Post-Game Talk: The Stuart Skinner Show

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
He's a good prospects but had a poor preseason and so far is 'ok' in AHL. I think he will be a good oiler in 2 years... His 'flaw' to me is that he is a great shooter but the rest of the game is a little weak. He may end up in Benson territory where he won't be good enough for top 6 and doesn't have a bottom 6 game. Or perlini. It's hard for these guys because they have to change their game to be successful in NHL or go to Europe and be stars in several leagues ala omark! Others may see it differently though.
As long as he keeps progressing and listening to his coaches. He can be an NHL player. He has the tools, some forget he dropped from the 1st round. If be can be patient with himself we can be patient with him. Every players path is different and I think the organization has alotta time for him.

Reactions: Czechboy

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Did anyone post this from our boy, Schremp?

Pretty cool.

This is very cool. My only critique is that McDavid couldn't have read the play 4-5 seconds ahead of time, when he was still in the defensive zone, because the "opening" came when Lurch aka Lowry made a weird lunge toward him in the neutral zone. That seems to be when McDavid saw his path forward.

On a side note, those absolute numbskulls on the main board who say "just hit him" should watch Lurch's aka Lowry's weird lunge toward McDavid and see why trying to take the body on him will only lead to greater embarrassment.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
As long as he keeps progressing and listening to his coaches. He can be an NHL player. He has the tools, some forget he dropped from the 1st round. If be can be patient with himself we can be patient with him. Every players path is different and I think the organization has alotta time for him.
Absolutely. I hope he pans out. We need some of our promising 2nd rounders to start making the roster too!

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
This is very cool. My only critique is that McDavid couldn't have read the play 4-5 seconds ahead of time, when he was still in the defensive zone, because the "opening" came when Lurch aka Lowry made a weird lunge toward him in the neutral zone. That seems to be when McDavid saw his path forward.

On a side note, those absolute numbskulls on the main board who say "just hit him" should watch Lurch's aka Lowry's weird lunge toward McDavid and see why trying to take the body on him will only lead to greater embarrassment.

I agree. The game is so fast and situations change in a heartbeat. There is no way McDavid can see that configuration play out that far in advance. He likely knew he was going to take the puck in himself and make a move, but he had to assess the situation as it came to him, which to me, is far more impressive. This isn't like reading the puck coming around the boards to a spot.

Reactions: soothsayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad