Confirmed with Link: The Stamkos Dream is Dead - He re-signs with Tampa Bay for 8 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Howehullorr is trying to use Lou's thought process as confirmation that your side's multidimensional naysaying was the correct take on the matter, but the real proof is Stamkos' real production over the next 8 years.

Okaaaay.

You want to be right 8 years from now?

This is productive in making decisions in the present how?

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Yup

Thing is, (some) people want to see themselves as right and everyone else as wrong and worse, inferior when it comes to hockey knowledge.

Now, as it turns out, seems like myself and others were thinking the same way that the management team was. Long term was risky, let's not risk a good thing we've started.

Lou's a genius and I'll bet that myself and others are still going to get the "joke" label on the next issue. Yet the point is the same.

Accept and move on I guess.

Agree with the above (bolded text). Although as it turns out, there was never really a debate (i.e. a few people were right, and a bunch were wrong), the debate is dead.

It's dead to me and its time to move on.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Where is the 8.5 x 5 offer posted. I havent seen that rumour anywhere other than here?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
My dream isn't dead. I follow the Leafs more than other NHL teams and I think it's ge ood than he resigned with Tampa. Leafs don't really don't need him in their rebuild. Soon....Nylander, Marner and Matthews might be getting big contracts as they come off ELC. Maybe they get the money.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
At the moment of Bob's tweet I was disappointed about him not coming, despite I was very sceptical about his arrival whole season. I was afraid of his cap-hit and accelerating our rebuild.

I wish him well in Tampa, a cup or 2, and maybe he will come here at 34 and play on 3rd line for small money. I don't blame him or hate him, because I think that he made a better decision for his career. Tampa is talented young team, that will probably be extremely competitive next season and with some luck also in next few seasons.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
At the moment of Bob's tweet I was disappointed about him not coming, despite I was very sceptical about his arrival whole season. I was afraid of his cap-hit and accelerating our rebuild.

I wish him well in Tampa, a cup or 2, and maybe he will come here at 34 and play on 3rd line for small money. I don't blame him or hate him, because I think that he made a better decision for his career. Tampa is talented young team, that will probably be extremely competitive next season and with some luck also in next few seasons.

+1

My sentiments exactly.

LeafsRReady

Aug 14, 2011
+1

My sentiments exactly.

I was okay with him at the right price and I'm AOK with him making the right lifestyle choice for him. I kind of like Stamkos but 2 things to keep in mind:

1) He did play the Leafs and Leafs fans to a large extent; and

2) He is the opposition and he is in our division.

Bottom line is he had a unique opportunity to step up and be part of something special in Toronto and he just didn't have the intestinal fortitude. I don't see why I would wish him any greater level of success than I would any other opponent, so I hope he doesn't win any Stanley Cups. The Leafs will be fighting just as hard for any Cup he is competing for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad