretty sure i put on 25 pounds or .more in my first few months gorging on things not available in a home land.

I try to watch myself now and pace myself n only indulge on a limited basis.

When you see how large and unhealthy looking some of the drivers are, it's motivation to make sure i don't ever let myself go like that.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hey I asked this in the B Condors thread but didn't get an answer. Is R Lavoie still a prospect? Anyone know how's he's playing?
Thanks
He's a good prospects but had a poor preseason and so far is 'ok' in AHL. I think he will be a good oiler in 2 years... His 'flaw' to me is that he is a great shooter but the rest of the game is a little weak. He may end up in Benson territory where he won't be good enough for top 6 and doesn't have a bottom 6 game. Or perlini. It's hard for these guys because they have to change their game to be successful in NHL or go to Europe and be stars in several leagues ala omark! Others may see it differently though.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
He's a good prospects but had a poor preseason and so far is 'ok' in AHL. I think he will be a good oiler in 2 years... His 'flaw' to me is that he is a great shooter but the rest of the game is a little weak. He may end up in Benson territory where he won't be good enough for top 6 and doesn't have a bottom 6 game. Or perlini. It's hard for these guys because they have to change their game to be successful in NHL or go to Europe and be stars in several leagues ala omark! Others may see it differently though.

Thanks!

Reactions: Czechboy

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I'm pretty sure i put on 25 pounds or .more in my first few months gorging on things not available in a home land.

When you see how large and unhealthy looking some of the drivers are, it's motivation to make sure i don't ever let myself go like that.
It's so cheap and good to eat trash in the US. Jack in the Box is an abomination but awesome at the same time. Steak and Shake is a great chain. My wife and I also really enjoy Casey's pizza, Sonic, In and Out, and Chick-fil-a as it's all cheap and good. It's really easy to see how obesity can be such an issue down there for sure.

Last edited:

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
American Arby's is sooooooo good

Edit so is American A & W.

American A&W is puts the Canadian version to so much shame. The beef is so much better. The chicken is better...oh god it so good.

To go completely off topic. I've always thought Canadian A&W is the best fast food burger in NA and unsure why it's not bigger in USA. I actually googled this question before.

Interesting to see the reverse sentiment here.

But here is an article kn the difference in A&W and how it arose

Here's Why A&W Tastes Better in Canada Than It Does in the US.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
To go completely off topic. I've always thought Canadian A&W is the best fast food burger in NA and unsure why it's not bigger in USA. I actually googled this question before.

Interesting to see the reverse sentiment here.

But here is an article kn the difference in A&W and how it arose

Here's Why A&W Tastes Better in Canada Than It Does in the US.
I don't get why A&W isn't more popular. It's more of a small town thing. The burgers are great, and they are quite aggressive when it comes to good deals, and I even like the initiatives they do like the no-steroids beef, organic, grass fed and other things I'm sure. I also prefer their breakfast sandwiches to other fast food ones. But I don't really have burgers much anymore unless at home on bbq

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012

The trick is to indulge in cities where there is lots of walking or things to see. In LA I ate fast food pretty much every meal for 2.5 weeks, but ended up weighing 5 pounds less lol.

Must have walked it off with the nice weather or sweat it out lol

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Def ride Skinner while he's hot, maybe it was the home game and the fact his folks were there though but that also can put pressure on a goalie, either way huge win!
When I seen that his parents, wife, and I think some siblings were there?, I thought for sur ehe would be nervous and rattled. Guy was stone cold

Reactions: Porkleaker

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The trick is to indulge in cities where there is lots of walking or things to see. In LA I ate fast food pretty much every meal for 2.5 weeks, but ended up weighing 5 pounds less lol.

Must have walked it off with the nice weather or sweat it out lol

Tough to find truck parking in the inner cities, and they some are run these days I'm happy staying out in the suburbs or even traveling an extra 20miles to a truck stop that's out in the countryside.

I do try to park at the far ends of the parking lots to force myself to go the extra few footsteps.

I don't think the people of LA would appreciate a big rig blocking their view of the beach hahahahah

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I don't get why A&W isn't more popular. It's more of a small town thing. The burgers are great, and they are quite aggressive when it comes to good deals, and I even like the initiatives they do like the no-steroids beef, organic, grass fed and other things I'm sure. I also prefer their breakfast sandwiches to other fast food ones. But I don't really have burgers much anymore unless at home on bbq
A&W is pricey for fast food. It's top quality for fast food but for the price id rather go to places like fat burger or smash burger. I think it does well in small towns because it strikes a good balance between quality and convenience where options are limited. Burher baron is kind of a similar deal IMO.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I drove TWICE across Canada because of Covid and border lockdowns. It's unbelievable to me how many A&W's there are from Ontario to BC. Every small town had one.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Who knew Schremp would be a details guy? Maybe we should hire him as a coach, lol.
Schremp was ultra ultra skilled. Probably a bit to early for his skill set, I think today he’s a much better NHLer then he was then. Some questions around his work ethic but he had insane puck skills.

I think now he’s a skills coach, has his own business, great for him because not many people could do what he could with a puck and a stick.

Reactions: Cloned

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad