Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Whose having a fit? I was happy when they moved him to the first line because that was the only way it was going to work. He wasn’t doing anything before that which was counterproductive. You don’t even understand the argument that’s being made so I don’t know why you’re even replying to me. That’s happened a lot in this thread over the last 2 years.
Actually Slaf looked good with Dach and Monahan at C too. Did not look good with Evans nor most of the time with Dvorak.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He didn't just develop in 24 hours from being put on that line. His first season was rocky and ended early, his start was bad production wise but he was playing with a checked out Anderson and Newhook forced to play the middle. That line wasn't good.

Once that line was broken up, the production didn't follow, but you could see how Slaf was growing and developing. The production just finally came when he played with better players and that development continued with the confidence.
Exactly. Suzuki would never have asked to take him under his wing if he was playing terrible hockey.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Suzuki thinks Slaf can become a top 5 winger in the league

1713213295621.png

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
It often felt like the Habs were playing catch-up with their prospects no matter what. Players were brought up to plug holes on the roster that never had sufficient skill depth. Insufficient C depth. Insufficient scoring depth.

Depth is when (imperfect) skill players are in lesser roles. We had the opposite. Skill prospects never got a chance because they were never good enough to plug the hole that should've been resolved through other means... and they were never good enough trade pieces because they were either too valuable to trade away (given our dearth of skill prospects) or they were over-cooked and pseudo-busts.
Yeah or players who are meant to be good because of the combination of intangibles, athleticism and natural skill, will be good and the development of the organization plays a small part. So constantly talking as if you understand how a prospect should be developed, when in fact you have no clue is just wasting space on this board. There are examples of all of the above. Prospects who dominate from day 1, prospects who take 5 years to develop into good players then another 3 seasons to become a dominant player, propsects who are cast off by organizations who win Hart trophys on other teams. Every team has busts and steals.

To say the Habs were playing catch-up is with their prospects no matter what is clueless.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
20 goals, 50 points just turned 20. Imagine rooting against this guy? He just tunes it all out.
I’m an oilers fan who comes in peace, was a fan of you guys taking him first and when I saw he scored his 20th I had to look at the rest of his statline and I thought I was looking at Leon Draisaitls statline for his first two nhl seasons. You guys have a gem here, teams have to be patient with the big bodied puck protectors

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
250K bonus hit tonight for Slaf

That downtown Montreal scene is gonna be a movie tonight.

I can't even imagine reading the amount of filth on Slaf's DMs right now. Use protection Slaf.

I've said be patient with KK be patient with Anderson and i've been saying be patient with Slaf its about time i get one right.

You can only accumulate so many Ls, you're bound to strike gold at some point.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
What a season! such f***ing progression!!!!

love that he got his 20th goal and 50th point in the final game in clutch fashion... kid is going to be a top player in this league and an absolutely superstar!

I've said it before and I'll say it again... kids the mother f***ing SLAFSQUATCH!

credit to Runner77 for the pic :D

Attachments

• cFD1Ubr.gif
    cFD1Ubr.gif
    3.6 MB · Views: 2

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Very happy and proud to have Slafkovsky in our organization. A cornerstone piece for our franchise for years to come. His upside is ski high and his work ethic matches it. Can't wait to see him next year. Next year we wish him to start the season like he ended it and to keep it consistent. 65-70pts isn't out of reach for him

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I’m an oilers fan who comes in peace, was a fan of you guys taking him first and when I saw he scored his 20th I had to look at the rest of his statline and I thought I was looking at Leon Draisaitls statline for his first two nhl seasons. You guys have a gem here, teams have to be patient with the big bodied puck protectors
After 10 years of dealing with fans "coming in peace" to the Oilers board after another loss you come in here and do that to us?

Kidding man, thanks for stopping by

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad